Thread: Fantasy Fest 2009

Fantasy Fest 2009

Who's going?

Were going and some friends coming with us. Anyone else gonna be there?
    Regards,

K&M
    PartyNaked!

"Sin Bravely!"

Woot! My first chance to post on here.

We have been lurking here reading about Hedo to learn more and are thinking about a trip in the next few months.

Finally a subject we are qualified to talk about! We have been to Fantasy Fest 6 years in a row and love it. I would recommend checking out the Krewe de Krazy Life a very loose based online group that meets each night at Capt Tony's around 7 before heading off in various directions. There site is http://www.krazykrewe.com/ and they also have a Yahoo group that is one of the best sources for info on all things Fantasy Fest.

What dates are you going? We'll be there from the 24th to the 2nd this year.

Back to lurking and if anyone has FF questions I'd be happy to toss in my .02

We were at Fantasy Fest last year, was an experience, were there for almost the entire week and did the dress up, or down, however you look at it , everynight. We did meet up with the Krazy Krewe and there are some pictures of us there as well, they were a great fun bunch of people.
    Jo- & Mark

Quote Originally Posted by majicman View Post
    Woot! My first chance to post on here.

We have been lurking here reading about Hedo to learn more and are thinking about a trip in the next few months.

Finally a subject we are qualified to talk about! We have been to Fantasy Fest 6 years in a row and love it. I would recommend checking out the Krewe de Krazy Life a very loose based online group that meets each night at Capt Tony's around 7 before heading off in various directions. There site is http://www.krazykrewe.com/ and they also have a Yahoo group that is one of the best sources for info on all things Fantasy Fest.

What dates are you going? We'll be there from the 24th to the 2nd this year.

Back to lurking and if anyone has FF questions I'd be happy to toss in my .02

Cool! We will be there from the 29th thru the 1st. Its our first time and we hope to have a killer time.
    Regards,

K&M
    PartyNaked!

"Sin Bravely!"

30 and 31

Hey, we want to go to Fantasy Fest on Oct. 30 and 31. We haven't been before. Any suggestions on where to stay that has reasonable rates and something we could still book?
    It sounds like a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderfun23 View Post
    Hey, we want to go to Fantasy Fest on Oct. 30 and 31. We haven't been before. Any suggestions on where to stay that has reasonable rates and something we could still book?
    It sounds like a lot of fun.

Were book at the Radisson. Got a great rate, but then again we booked ages ago. Cant speak for now, probably not too many left.
    Regards,

K&M
    PartyNaked!

"Sin Bravely!"

Any other suggestion for where to stay. Should we stay closer to Duval St.??
    We are planing to go next year.

Thanks for any other help or suggestions!!!

We were there last year as well. Stayed at LaConcha. We used to live in Marathon. We've been to soooo many Fantasy Fests, I think we're finished for awhile.

Been there, got the t-shirt!

We will be in Miami for several days inroute to H2 and planned on driving down to the Keys during fantasy fest.. Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to park for the day?

Kshedocouple - If you go down the first half of the week Mon-Thur you can usually find free street parking during the day where you can leave your car as long as you want. Friday & Saturday it is almost impossible and the pay parking is ~$40-80 per day. Make sure you don't park in a spot marked for residents. There are also some shuttles from further out but I've never used them.

If you really want to experience FF you need to stay within crawling distance of Duval street. Most places have minimum stay requirements and prices are really jacked during that time. Check with Susie at www.keywestkey.com - I know dozens of people including myself that have used her many times for rooms. She is free to use and can book all the b&b's and hotels, in addition to private locations, if anyone can find a room at a good price, just tell her what you want. PS you don't have to worry about shocking her if you have special requests either

FF is one of the few places I've heard of outside of Hedo where you can have sex on a barstool with 50 of your "closest" friends watching and cheering you on, and the bartender doesn't bat an eye. Done that, got the t-shirt

thanks for the info majicman, luckily we will be going down there during the week then so parking shouldn't be a problem! I sure wish we could stay longer than a day, but thats all the time we have. Unfortunately, we booked a room near the airport in Miami. We are kicking ourselves now for not being able to stay in the keys longer

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    Any other suggestion for where to stay. Should we stay closer to Duval St.??
    We are planing to go next year.

Thanks for any other help or suggestions!!!
    Hey Guys, have a great time @ Fantasy Fest, we were there last year, we stayed at Ocean Key, the address is 1 Duval street. It's all the way at the end, the hotel pool is back to back with Malory Square. The room were really nice, jacuzzi, 2 T.V.'s, and to get to the action it was only a 2 block walk, so you were there in no time...The hotel right across the strett, can't remember the name, was nice too, and they have a little beach area, which if I remember correctly, was topless. If you are interested, I will see if I can get the name.... Enjoy, and have a drink @ Captain Tony's...
    Jo- & Mark

Quote Originally Posted by boatlover1995 View Post
    ...The hotel right across the strett, can't remember the name, was nice too, and they have a little beach area, which if I remember correctly, was topless. If you are interested, I will see if I can get the name.... Enjoy, and have a drink @ Captain Tony's...
    I think you're talking about the Pier House. They have a beach and a hot tub that I've heard gets pretty fun late in the evening during FF but we haven't been there.

I think your right....good looking out...
    Jo- & Mark