Thread: August 6 through August 11 Trip

August 6 through August 11 Trip

My wife and I thought it might be nice to spend our 30th anniversary at Hedo II this year with 2 other couples who had never been there. We spent the last few months talking up the trip and getting excited with each passing day. We arrived there on Thursday August 6. The airport and bus trip were ok. The resort is really run down compared to Hedo III. Our room on the prude side was ok. The bed was nice. First day was uneventfull.

On Friday we noticed that none of the posted activities were being held and none of the EC's were out. Security around the nude pool were constantly harrassing couples who appeared to be doing anything. When a storm came up we got dressed to go eat. Prior to leaving the nude side I went to the restroom and returned to find security telling my wife and another couple that if they were going to stay there they must remove their clothes. I thought he was joking since we had been there all morning. When he wouldn't leave we all got pissed and went to the front desk. We were not the only couples to go there that day.

At lunch we noticed the steady influx of locals into the resort. We were told it was a holiday weekend for the Jamaicans and it became obvious to us that the resort was going to cater to them this weekend. Other couples were told that security was not going to allow any sexual activity in public areas.

We have been to several places in the Carribbean and are aware that the food at some resorts leaves alot to be desired. Hedo II is by far the worst. Breakfast was the only time to get something at the buffet. The Japanese and Itilian places were ok if you can get in. Thursday we couldnt get reservations, Saturday they were closed for the holiday and Sunday they lost our reservations to Pastafari. They made no atempt to accomidate our group, basically said tough. We went to the manager who just said sorry. No customer service here for sure!

Saturday night at the pool and hot tub found several single males who would run to any female left by their spouse and make unwanted advances. One couple with us had to get up in one guys face and set him straight. We never had any of this at Hedo III. There was also several locals hanging around the bar fully clothed and gawking. Why were they not asked to leave.

Sunday was more of the same. On Monday, our last full day there the locals left and the entertainment coordinators finally started conducting activities. A little late for us. We had our fill of H II and will not return.

I have never written a negative review, never felt the need. I read some on yahoo and other sites that were negative about H II and thought they were just not use to traveling in the Carribbean. We have made over a dozen trips to different resorts and this is by far the very worst!!!

Now I got really sad...

Cool RE: August 6 through August 11 Trip

Redacted
    Last edited by EastWest; 06-22-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    Cheers,

D & L

July 2009: Hedonism III
    July 2011: Hedonism II

http://69eastwest69.tumblr.com

This is bad news for us who are going to Hedo II in feb...

I'd LOVE to see someone follow up on this...as in add a trip another trip report. From what I've read, this is either a shift in policy, or a one-time fluke. Here's hoping that it's a one time, once a year fluke and NOT a shift in policy...which would spell disaster for H2.

We have been to both resorts, Hedo 3 nine times and Hedo 2 twice. Though we prefer Hedo 3 over Hedo 2, our experiences at Hedo 2 were nothing like this. We were at Hedo 3 during the Jamaican holiday and have been at Hedo 3 for many years during the Jamaican holiday, with the influx of locals they do tend to be a bit more strict regarding the public displays of affection (PDA). Regarding the locals and non nudity, I agree, it should apply to everyone. We have never been harassed by single guys and are sorry that you had that experience.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lerik View Post
    This is bad news for us who are going to Hedo II in feb...
    Don't worry, this is the exception rather than the rule of what happens at Hedo.

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kws1949 View Post
    I'd LOVE to see someone follow up on this...as in add a trip another trip report. From what I've read, this is either a shift in policy, or a one-time fluke. Here's hoping that it's a one time, once a year fluke and NOT a shift in policy...which would spell disaster for H2.
    I saw the same threads, I would lean more towards the later...the one-time fluke. The GM at Hedo 2, was once the GM at Hedo 3, during the local holidays, it did from time to time get a bit stricter in regards to what you could get away with, but as the holiday passed, things returned to normal.

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

been to h11 3 times running 2yrs in jan this yr in april never had a problem.
    pdas were everywhere even on prude side.this yr seemed best with new manager

Hey all, way back in 07 we went to HII for the Jamaican holiday, was not nearly as much fun as normal. Lots of locals there. We did not encounter too many problems, the ec's were not at their usual pace, we did not have too much problem from the locals at the nude side, everyone seemed to get along fine, but as I said it was not nearly as much fun as usual, the ec's were more conservative than usual, Winston was not even there....As far as PDA's went didn't have anyone telling us no. This was the year after Richard left as GM and the intern gm was pretty much a non-show., we thought the difference was because Richard had left and there were a few major EC changes, but after reading all the post on this site and others I really feel that between the Jamaican holiday and the lawsuit was the major problem the first couple weeks of August. Please do not let one bad trip influence you on HII, it is a fun resort, a little older yes, but come back for the 4th of July 2010 and hang out with us all...
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010