Thread: Can't Miss Drinks & Photography

Can't Miss Drinks & Photography

Hello Good Hedo people!
    My soon to be new wife and myself are headed to Hedo II for our maiden honeymoon trip in a couple of weeks, and as newbies, have just a couple of questions. We know that the beer of choice is red stripe,but being that we'll be in a tropical paradise, we're thinking tropical.... so aside from the dirty bananas what are some other "must try" concoctions?

On a side note, we understand the rules about photography, and are 100% respectful of others privacy, but being that this is out honeymoon, we'd hate to come home pictureless. From our reading, and of course seeing hedo pictures here, we know that tactful photography is allowable. What I'm wondering is is it worth it to bring my larger DSLR for the creative sunset/sunrise portrait edge, or should I be happy and just pack a mini Nikon coolpix? Also, how big is the room safe? If we go with the bigger more pro camera, it's doubtful that we would want to haul it around the entire trip. Talk about looking like tourists, hey look at that fat naked dude with the camera....and he's got a tripod too!
    Connie and Mick from Reno, NV

Trip # 2... Oct. 27th - Nov. 6th, 2011

Trip # 3.... Oct. 26th - Nov. 4th, 2012

Trip # 4 ... Oct. 30th - Nov. 8th, 2013

Yahoo...... Dancing_2Some
    SLS......... Dancing2some
    AFF......... Dancing2some

We always enjoyed Hummingbirds as a morning nutritional drink ( can't remeber what's in other than banana's , strawberries, rum cream) and Landsharks. As for the camera, we have a very heavy drag from sand gravity. The thought of hauling around a SLR and setting up a tripod , looking for the perfect composition, fall of light....saps the life out of me. I STRUGGLED to make time to trim up a single of pussy last trip! Too bad we're going to JUST miss you we come back on the 20th Tim and Kim

Congrats!! The room safe dimensions are approx 11" wide x 6" high x 13" deep. There are plenty of great places for photos around Hedo - on the beaches, and around the various gardens and pools. The sunsets are indeed nice this time of year and you can get a good direct view from the point by Delroy's bar. Either the SLR or the minicam will give ya some great pics. There are excellent photos to be had up along the main beach too - very colorful and busy with bars, shops and interesting characters.

Drinks.... A hummingbird is basically a dirty banana with grenadine. Other favs: rum punch from Delroy's (it's fast too, since they make a bunch every morning). Very tasty and made with overproof rum which has a unique flavor. A rum punch with some dark Coruba rum on top makes a tasty but deadly drink. The strawberry daiquiris in the self-serve slurpee machines are surprisingly good too. Other must-try concoctions: Ting (a great grapefruit soda) plain, or with good gin or vodka. Flaming Bob Marley shots in the piano bar are always fun too. Just be careful not to suck up the flames. There are a bunch of other great drinks to try depending on your preferences. Jamaican delights are tasty, as are woo-woos.

Enjoy your trip! Incidentally, when will you folks be there?

Cheers!

Chris
    Liz & Chris

Thanks for the great advice guys!!! We suspect that we'll want to try everything, lol. Guess anticipation is setting in, as I sit here researching jamaican drinks on one puter, and the little mrs researching "slutwear" on another. For our maiden voyage we'll be there Oct 20 - 27th, and if anticipation is correct, twice a year afterwards. YeeeHaaa, as the song says...we've got our toes in the water, ass in the sand!!!!
    Connie and Mick from Reno, NV

Trip # 2... Oct. 27th - Nov. 6th, 2011

Trip # 3.... Oct. 26th - Nov. 4th, 2012

Trip # 4 ... Oct. 30th - Nov. 8th, 2013

Yahoo...... Dancing_2Some
    SLS......... Dancing2some
    AFF......... Dancing2some

LOL... Cool indeed re twice a year! Be sure to avail yourselves of the buy-14-get-3-free deal (assuming it's still in force next year). It's sucked us in a bunch of times. Enjoy!!
    Liz & Chris

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    You can also try a Purple Rain, Purple Motherfucker and if you are feeling brave a Bob Marley will make you feeling tingely. Have fun its your honeymoon. John & Terry
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

You can't miss with a Rumrunner from Delroy...they are very strong though...order a Rumrunner light.
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

Congrats on the upcoming wedding...Pina Colada with an Appleton Rum floater is a good one we like. We always bring our camera with us and have always secured it in the safe with no problems.

Have fun...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Blog Entries
    Now I believe this equation works out...

Tripod + Camcorder =

Have fun on your trip no matter what you pack... always forget the clothes!
    07/15-07/20

2010: 07/08-07/15@ H3 - 10/08-10/11@ H2 - 11/18-11/24@ H3

Newly Addicted & looking for a Second Job!