Thread: Northwest Frequent flyer miles

Northwest Frequent flyer miles

I know this is a bit off the subject for this website, but hoping to get some assistance from all you fine travelers. I have a friend that lives in Atlanta who is in final stages of cancer. He is a long time University of Michigan fan and would like to see one last game before he moves on. His strength is still good, and able to travel.

My question is: Does anyone know of a way that I could purchase him a plane ticket utilizing my frequent flyer miles? From reading the website it sounds like I could give him miles for the flight, but the cost of the miles are nearly the same as the ticket.

Any word of advice would be much appreciated.
    Hedo III November 9th-16th

I don't know about Northwest, but with USAirways I can use my miles to book a ticket for anyone. I've done this for friends, my husband and my daughter. They also offer the option of gifting the miles to someone, but what sense does that make it when you can just book the ticket for someone? I'd give it a try. Just make sure you have his info (full name and all that) plus the itinerary that works for him and give it a whirl...or give NW a call and ask.

Good luck.

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    I don't know about Northwest, but with USAirways I can use my miles to book a ticket for anyone. I've done this for friends, my husband and my daughter. They also offer the option of gifting the miles to someone, but what sense does that make it when you can just book the ticket for someone? I'd give it a try. Just make sure you have his info (full name and all that) plus the itinerary that works for him and give it a whirl...or give NW a call and ask.

Good luck.

Liz
    Liz,

Thanks for your input, its greatly appreciated. Shortly after posting this thread I remembered I had a high school buddy who works (high up) for NWA/Delta, and I've sent him a message asking for his input as well.

With your info Imight just give it a try if my friends doesnt come through with something. Also hoping he might just throw me a ticker, since he knows this friend as well.

Thanks
    Hedo III November 9th-16th