Thread: Elle and Rob’s Cocktails International, July 24 - Aug 2 2009, Hedo 3 Trip Report

Blog Entries

Elle and Rob’s Cocktails International, July 24 - Aug 2 2009, Hedo 3 Trip Report

Elle and Rob’s Cocktails International, July 24 - Aug 2 2009, Hedo 3 Trip Report

I’ll start with the short version for those of you who don’t want to read the whole thing.
    Best trip EVER.
    Cocktails International members rocked the resort.
    Food was good.
    There is a pole in the disco.
    Pool/hot tub temp was great.
    Staff are all doing a great job.
    Already getting ready for a wicked awesome Cocktails International 10th anniversary trip next year.

OK, Abridged version out of the way, now I can ramble on. Go get a cup of coffee, this is going to take a while.
    This was our sixth trip to Hedo – fourth with Cocktails International. I always say that each trip is better than the last – and in some way it always is. This years trip was our best trip in almost every way.

Travel:
    We had a 9:30 am flight and were not scheduled to land until 8:30 pm with several long layovers. While that may sound like it sucks, but we had a good travel day. There were lengthy plane delays but we were able to sit back and say no problem, mon. We were scheduled to have a 6 hr layover in Miami and we despise the Miami airport so getting stuck for 2 extra hours in Chicago was a blessing. It may have been a long day – but it was very laid back and we did not have to get up at 2 am to get to our flight like we have had to do in the past. Just getting to hang out all day with my lovely wife was a pleasure in and of itself.

We got to MoBay at about 9:30pm, Immigration and customs was a breeze. This getting in late stuff ain’t so bad. We shared a van with one guy going to Starfish (poor bastard). He told the driver he would tip him well if he got us there fast. Fast it was … even with the stop at Starfish we were at the resort in 50 minutes. I could have gone for a beer stop though.

We got to the resort and had my first drink – Pina Colada with a rum floater in honor of Rick as is my new tradition. Check-in was fast and we were off to our Quad pool front room. We hate having a room on the quad, but I was so glad to be there that I did not care.

The occupancy was very good this week. Between 50-70% depending on the day. I like this level of occupancy because it is not so busy that you can’t get food/drink but there was always a great party going on.

I will try to do a day by day recount of the week. I may have mixed up which days things really happened though.

Friday:
    Arrive at resort about 11:30pm. Before we even check in Dan and P show up and greet us. It is great to see old friends. We drop our stuff at the room and take two suitcases of gift bag stuff over to Dan and JuJu’s room to stuff goodie bags. Tired and ready for “Bed” we retired to our room about 1:30am – big day tomorrow. We did not even make it to the pool on our first day … wrong – just wrong.

Saturday:
    I wake up at 7:30 am next to a woman bounding with energy … part of me thinks this is cool because my wife could not possibly have that kind of energy this early at Hedo. So this means that I woke up at Hedo with some other hot chick in my bed. The other part of me is pissed off that this hot chick is waking me up … I decide to be happy about the situation.

We go workout – yeah – you read that right. Then off to the buffet for breakfast. Showered and off to the lobby to greet our Cocktailian brethren. I have been looking forward to this all year. It is great to see friends again and feel like you just saw them last week. It is also great to finally meet people in person who you have been chatting online with for months. After 7 hours of hugs, welcomes, and more hugs we are DYING to get to the pool. We have been at Hedo for 18 hours and have not been naked yet. Out of fear of getting banished to the prude side we finally make our way to the pool. We have about 30 minutes at the pool before it is time to go get ready for our meet and greet.

The meet and great was a great success. Much meeting and much greeting. I give a quick overview of the coming week, and the fantasy book pages are filled out. Off to take a quick nap and then get ready for dinner. We had dinner reservations at Pastafari with DTM/Juju and G/V. In past trips, Elle has been unimpressed with the food at Pastafari but she enjoyed her meal. When it comes to food, I am easily pleased so I obviously enjoyed my meal. Great conversation that flowed from sex to religion to group business. How often do you openly discuss religion with a woman wearing a dress that is low cut all the way to her navel. Did I mention? Elle’s new dress was HOTTT!

This was our first real night to enjoy Hedo this trip so we did our traditional Piano Bar / Disco routine. In the piano bar M and I did the best rendition of the Pussy Cat song ever sung by two men in the piano bar. The Disco was hopping. It had been a while since Elle and I have been out dancing back home so we stayed there dancing long after everyone else we knew left. There is now a temporary pole in the disco on a small platform near the cage. Elle LOVES to pole dance and I love to watch. There was not a single night this trip where she did not dance at least a few times on that pole … thank you Hedo 3.

We finally tired out and went to the nude pool. We laughed so hard and long that night that we are still talking about it. I don’t remember what we were laughing about – but it was friggin’ hilarious. We then had a great midnight buffet with the “Best Damn Burger I ever had” and then back to the pool. I can’t recall when we went to bed, just that the sun was coming up. It was a GREAT night and we laughed harder than we had laughed for the whole year leading up to the trip.

Sunday:

I wake up next to this hot energetic blond who I don’t recognize again this morning. This time I find a way to use up her energy and get her to relax so I’m starting to think this is not so bad

Today was our quad takeover day. Cocktails International members converged on the quad and had a great afternoon.

We are nappers. We usually need to get our nap in to party all through the night. It is also a great time to sneak away for some mid-day private time. We tried to nap late this afternoon but were cursed by being in a pool front quad room. It was tough with the huge speaker right outside our back door, and this huge group of people partying it up in the quad disturbing our nap. Why don’t these Cocktailians ever stop partying? Who’s idea was it to have a Quad takeover? Oh yeah – we did not know at the time we were going to be in the quad. The funny thing is we did not even notice it for the first half hour of our “nap” until we tried to sleep We had no choice but to just say screw it and go back out to join them once we decide we would not be sleeping.

Monday:
    This is a day that will live forever in my memory. The day we missed the midnight buffet and had to eat the cheese sandwich plate from behind the front desk. I beg of you all … for your own sake … never miss the midnight buffet.

We were having such a great time at the nude pool talking to J&J that we did not pull ourselves away in time. Our friends warned us … they pleaded with us … but we did not heed their advice. We will never again ignore you my dear friends.

We are not big on the Pimp and Ho theme. Elle had an awesome striped outfit that everyone seemed to love – but I spent the whole night telling people – just wait till Wednesday. She did win us a bottle of rum in the disco that night – the dance off was a joy to watch.

Tuesday:
    Today was our big Cocktails game. This year we brought back the scavenger hunt and it was a big hit. Everyone who participated seemed to have great time – and everyone else got to have a great time watching and drinking. T&T ended up winning it in the end through raw determination and stamina. They were hauling ass all over the resort and really nailed the items – not to mention that T made us laugh every time he came by. I did not expect people to be able to finish the list but most people got very close. T&BG get special recognition for some great items and introducing us to the “Crazy Bitch,” that was a good drink.

Tonight was PJ night and Cocktails International Glow night. We love our annual glow night. It is fun to get a bunch of people together in our room and dump a ton of glow sticks on the bed and see what people come up with. Then there is the glow parade to the Piano bar where we meet up with all the other glowing Cocktailians. We lit up the Piano bar so much they turned out the lights and ran the place off our glow. The Disco looked like a psychedelic light show as we danced and spun around. By the end of the night everyone on the resort was glowing. Off to the nude pool where even more glow came out – time for the annual Christmas in July glow tree decorating.

Wednesday:
    Today was L&R’s vow renewal ceremony. It was a great ceremony and we were honored to be asked to participate. I am not big on ceremonies – but I do distinctly remember how beautiful and radiant L looked, and that the cake was really good … what can I say – I am who I am.

Our Naughty gift exchange was Wednesday and went very well. There were some great gifts exchanged, some shocking steals, a demonstration, and many laughs. We even walked away with some good gifts this year

Fetish night was Elle’s big costume unveiling. Our great friend V gave her a bra, if you can call it that, that was nothing but a little leather and 3 chains. She built an entire fetish costume around that bra. When I close my eyes to this day I see her in her fetish night outfit. Mmmmmmmm

We had been telling people about how a few years back we created a quad waterslide. Not to be outdone - this year’s Cocktails crew had to one-up the old effort. You may have noticed that the yellow floaties are slippery when wet. If you lay out a bunch of them from the hot tub to the pool in the quad and keep them wet they make for a great waterslide which launches you into the pool. When we did this in the past there were only about ten of us involved. This year it turned into a huge group effort. With 30 Cocktailians participating we created the best quad waterslide ever. This year’s slide was further enhanced with waterproof lube all over the floaties. T even stepped up as our self appointed safely coordinator and ensured no one was seriously injured. Not that I can imagine that 30 drunk naked people diving from the edge of the hot tub onto wet lubed up floaties could ever result in any injuries. It seemed like a great idea at the time – and it was! The next day I tried to get on a floatie in the quad and shot right off of it because it was still lubed up … I laughed for 5 minutes.

About 4am we remembered that we had been looking for B&E to tell them they needed to be in the dining room at 9am to give their Jello shot stuff to the staff. J - of J and J, as I like to call him, assisted us by pounding on their door. After all – it was 4am – surely they would still be up. All I can say is that it is a great thing that B&E are such great people. There are not many people who would still be so friendly and happy after being woken up at 4am by a bunch of drunks and told they had to be somewhere at 9 am.

Thursday:
    We were up pretty late the night before but had to get up early to meet with Lance Parrish. Lance had been out the earlier part of the week and now that he was back we got to sit down and talk for a while. Mr. Parrish is a huge asset to the resort. The staff seems so happy with him there and he is making many great improvements. During our meeting he informed us of many of the upcoming improvements and noted all of our suggestions for further ways to improve the resort we all love. The improvement we were happiest to hear about was the pole on the bar in the disco is coming back – with a larger platform base to make it safer. The furniture in all the rooms is to be re-upholstered to remove any mold issues. The rest of the A/C units will be replaced. Many other miscellaneous pool and hot tub repairs are also slated for the coming months. The future is looking very bright for the resort with Mr. Parrish at the helm.

After our meeting we were finally off to the pool. We made a stop in the quad to find the fantasy book – I put a big star on the front of mine and stars on the back of some other cards.

Today was T&D’s vow renewal. Elle helped T get ready and she looked great! Another great ceremony, and another great cake!

For some bizarre reason the resort was dead tonight. Piano bar, Disco, it’s like everyone disappeared. Turns out everyone was just so wiped out from the week’s partying they laid low to get ready for Friday. Tonight was the night for our Foam party. Many of the members of Cocktails International donated the funds to rent a foam machine for the disco. It was originally supposed to be Wednesday night but the foam got held up in customs. As is typical with this sort of thing in Jamaica – nothing quite goes as planned. The foam machine was not working properly and they spent 10 minutes trying to get it to work. Once it finally started “working” it was basically just drooling foam out as opposed to blowing it out. We made the best of it and had a great time. In the end we had foamy slippery people all over the disco – it was a great time. After a hop in the hot tub to rinse off we were off to find a secluded spot to defile the prude beach. We ended up in one of the boats anchored out in the water. Eventually we decided to rest in the boat and next thing we know I wake up to someone saying “Ya can’t sleep out here mon” Apparently we fell asleep … I wonder how he long he waited to decide he should come wake us up. We missed the midnight buffet that night because it was now after 4am. Totally worth it. We starred the back of someone else’s fantasy card the next day . Again, we missed the midnight buffet, but this time did NOT do the cheese sandwiches … see Monday night horror story.

Friday:
    This was our last official Cocktails International night. We had our group dinner out on the patio with several awards handed out. This is where we recognize all of our members who have done something outstanding this year. “Outstanding” can be interpreted many ways at Hedo so it is always fun to come up with the award recipients. This was also a passing of the torch ceremony of sorts. Our beloved Dan and Juju are stepping down as host and we are taking over for next year. We will miss them greatly and it was VERY hard to say good bye. We know that we will see them again, but they will be missed. It was a very warm evening and a lot of people’s eye’s were sweating by the time we finished. This is also where we got to announce a new beginning. Our new co-host for next year will be Graham and VA – we know that they will be a great addition to the hosting team.

Tonight was time for our Cocktails waterslide record run. Each trip we take a group of people and do one more run than the last year. This year the goal was 25. The act of doing the waterslide runs is not usually the hard part. The fact that halfway through you start sobering up and thinking about how everyone else is having so much fun over at the pool makes them a psychological challenge. This year was very different. We have always had a cheering section in the past. This year we had people cheering, aid stations, and a great crew of people joining in. T of T&BG was standing at the bottom with a pitcher of water giving us drinks as we got out of the pool. T of T&K was at the top bringing out WooWoo shots for us to slam outside the disco on the way by. This was by far the most fun waterslide record breaking night we have ever done. The only reason we stopped at 25 this time was because we knew that how ever many we do we are committed to more next year.

By the time we made it to the pool all those WooWoo’s were kicking in. We were a little bit inebriated. I distinctly remember getting to point out to G-Spot that we were drunker than her. This was definitely a first! Shortly thereafter our good friends who were now watching out for us every night to make sure that we did not miss the midnight buffet pointed out that it was time to go. I ended up carrying Elle from the nude pool to the buffet so she would not fall on the way. Then back to the pool – another great night!

Saturday:
    Sad day today. We said goodbye to many of our good friends old and new. The only thing keeping us from deep depression is that nearly all of them will be back next year. Lots of goodbye hugs, some goodbye “salutes”, and some more eye sweating later, almost everyone was gone.

There were a handful of our Cocktails friends that stayed over one extra night with us, and our AWOL friends had showed up in force. It was great to have a day where there was nothing we HAD to do – just relax and enjoy ourselves. We finally managed to have a date night where we had dinner at Pastafari by ourselves which was really pleasant. There was a problem for a short time where the speakers were acting up and the music was more of a buzzing. One of the new guests got irate with the staff about it. Just made me laugh – how could anyone be at Hedo and have an attitude like that about something like a buzzing speaker? Felt sorry for the staff who had been serving us so well all week to be treated that way by a guest. The rest of the evening it was just plain depressing though. We missed so many of our good friends, and the resort just lacked the feel that we had grown accustomed to. We had a 7am Sunday morning flight so we had to be on the “bus” at 3 am. While that sounds like it sucks – it is actually quite nice. We get to party one last night, eat at the midnight buffet, then sleep on the way to airport. Our ride to the airport this time was just us in a Toyota car – very comfortable and we slept all the way to the airport. We got home after a few delays and when we got home and noticed that Elle still had glitter on her from G-spot in the disco. It made us smile that we brought a little of the trip back with us.

General Observations:
    The food was great. I thought Munasan was as good as always but Elle was a little less impressed this trip. Pastafari food was very good, but the A/C was broken half the week. The buffet was better this year than last. Very good variety and fresh options. We did the Pizza bar for the first time and were very impressed by the pizza. The Midnight buffet was also improved – there were more options and there was usually still food left right up until the end. Omelets were awesome as usually and there is now a fresh fruit smoothy station in the morning. There was only one time where they ran out of Coco Bread at Scotch Bonnet.

Drinks were plentiful and they rarely ran out of VX. There was a surprisingly good supply of Sambuca too. The bars had no banana’s most of the week for dirty banana’s, but there were banana’s on the buffet so we would just grab them there and bring them to the bar with us.

We played very little volleyball this year again. We played a couple times in the quad, but every time we saw a game in the nude pool a few guys would come over and join the game and make it very competitive. To me, Hedo volleyball should not even involve keeping score, let alone playing a hardcore game – especially in the nude pool where they would slam the ball and people at the bar would get beamed in the head. Every aspect of my real life is competitive, at Hedo I want to watch the women jump up and down so lets just keep the volley going!

We drank more this trip than I think we have any other trip. We also stayed up later, on average, than any other trip even with little or no napping. We were always having such a great time that we seemed to be able to just keep the party going non-stop.

We planned several times to go snorkeling, but the water was very rough all week so it was red flagged almost every day. We never seemed to have time for it anyway.

The only major problem at the resort was A/C related. There seemed to be more A/C problems this year than we have ever seen. A lot of people had to move rooms due to faulty A/C units.

We have talked about doing a vow renewal next year since it is our 15th anniversary. Since I don’t care for ceremonies we talked about skipping it – but after trying those two cakes we may have to rethink it. You just don’t get that kind of cake at H3 any other way.

I was going to skip the individual shout-outs – but could not resist…

Juju&Dan –We love you guys and we will miss you dearly. It was you guys who made this group part of our lives 4 trips ago. I can’t begin to convey how much our lives have improved because of being in the Cocktails family. We always talk about how much the resort has changed us – but it is not just the resort – it is the people. Thank you for showing us the ropes and trusting us with the future of this group.

VA&Graham – Remember: the reward for good work – is more work. You guys already help out so much and are always doing whatever you can to make everyone’s trip better. There is no doubt in our minds that you will be the best co-Hosts ever … since us anyway

T&N – T, ummm – Thanks . N, You never cease to surprise us. I have never heard the piano played anywhere remotely as cool as that – friggin’ awesome. I have also never seen you as happy as you were when we tried the Pastafari pizza – sometimes it is the little things.

L&R – Thanks for letting us be a part of your vow renewal, and thanks for being such great mini-co-hosts. I am counting on you guys to help us through the next year of DIF again.

T&T – I still don’t know how after two trips at the same time we never ran into each other. You guys were a blast to hang out with. T we are so glad you “liked it” . T - it sucks that you had a bad few days at the end, but we could tell that you packed a full week’s worth of fun into that first 3 days.

T&BG – It was great to get to know you guys. Such great personalities and we loved hearing all the stories about your’s and T&T’s adventures.

T&K – So glad you were able to make it back with us again this year. I think we got to hang out more this trip than any of the past and we are very glad – you two were so much fun.

T&D – Congratulations – so glad we were able to attend your vow renewal. T, you looked beautiful. D, thanks for everything you do – the mountain of glow was awesome this year.

C&P – I have never seen you guys without a smile. It’s contagious – thanks for making everyone’s trip a little bit better.

T&F – As always Mr. Happy makes us smile.

J&J – J of J&J, you were a blast – always keeping us laughing. J, We love the Tat, and Elle says you are a great kisser

C&E – Now you know … this place changes you more than anyone could describe. There is no other vacation where you meet people that it is so hard to say goodbye to. I know that we will see you guys next year! Remember – by hook or by crook.

J&D – You guys remind us so much of ourselves on our first trip. Glad we got to sit and talk. Can’t wait to see how your second trip goes

M&M – M, You make a great Rookie of the Year. You truly did help make everyone’s trip just a little bit better. I was eager every night to see what new pasties you were going to have on. M, Two words – Captain Morgan!

N&J – N, seeing your joy and excitement as a newbie brings us all back to our first time and let us all feel that thrill of our virgin trip again – thank you. J, It was great to see you embrace the “I’m at Hedo and gonna let it all hang out” philosophy – and I swear I heard that sheep squeal like a pig.

E&B – Glad you were able to extend your trip. E, you are beautiful and one of the friendliest people I have ever met. B, you were so helpful even for only being with us for part of the week – and no one has ever been able to guess our age so well – impressive. Thanks for the jello shots, they were a perfect Friday afternoon treat. Next time we won’t wake you up at 4am unless it is for something much more fun.

A&J – We really enjoyed sitting in the quad hot tub and talking. You two are a great addition to the Cocktails family.

A&D – A, Elle just loved talking to you – the two of you have so much in common. D, good luck on your marathon this fall – we can compare training notes in the coming months.

A&S – Elle says she has never felt so much like old friends with someone that she just met. You guys are great.

T&H – I have seen a lot of people loose luggage on their way to Hedo, but never seen anyone handle it as well as you guys did. T – we were so glad that you set them puppies free.

S – Thanks for keeping Juju in alignment. If Juju ain’t happy – nobody is happy.

S – Thanks for taking all the pics – can’t wait to see them. I still can’t believe that we went to the same college and just now found that out. Just goes to show you what things we don’t talk about at Hedo. So sorry that you came back to bad news – good luck in the coming weeks/months.

I apologize for everyone I missed. We never seem to be able to spend as much time with people as we would like. The week is a little bit of a blur and it went by too fast. I can’t wait to go back next year to see everyone again. I spend 51 weeks out of the year thinking about all our great times together and looking forward to the next year’s trip. There is no group of people in the world that I can say know us better or make us feel more free to be ourselves than you guys. See you all next year for the 10th annual Cocktails International trip. Help us find a way to make it even better than this year was.

Rob and Elle
    Cocktails International
    www.cocktailsintl.com
    Last edited by hare2party; 08-14-2009 at 11:56 AM.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

OMY.....sounds like wonderful time. Thanx for sharing.

Thanks

Thanks guys! Brought back the memories as I am sitting home alone and E is on a double shift..... Your comment about the lubed floats cracked me up because we went to jump on them the next morning and slid right off too! Made for a great laugh. That was a great night!

Great report, guys! Since I barely remember you telling me that you were drunker than me (it is sort of coming back to me) on Fri, you must have been WASTED! LOL

I am also glad that you took a little of me home w/ you.

It sounds like you had a fantastic week (I sort of remember the part I was there.. LOL). Congrats to G/V as new hosts.. you will be great!

Love ya, and see you next year on 7/29!!

Cheers,
    G sucks, btw
    www.awolinhedo.com

Trip #5, 7/29 to 8/7, 2010

Great trip report!! We sure enjoyed getting to know you during 2008. What are your plans for H3 during 2010? You told us you might go twice that year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestguy672 View Post
    Great trip report!! We sure enjoyed getting to know you during 2008. What are your plans for H3 during 2010? You told us you might go twice that year.
    We thought we might make it in March of 2010 also but it turns out that is when we are going to take a trip with the kids. It looks like we are going to miss you guys again next year

www.cocktailsintl.com

Nice report Rob and many thanks for the Pina Colada/Rum floater tribute....especially since I didn't have one all week, seems you have taken me to the darkside....if it was not red stripe in my hand after you left, it was VX and diet....cheers to you and the lovely Elle my friend....

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    Nice report Rob and many thanks for the Pina Colada/Rum floater tribute....especially since I didn't have one all week, seems you have taken me to the darkside....if it was not red stripe in my hand after you left, it was VX and diet....cheers to you and the lovely Elle my friend....
    Good to know you have come around. The VX and diet is one of our main food groups at Hedo

www.cocktailsintl.com

Banned
    Great report....Remember what we told you and it remains true next year....he who wakes man in Hedo at 4am must stay up with the man. I will be pounding on your door all night and all morning!!!! Great meeting you both and great group...Look forward to seeing you again for the 1st few days of our trip and sending you off with a bang.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brad44nb View Post
    Great report....Remember what we told you and it remains true next year....he who wakes man in Hedo at 4am must stay up with the man. I will be pounding on your door all night and all morning!!!! Great meeting you both and great group...Look forward to seeing you again for the 1st few days of our trip and sending you off with a bang.
    We won't forget - next time we'll wake you up and head to the pool instead of running off.

We are really looking forward to hanging out with you guys again next year.

www.cocktailsintl.com