Thread: G-Spot's AWOL, The Sequel Trip Report: 7/30-8/9

G-Spot's AWOL, The Sequel Trip Report: 7/30-8/9

Wow, what a trip! AWOL did it again! I did not think it was possible to top AWOL 08, but 09 The Sequel certainly was off the chain. Before I get into the dirty details, I want to give a special thank you to our incredibly hard-working hosts! Thanks guys.. you did an amazing job making this the best vacation ever for so many people. AWOL started out as a group of 96 fun-loving friends, but we grew in numbers while we were there with all our new adoptees! So, down to the nitty gritty.

The travel was smooth and easy! I took Delta this year since AJ does not fly out of ATL any longer. My good friend and travel companion, D and I met R, I and C at the airport as they were all flying through ATL early in the AM on 7/30, and the fun began! The flight was easy and ON TIME!! We arrived in Mo Bay, and got through immigration and customs very quickly! We opted to share a cab this year instead of taking the bus. This was a great idea! We made one quick stop for drinks and the potty, but other than that we flew right through to Hedo.. very quick ride! When we arrived in the lobby, there was a great reception of some of our friends who were already there.. then the party really started!!! Travel back.. same stuff (took a cab again.. so the way to go).

I like to head to H3 a couple days before AWOL week starts to hang out with my good friends from Cocktails. It was great to see everyone.. seemed like a great group this year! I had a great time hanging with everyone again! The week started by witnessing two wonderful friends’ renew their vows, D and T.. it was beautiful! You looked great, and I am glad you got to finally have your ‘real wedding’. Love you!

The next 10 days went by so quickly. I am not going to even try to do a chronological, day by day description. Between the alcohol and the adrenaline, everything kind of runs together! Saturday, 8/1, the majority of our AWOL family was arriving. Several of us put together and carried over the gift bags, etc and we positioned ourselves in the lobby for the rest of the day meeting, greeting, retrieving drinks, etc. for all our great AWOL members. I just love seeing everyone’s faces when they step off that bus into the lobby.. priceless. It was a loud, hot, fun day… the AWOL craziness continued for the next week!

Let’s see.. drinking and partying all day in the pool (lots more time in the quad this year.. it was kind of weird at first, but turned out very nice), eating nice dinners and partying in the piano bar, disco and nude pool ALL NIGHT. That pretty much describes the week’s activities. John at the nude grill really should be commended on his culinary talents.. the jerk chicken nachos made with homemade fried tortilla chips ROCKED! He takes full pride in every dish he prepares, and it shows! Serena at the nude pool is still my very favorite bartender!

I was excited to win the pimp and ho contest with my lovely ho LOUISE (I was the Pimp). We dressed Louise (a lovely man) in full drag including 4 inch heels and fishnets. SHE won the contest, I am sure, but it was very fun being HER pimp. We had AWOL cheering us on the whole time! Thanks, team! I also got ‘married’ at the Thur talent show to B. B and I prepared our ‘first wedding dance skit’ for a few months, and it went off perfectly, if I do say so myself. We had soooo much fun performing it, and really hope we entertained everyone. I think we did based on the overwhelming response. So much fun! It was also very nice to witness C and L’s vow renewal on Tuesday (this was a real wedding..lol). R sang “The Rose” beautifully and the ceremony was lovely!

Food, service, etc. was all positive. Everything I ate seemed to be good, if not great. I didn’t mind waiting for my omelet the few days I made it to breakfast because they are so good (French toast is awesome, too). Dinner was every night at Pastafari or Muasans, and every meal was quite delicious. I also spent more nights at the mid night buffet.. these trips are a little fuzzy, but the food always seemed good. Again, John’s nachos at the nude pool… probably my fave dish! Service was awesome.. shout out to Serena, John, Johnny (Piano Man) and Ione! Miss you all! Your service (along with the other service professionals) was always excellent.

Now, to the most important part: the people. The people, the people, the people!!! AWOL is a very special group. It is really difficult to describe this amazing extended family in mere words. There is just a miraculous feeling that comes with AWOL (yes, it sounds corny, but it is true). Everyone had everyone’s back, and is always there for a hug, to share a meal, drinks and conversation. AWOL is the essence of what I think Hedo is all about! There is a spirit with us that transcends the party. I love you guys! It was also wonderful to travel with my great friend, D and introduce her to the world of Hedo and AWOL! I truly enjoyed partying with my Cocktails friends and spending time with new friends (many of whom we adopted). It was great to meet all of you, and I hope to see you next year with “AWOL 2010, The Party Continues”! Some of us stayed after most of our AWOL family left on Saturday, and the energy at the resort dropped immensely after they departed. It was like a totally different place!

Thanks again to our incredible hosts, I/R/K/N! You guys really outdid yourself for this one! I hope I got that across in my little speech at our group dinner on Friday. Without you guys, there is no AWOL. THANK YOU THANK YOU! Until AWOL 2010, The Party Continues………. (and some of you in NOLA in March!). AWOL AWOL AWOL AWOL AWOL!!!!!

Love, G/G-Spot
    Now for the to continue!
    Last edited by HOTINHOTLANTA; 08-18-2009 at 08:09 PM.
    www.awolinhedo.com

Trip #5, 7/29 to 8/7, 2010

Great report G, thanks for sharing the flight and the ride over to Hedo. D was a hoot, a pleasure poppin another Hedo cherry....

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Thanks for the report G- enjoying our trip with people like you and your willingness to jump in, party, and go big is what hedo is about for us.
    Remember- "if it's worth doin', it's worth overdoin'"!
    Nick (and the cohostess hottie Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Awesome trip report. Thank you for taking the time to write it

Quote Originally Posted by HOTINHOTLANTA View Post
    Wow, what a trip! AWOL did it again! I did not think it was possible to top AWOL 08, but 09 The Sequel certainly was off the chain. Before I get into the dirty details, I want to give a special thank you to our incredibly hard-working hosts! Thanks guys.. you did an amazing job making this the best vacation ever for so many people. AWOL started out as a group of 96 fun-loving friends, but we grew in numbers while we were there with all our new adoptees! So, down to the nitty gritty.

The travel was smooth and easy! I took Delta this year since AJ does not fly out of ATL any longer. My good friend and travel companion, D and I met R, I and C at the airport as they were all flying through ATL early in the AM on 7/30, and the fun began! The flight was easy and ON TIME!! We arrived in Mo Bay, and got through immigration and customs very quickly! We opted to share a cab this year instead of taking the bus. This was a great idea! We made one quick stop for drinks and the potty, but other than that we flew right through to Hedo.. very quick ride! When we arrived in the lobby, there was a great reception of some of our friends who were already there.. then the party really started!!! Travel back.. same stuff (took a cab again.. so the way to go).

I like to head to H3 a couple days before AWOL week starts to hang out with my good friends from Cocktails. It was great to see everyone.. seemed like a great group this year! I had a great time hanging with everyone again! The week started by witnessing two wonderful friends’ renew their vows, D and T.. it was beautiful! You looked great, and I am glad you got to finally have your ‘real wedding’. Love you!

The next 10 days went by so quickly. I am not going to even try to do a chronological, day by day description. Between the alcohol and the adrenaline, everything kind of runs together! Saturday, 8/1, the majority of our AWOL family was arriving. Several of us put together and carried over the gift bags, etc and we positioned ourselves in the lobby for the rest of the day meeting, greeting, retrieving drinks, etc. for all our great AWOL members. I just love seeing everyone’s faces when they step off that bus into the lobby.. priceless. It was a loud, hot, fun day… the AWOL craziness continued for the next week!

Let’s see.. drinking and partying all day in the pool (lots more time in the quad this year.. it was kind of weird at first, but turned out very nice), eating nice dinners and partying in the piano bar, disco and nude pool ALL NIGHT. That pretty much describes the week’s activities. John at the nude grill really should be commended on his culinary talents.. the jerk chicken nachos made with homemade fried tortilla chips ROCKED! He takes full pride in every dish he prepares, and it shows! Serena at the nude pool is still my very favorite bartender!

I was excited to win the pimp and ho contest with my lovely ho LOUISE (I was the Pimp). We dressed Louise (a lovely man) in full drag including 4 inch heels and fishnets. SHE won the contest, I am sure, but it was very fun being HER pimp. We had AWOL cheering us on the whole time! Thanks, team! I also got ‘married’ at the Thur talent show to B. B and I prepared our ‘first wedding dance skit’ for a few months, and it went off perfectly, if I do say so myself. We had soooo much fun performing it, and really hope we entertained everyone. I think we did based on the overwhelming response. So much fun! It was also very nice to witness C and L’s vow renewal on Tuesday (this was a real wedding..lol). R sang “The Rose” beautifully and the ceremony was lovely!

Food, service, etc. was all positive. Everything I ate seemed to be good, if not great. I didn’t mind waiting for my omelet the few days I made it to breakfast because they are so good (French toast is awesome, too). Dinner was every night at Pastafari or Muasans, and every meal was quite delicious. I also spent more nights at the mid night buffet.. these trips are a little fuzzy, but the food always seemed good. Again, John’s nachos at the nude pool… probably my fave dish! Service was awesome.. shout out to Serena, John, Johnny (Piano Man) and Ione! Miss you all! Your service (along with the other service professionals) was always excellent.

Now, to the most important part: the people. The people, the people, the people!!! AWOL is a very special group. It is really difficult to describe this amazing extended family in mere words. There is just a miraculous feeling that comes with AWOL (yes, it sounds corny, but it is true). Everyone had everyone’s back, and is always there for a hug, to share a meal, drinks and conversation. AWOL is the essence of what I think Hedo is all about! There is a spirit with us that transcends the party. I love you guys! It was also wonderful to travel with my great friend, D and introduce her to the world of Hedo and AWOL! I truly enjoyed partying with my Cocktails friends and spending time with new friends (many of whom we adopted). It was great to meet all of you, and I hope to see you next year with “AWOL 2010, The Party Continues”! Some of us stayed after most of our AWOL family left on Saturday, and the energy at the resort dropped immensely after they departed. It was like a totally different place!

Thanks again to our incredible hosts, I/R/K/N! You guys really outdid yourself for this one! I hope I got that across in my little speech at our group dinner on Friday. Without you guys, there is no AWOL. THANK YOU THANK YOU! Until AWOL 2010, The Party Continues………. (and some of you in NOLA in March!). AWOL AWOL AWOL AWOL AWOL!!!!!

Love, G/G-Spot
    Now for the to continue!
    Awesome detailed report G~ What I didn't mention in my report you filled in...ditto! Cool folks, good fun, and onto next Summer's hedo adventure...muuuaaah... and lloking forward to experiencing great new naughtiness and sharing great stories!

Great report G!!! Looking forward to seeing you again. We still talk about your "Wedding",lol.

kisses,
    Erica and Phil