Thread: Faking out FaceBook - What's your Code Word?

Faking out FaceBook - What's your Code Word?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I have gotten somewhat addicted to FaceBook; and I have a lot of Hedofriends on there...Hi Liz & RastaBill & FTW!

Every few weeks, another person we know from the Zoo adds me....some make comments about "Hedo" and I have to delete those because the other friends I have on there are family, coworkers, high school buddies, etc. who it would not be a good idea to let know where we let loose in Negril.

However, we all know what it means when somebody mentions Jamaica...or Denny...or Delroy...or Paulette...or the waterslide, disco, or piano bar....

So I was wondering, if you use FB or other such social networks, what are your thoughts? I know some of you are lucky enough to not have to worry about it; we are not in that boat.

Tam
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

we created a FB account just for our "jamaica" friends and keep the 2 seperate......
    We need a Hedo fix.......SOON

Hedo III - Nov 07, 08, 09 & 10

Well, I have had some issues as well. Obviously our family knows we go to H2 since we were married there with my folks and daughter in attendance (in fact my step daughter asked my husband just this weekend if we were swingers)! BUT the fact that our family knows about Hedo doesn't necessarily mean we want everyone we're connected to on FB to know. Sure they know about Jamaica, but I prefer to keep the zoo out of it....mostly because I like to choose who I tell what to and because we're FB friends with all our kids, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc etc.

I've had some issues with friends of H2 friends friending me (hey, that's a lot of friends in that sentence)...and since I'm the friendly type I accept the friend request and then see that their entire profile is about hooking up, sex, etc...so that's usually a short lived friendship on FB. Ever since a friend of a friend I accepted started trolling my friends (including my daughter) for girlie hookups, I've been a lot more careful. That was just not cool.

I try to keep the H2 references out of my wording and hope I do. Please feel free to nudge me or remind me Tam if I don't!!!

Anyway........I still haven't figured out 100% how to proceed around the entire issue even though we're very open about it. That whole thing about a friend of a friend trolling thru my friends was just too weird.......................

Liz
    Liz & Chris

You can set up your preferences so your friends are organized by group and you can restrict what certain groups see on your Wall, pictures, etc on FB. Monieb is FB friends with some of her co-workers and obviously doesn't want them knowing all of her business, so she has them restricted from her wall and her pictures, even though all of her Hedo friends are pretty discreet and don't talk about sexual topics on FB. Generally, we just talk about "Jamaica", rather than make direct Hedo references on Facebook, though.

"Are You Feeling Hedo's Mojo Yet?"
    Hedonism II, April 21-28, 2012
    mo@hedomojo.com

We only refer to "the beach" or "Jamaica" !

Kiki

Quote Originally Posted by mustangranch68 View Post
    we created a FB account just for our "jamaica" friends and keep the 2 seperate......
    That's what I did too!

We each have our own FB, and one for the 2 of us that is just hedo friends.. keeps it easy. Nick (and the sassy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Hey Tam-
    Doesn't Chris usually just refer to it by taunting you with "going home"? lol

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTampa View Post
    Hey Tam-
    Doesn't Chris usually just refer to it by taunting you with "going home"? lol
    Hi Melissa,
    Yes, he taunts me mercilessly....but Rudy and I taunt back. It is actually kind of amusing that others aren't in on the joke, so to speak. LOL

And Liz - I think you and I mostly talk about gardening, nature, cooking and books...no worries there.
    Tam
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

I have lots of Hedo friends, and non Hedo friends on my facebook, and so far the Hedo friends have always used terms like Jamaica, Delroys, "are you going south this winter" and we know what they mean. So no problems.