Thread: Brent & Kathy trip report

Smile Brent & Kathy trip report

This was our second year going to Hedo 3 and first with AWOL and I must say, Kathy and I didn't want to leave. We depareted from Ft. Lauderdale on 8/1 which went smoothly all the way through to check-in at the resort. We had a wonderful greeting by our gracious hosts, R/I & N/K among other AWOLers. Not only did we get our AWOL gift bag, but drinks as well. Can't go wrong with that. We were able to catch up with friends from last year, and finally meet our new friends we've got to know online throughout the year.

The next several days were a blur. Our room was clean and presentable. We were on the third floor with a nice view of the Quad. The food I think was much improved over last year. Kudos out to the chef at the main dining room, The selection of meats, cheeses etc. were excellent. The coco bread was probably my fave item of all the food on the resort. Curry goat and Jerk pork weren't too far behind (in my opinion)..We enjoyed the Munasan Japanese restaurant so much, we went twice. Pastafari was very nice, although I thought the service was a little slow. Service at the Scotch Bonnet - Reggae Cafe was hit and miss throughout the week. I didn't care for the change of service having to order up at the counter and waiting for our meals. It was much better when they would come take our order at the table.

The nude pool/bar was just how we remembered it, one long continuous party. Serena was excellent. Makes a great dirty banana among other drinks. Her supporting staff and evening staff were fine as well. A little long on the wait time for drink orders, but the pool was quite crowded with not only us AWOLers, but non-AWOLers as well. The Quad was much quieter, but well populated with many of our AWOL friends throughout the week.

We ventured off the property once to enjoy a nude catamaran(sp) day cruise with many of our AWOL friends. A special thanks to B/E for being our group fill in hosts on the trip. Let's just say the trip was memorable in such a positive way!!! The fashion show was one laugh after another. The bus ride there was upbeat with great music and the trip back was nappy time.

We did have some minor health issues during the trip. I was pigheaded and refused to wear shoes the majority of the trip and aggrevated the bottom of my feet due to spending too much time walking barefoot on hot surfaces. Kathy had a bad case of acid reflux throughout the latter half of the week which caused some discomfort. Other than that, nothing to report.

The entertainment and theme nights were quite entertaining. The talent show (Kudos to G/B and M for great performances) was a hit. the entertainers/dancers were very talented and well choreographed. Theme nights had a lot of participation. Everyone was quite creative in their outfit selections, especially Glow night (AWOL theme), pimp/ho and schoolboy/girl nights.

Finally, a big shout out to all the AWOLers!! You can't find a better group of people to have as friends! We've met so many new friends from our own back yard in FL, and across the U.S., from the U.K and South America. Congrats goes out to C/L for their vow renewal. I was honored to be picked to video the ceremony. To all the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles, Ravens, Chargers and LSU fans, GO BUCS and GATORS! Once again, a big thanks goes to our hosts R/I and N/K for their preparations throughout the year to make AWOL the sequel one of the best vacations ever!

Oh, and thanks for the early 6 a.m. send off as we were leaving the resort! Very memorable!

Thank you,

Brent and Kathy

Hey Brent/Kathy,

Great report, it was nice to have you guys with us this year and it was even better to see your smiling faces rather than the one we witnessed on your departure last year...is it August 2010 yet?

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Banned
    Great report, and nice time meeting you both....Hopefully we will see you both there again for AWOL the 3rd. They say 3rd times the charm. I do not know if it can get any better after the last 2 years, but we can sure as heck try.

Hi Brent and Kathy, another great trip report from the AWOL family. It was great meeting you both, hope to see you next year!!

Great report, next time do be so bull headed and get sick, it tends to spoil your fun. Thanks for showing up at the talent show. Me and G wanted to put on a great show for the AWOL group and show the resort we can come up with some wild stuff. It was fun doing the show and we both appreciate the support.
    Always a Hedo 1st Time
    Never a Hedo Last time

Brian N Regina

4th Trip 7/31/10 to 8/07/10

www.awolinhedo.com

Thanks for the report guys! Brent because of you when I got home I was over it and have joined the local parrothead club- thanks for singing with me!
    Nick (and the dishy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Great report guys, glad you had such a great time.
    Paul + kitten....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hey Brent/Kathy, Great Report! It was so great meeting you. You are a fantastic couple.. so much fun, so many smiles!

And, what Brian said.. yes, thank you for your support at the talent show! It was fun hanging out w/ you guys. I hope to see you before "AWOL 2010, the party continues".. we live close enough, we should find a way to get together!

Cheers,
    G
    www.awolinhedo.com

Trip #5, 7/29 to 8/7, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    Thanks for the report guys! Brent because of you when I got home I was over it and have joined the local parrothead club- thanks for singing with me!
    Nick (and the dishy Kitty)tm
    Way to go! I just found out there's a new Parrot Head club right in my area much closer to the one I was in. Hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by HOTINHOTLANTA View Post
    Hey Brent/Kathy, Great Report! It was so great meeting you. You are a fantastic couple.. so much fun, so many smiles!

And, what Brian said.. yes, thank you for your support at the talent show! It was fun hanging out w/ you guys. I hope to see you before "AWOL 2010, the party continues".. we live close enough, we should find a way to get together!

Cheers,
    G
    How could we not support the two of you?! Y'all were awesome! Can't wait 'till next year's talent show. Yeah, we'll have to figure something out to meet up before next year. Not that long of a drive.