Thread: Theme night questions - Please help (kind of long)

Theme night questions - Please help (kind of long)

These have probably been asked a hundred times about the theme nights, but here goes anyway...

My wife and I are planning a trip to HII, our first, for our 30th anniversary. We’ve never been to a nude beach before and never been to a place that is so sexual oriented, but... But we want to jump right in. We think the toga party is a must and the PJ party sounds like fun. We probably can swing the masquerade, and maybe, just maybe, we’ll get up the courage to do the ‘bare as you dare’ night ‘in costume’.

I've seen some comments that some people don't go the themes in the proper spirit. What I’m wondering is how many people ‘dress’ for the events and how many just come causal. It all sounds like fun, but if most people don’t ‘play’ it kind of loses it’s point.

Also, I’m wondering what are the kinds of things that people wear to these events? I’ve seen the pictures posted on this and other sites, but what’s really ‘normal’?

As I’ve read here, there are a lot of choices for women on PJ night. Do most women wear PJ’s, nightgowns, nighties, babydolls, or do most wear what most would think is better suited to the fetish night (you know, the fishnet and spandex and leather and latex)?

And what about we guys? My first thought was boxers or a robe, but reading some of the few things posted about that theme night leads me to think that’s way too bland. What other choices are there? In my ‘real’ life, I guess I’ve been missing a part of the fun because I don’t ‘dress’ to excite my wife. Any help here would be appreciated.

(Add to our dilemma, although my wife has some sexy and exciting bedroom attire, we sleep nude and if I understand the themes correctly, that’s for 'another' night.)

For toga night, how many people bring ‘designer’ toga’s from home and how many just use the resort sheets?

For the fetish/masquerade, do people really bring elaborate costumes? Are they things that you see on sites like ‘Wicked Temptations’ or are they homemade? My first idea as a pirate and his captive princess. After all it is Jamaica and I’ve always wanted to be a pirate, but the few pictures that I’ve seen of costumes worn shows that pirates might be common. For those that do dress, what are the common costumes that we might want to avoid.

And for the fetish side of it, how many people go the fetish route? What is common there – masters and slaves, I imagine? I would also guess that there are often a number of school girls and doctors and nurses and cops. When people go this route, is it really fetishes or is it ‘costume’ fetishes? (I mean, my wife and I have a couple of real fetishes. Do we bring them out? Or do we save them for our own private pleasures and just ‘play’ the game with ‘mainstream’ fetishes?)

And finally, (I bet you thought this would never end), just how bare do people dare on ‘bare as you dare’ night? Is this just another opportunity to dress in sexy stuff, or do people go the ‘full Monty’?

As I said, this is our first trip to HII and we’ve read the books and boards and want this to be the ‘best damn vacation ever’. I’m sure it will be, no matter what, but I’m getting so spun up about it that I don’t want to miss anything and any help you kind folks can give will be appreciated.

Mike
    (nee Zed)

Mike,

The first thing anyone who has been to the island will say to you is........" Relax mon!". At hedo, you do what you want, there is no requirement... and if you are the only one to choose to participate then no one will hold it against you...in fact they may applaude your spirit.

My suggestion is pick the nights that you want to have an outfit for....find someting you would like and go with it. If someone else chooses something like you chose then you have "something" in common. No problem mon.

As far as toga night goes... unless you feel strongly about having our own custom outfit...go with the sheets provided... the staff is very good at helping with innovative ways of tying them...and they are free. Spend your money on PJ night and other costumed nights.... as afar as bare as your dare goes... follow that rule...bare what you dare...however you want.

Relax and enjoy the vacation mon... the theme nights are fun but you can have a great time and not participate in them if thats your desire. IMHO.
    nekidthespians
    DTM & Juju
    www.TheMartiniGlass.com

There's way to much to comment on here, so I'll give a few quick comments. For most nights, anything you would be arrested for at WalMart will be totally acceptable at H2. Fetish stuff is VERY popular. For guys, creativity is a little toughter. Thongs are good. I've worn thongs with a Hawaiian shirt to good effect. A kimono with nada is good too! Guys in slave gear are ok too. On PJ night, the "Full Monty" has been done for those bold enough. This is your chance to be as wild as you want to be. Do it!
    Alex & Laura: H2 Dec 4-13 2009
    There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning - Jimmy Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by Nekidthespians
    Mike,

The first thing anyone who has been to the island will say to you is........" Relax mon!". At hedo, you do what you want, there is no requirement... and if you are the only one to choose to participate then no one will hold it against you...in fact they may applaude your spirit.

<<<snip>>>

Relax and enjoy the vacation mon... the theme nights are fun but you can have a great time and not participate in them if thats your desire. IMHO.
    You can be sure that when I hit the sand I'll be nothing but relaxed... I'll be so relaxed that they may have to pour me into my insolated mug to keep me from melting into the sand.

As for feeling there is any kind of requirement, no I don’t think that. I’m just a bit anal about details at times (is that one of the theme nights?) at least while I’m getting ready. When I go bowling, I make sure I get the heavy ball with the 3 holes, not the soft, fuzzy, bouncy ball. When I play volley ball I don’t bring a football. And while I’m thinking about what to do for the toga night or the PJ night, I try to think about it the same way – ‘Its all about the balls.’

So if I can ask, what have you seen men wear on the PJ night that wasn’t bland boxers? The other responder talked about wearing thongs. Is that wild enough. I admit it, my wife has many sexy bedroom get-ups, but I’ve never gone that route. (And when I ask my wife for help, she gives me that same blank stare that I’m sure is on my face.)

My wife often says that she finds it sexy when I dress nice when we go out, but when we hit the sheets, she prefers me to wear nothing at all... and I usually give her what she wants. I have no idea what I would wear if I wanted to ‘dress for sex’.

So there is it... If I may ask, lets say for the moment I’m going to stay away from the high-concept leather master/slave garb, what has been the sexiest, most exotic ‘pajamas’ you’ve seen men wear at HII?

And while I’m asking, what has been the hottest thing that you’ve seen the women wear? My wife and I sleep naked so my wife doesn’t have any JCPenney jammies, but her ‘play clothes’ are probably not as wild as they get at HII.

I know this might be asking a lot, but any help will be appreciated.

Cadillac Mike

Mike,

Since you are planning to stay away from leather looks on PJ night (also known as leather and lace night), then I assume PVC, latex (worn or painted on), and other materials are out too. Last year we saw a couple dressed almost entirely made from glow sticks. It was very cool....and bright.

We have seen everything from basic PJ's to robes and boxers and/or thongs to nothing at all, even a granny nightgown (was very funny).

It's hard as a repeater to give specific advice on what to wear for themes, because (as everything at Hedo) it's up to you to choose what you are comfortable with.

As far as worring about the balls goes, there are a wide range of undergarments that can support and even enhance , while not interfering with a more loose and flowing garment should that be what you choose.
    nekidthespians
    DTM & Juju
    www.TheMartiniGlass.com