Thread: August 14th - 22nd

August 14th - 22nd

This was our 3rd August visit in as many years. After a painful westcoast red-eye we hit the ground in MoBay at 12:30p and in the room by 4p. The bus trip was a little longer this year because of road construction on the west side of MoBay. Pay attention to your karma kids, because if you don’t behave I’m sure your punishment will be to come back in the next life as a flagger on a Jamaican road project.

For the uninitiated the bus trip was probably a little scary but by the time we cleared Lucea every time we got behind a slow car several (‘edo) people would start egging Mike the driver to pass. We dropped off the Grand Dildo guests, letting them know what dull time they were in for. Once in the resort M waited to check in and I went for as many Dirty Bananas that I could carry back for our new friends from the bus ride. This was going to be a great trip!

Dress up and theme nights in the evenings were great this year. M had a battery of outfits that were smokin’ and she walked away with the ‘most revealing’ bottle of rum on pj night. I have to apologize for any trauma I caused with my gimp outfit on fetish night, hopefully you’ll get a good looking therapist when you get home. Several people commented on how they had brought outfits but didn’t wear them at the last minute. I highly advise taking that big step and dressing up. The inhibition fades quickly and only good fun and laughs remain.

There was a great mix of people at the resort. This was the busiest of any of our trips to date. Lot’s of people to be social with but still had timely service at the bar and grills. It was great to see and hang with people from the previous years along with all the first timers. I highly recommend the late night rum cream body shots with 12 of your soon to be closest friends (that’s the real reason the hot tub is cloudy). K and M of the Happy Bastards group were there at the same time and we had great times with them as well, looking forward to seeing you guys in the future.

Despite the normal ‘edo debauchery we did manage to get out on the snorkeling boat three times. Lot’s of coral and sea life to experience. Make sure to bring bread or cheerios and the fish will swarm you, making for good photos. Look for the canon and anchor at the reef straight out from the resort.

We also spent a day off the resort touring with Devon and his buddy O’Neal. We got to see Green Island where they grew up and the surrounding sugar cane fields. They took us to Mayfield Falls for the tour and that was fun as well. The other couple we were with had been to Dunn river falls and thought that this was a better tour. Bolt was running in Berlin that day so Devon wanted to race up the hill back to the car. I was beat handedly. If you run with Jamaicans you better get used to looking at their asses! We got to eat at a roadside stand in Little London and had some excellent curried conch. Big Up to Chef and his many hats. We ended the day with a little shopping in downtown Negril. While it seems hard to get off the resort sometimes, I know we will make it a point to get out in the countryside on our subsequent trips.

Other notables:

Brad and Kim from Tantric Heats were there during our week. We went to four classes and had a good time. I’m sure it was a hard (no pun intended) crowd for them since most ‘edo guest are in touch with their sarcastic side more than their spiritual side. The classes we went to were packed and we look forward to all the homework assignments we were given. A shout out to Paul for showing us his GPS for locating the G-spot during class I highly recommend sitting next to stand up comic in Tantra class!

Our new friends R&L from Canada- we had a great time hanging out with you. R manage to step on a stingray down by the prude beach one morning and got stung on his big toe warranting a visit from the doctor. Careful where you step, especially early in the morning before things get stirred up. We bought a stingray carving from a beach vendor in honor of R’s experience.

The Dreaded Sex Police:

Before going down we were a bit worried about the chatter concerning pda’s. After getting debriefed (no pun intended) by the Mayor and 1st Lady of ‘edo (it was great to see you guys again!) there was certainly an issue during the 1st week of August. We felt bad for those who had their vacations disrupted because of this.

While we were there, there was more security milling around both day and night than what I remember from previous trips. While we heard they did disrupt a few moments, we never witnessed it ourselves. We made a good go of it but didn’t get any citations and couldn’t get thrown out of the place. If you want details then you’ll just have to come down the latter part of next August .

Again Remember: Aug 6th is Jamaican Independence and if you want a normal ‘edo experience you’d be advised to not come during that time.

In Conclusion:

I think the next trip will have to be for 12-14 days (7-8 party days, 1-2 recovery days and 3-4 off premise cultural days).

I can’t say enough about all the great people we got to hang with, starting with the bus ride out right up to hitting customs in Houston on the way back, and everything in between. Big Up to Devon and Geraldine for going out of their way to take care of us this trip.

Until we reunite next year - Walk Good!
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there's a field. I'll meet you there."

Thumbs up

Thanks for the report, it sounds like you guys had a blast. Thanks for the update about the "SP" and we agree, it was probably the holiday that caused the most citations as you said.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Thanks for the report! I wonder if the O'Neil who took you around with Devon was O'Neil who was a divemaster on the scuba boat? We've been wondering where he was...I'll ask Devon on our upcoming trip.

Thanks again for the nice report!
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Thanks for the report! I wonder if the O'Neil who took you around with Devon was O'Neil who was a divemaster on the scuba boat? We've been wondering where he was...I'll ask Devon on our upcoming trip.

Thanks again for the nice report!
    Not sure if he was a dive guy or not. Devon introduced him as someone he grew up with in Green Island and they still live there today.
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there's a field. I'll meet you there."

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How did you set up this off property tour you took? It sounds like a worthwhile bit of cultural emersion and worth burning a day on. That West Coast red eye is a familiar experience for us too.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by caughtyoulookin View Post
    How did you set up this off property tour you took? It sounds like a worthwhile bit of cultural emersion and worth burning a day on. That West Coast red eye is a familiar experience for us too.
    sent you a pm