Thread: Single sharing a room

Single sharing a room

Looking into booking my first Hedo trip - will be traveling solo - I saw somewhere about you could get a discounted rate if you shared with a roomate. Anyone know how you book it, and is the cost savings worth the trouble?

Hi Joe.

The cost of a single share room is half the cost of two people paying for the room at the double occupancy rate. The resort assigns another male guest to share with you.

The cost of booking a single guarantee is 75% of the cost of two people paying for the room at the double occupancy rate.

So...if a room cost $400 per night for two people, single share rate would be $200 per night and the single guarantee rate would be $300per night.

You cannot book single share online...you must do so through a travel agent. Also many of the sales and specials do not apply to anyone booking a single share rate.

It depends on how much you need to watch your costs....25% is still 25% and significant to some people but you might not save that much if there is a sale in effect anyway and there is always the problem that you may just have problems getting along with your room mate.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Thanks Mary - I'm still figuring out what days I want to go, and if I should go with a group, and should I get one of the better rooms with a roomate or lower price room by myself, or ....

As you can guess, I haven't made any decisions at all yet.

It's a good thing you're thinking it through and researching your options!

Since you're posting on the H3 forum I presume you're inclined to visit H3? While everone has a type of room they prefer for one reason or another, for your first trip I'd advise getting the cheapest room category and see if you have a preference for your NEXT trip.

The difference between rooms is location and view...with the exception of the suites which are slightly larger with a fridge. But all the rooms at H3 are very roomy!

View..you can request an ocean view but you may still have trees or bushes between you and the ocean.

Location...all the blocks of rooms are centrally located in one cluster so that no one room is more than 5 minutes walking distance difference from any point at the resort. All blocks of rooms have a straight path to the nude pool and beach so that you can walk there nude if you aren't making a detour to the prude areas first.

On top of it all, you likely spend very little time in your room, so why pay more until you're certain which room may be something worth the extra cost or not?

If that is your only reason for chosing a single share, I'd say go single guarantee and get the lowest price room for your first trip.

We have a large group taking our 7th trip this year and we welcome single males and females to join us. It's a very social group and accepting of the single males as well as females. Our trip is from the 24th of April through May 1st and you can follow the links below to check out our website and get an online price quote.

Of if you can't wait, join us for our first fall trip starting on November 7th!

You'll get great rates through our online booking engine with Castaways.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaryW View Post

Location...all the blocks of rooms are centrally located in one cluster so that no one room is more than 5 minutes walking distance difference from any point at the resort. All blocks of rooms have a straight path to the nude pool and beach so that you can walk there nude if you aren't making a detour to the prude areas first.
    This statement made me think... We booked in prude, not because we plan to be on the prude side much (if ever). Is it proper to wear a robe or something leaving the prude area heading to nude (leaving our room)? or is it permissable to go nude.
    We had just assumed we'd need to cover up for commute..

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast View Post
    This statement made me think... We booked in prude, not because we plan to be on the prude side much (if ever). Is it proper to wear a robe or something leaving the prude area heading to nude (leaving our room)? or is it permissable to go nude.
    We stay on the nude side, and still cover up (even if it's just a towel) going from the room to the pool.
    It may just be us, but I'm still a little uncomfortable being completely nude around fully clothed people. Clothed people are checking in/out, going off site, or housekeeping for example.

But to answer your question, you'll often see nude people on the prude side - "nude waterslide team" for example (been there)! - So I'd say, do whatever you feel comfortable with.

For that matter - why is there a prude side in the first place? It's twice the size, and there's nobody there?

Anyway, I'm guessing if we took a vote on whether it's permissible, you'd get an overwhelming - Go Nude!

We usually book in the quad, pool right outside and much quieter than nude pool rooms at night, most of the time. I walk from there to the nude side nekkid unless I have been over on the prude side, I will wrap in a towel or sarong. Most people just don't care and the ones who do, don't venture far from the prude side.
    Wendy (Ted is now LactoseFreeLove for those who missed it! He needed his own name!)

DIF SUCKS!!! Counting down the days...again!! Less than 100!! July 23, 2010 cannot come soon enough! www.wildwomenvacations.com and www.cocktailsintl.com! Will be a great week! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast View Post
    If I had an 800 building room on the ground floor and we have, I would walk out the back door to the nude pool in seconds, and we have, without hesitation. If I were walking out the front door, a towel, a bathing suit or some cover up would be fine, and they were...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    If I had an 800 building room on the ground floor and we have, I would walk out the back door to the nude pool in seconds, and we have, without hesitation. If I were walking out the front door, a towel, a bathing suit or some cover up would be fine, and they were...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    Thanks, yeah, I think the 800 building is where she booked. We had been talking about moving to the nude side because we paln to spend 90% of our time there anyway but if it's not a problem to streak to the nude pool then so be it...lol
    Kel picked the 800 building for the closeness to the ocean. In the past we did stay at Sandals and always ocean front so I guess even with all the other reasons to be at Hedo she still wants to hear the ocean from the room.

agree with offshore, quad is cheaper than nude, you can be anywhere from nude to fully dressed, quieter at night typically, cheaper, plus it is centrally located at the resort, so whether you are staggering to the restaurant or back to the nude pool, you are about equidistant. that's where we have stayed the past two trips.

If you want quiet, there is one building that is "inland" between the quad buildings and the nude oceanfront buildings. Near that ruin of a "jail" thingy that people like to use for pictures. Somebody remind me what the number is? No view of anything but its quiet; we know someone who always stays there for that reason.

While the quad tends to be quieter, IMHO if anyone DOES make any noise it is kind of trapped within the enclosure. But then we've only stayed there one night in 5 trips, when the room we wanted wasn't ready/available yet. We just like to see out to the ocean.

A single girl we met had a single share and only saw other suitcases one night; never saw any other guest there but only some signs the bathroom had been used. I think sometimes a person booking a single share is actually part of a 3-some and merely books as the cheapest way to get on site, then stays with the other two.
    Kinks think we're Swingers,
    Swingers think we're Kinks