Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Da bus, mon

Quote Originally Posted by R&D View Post
    Someone mentioned the boring ride to the resort. Has that trip improved after the highway renovations? It's been since 2005 that we've been to H3, and it was under construction at the time. I've heard rumors that the trip time was cut significantly. In 2005, it took about 2.5 hours. Has it really been reduced?
    The road to Hedo III is complete, no construction delays, all good paved roads. The bus ride varied from 1:10 to 1:30 hours, depending on the stops along the way. The way the bus drivers drive, the ride is anything but boring.

ESPECIALLY if you've never been there:

Just RIDE THE FOOKIN' BUS. Thousands of people do. They don't die of old age on the trip.

Hey, if you've been 10+ times and are bored with your "commute", especially if you go multiple times per year, okay okay, you can be bored and make other arrangements.

There is not that much time to be saved taking a car service. They will take the same route. The bus will make a couple of stops at other resorts but they are right along the way. Personally, we liked a chance for a quick peak at some of the other properties.

We do know someone who has gone many times and they always have the same private driver take them. HOWEVER - it isn't to save time. It's to have a plusher ride, and they even stop for lunch. But at an upscale country club rather than the roadside bar the bus stops at.

We actually LIKE the bar stop. I know some people don't, and beg the driver not to stop. But in addition to taking a pee, we get a beer and a couple of beef patties (standard Jamaican fare).

So anyway, you don't have to like the stop if you don't want to, but for a first timer like those asking how is the bus ride (cuz if you had been there before, you'd know), just RIDE THE BUS. Then if you wanna do something different on your next trip, go ahead.
    Kinks think we're Swingers,
    Swingers think we're Kinks

glad to hear the trip is shorter. We enjoyed riding the bus, and will do it again. It's just that a 90 minute ride to paradise beats a 120 ride to paradise.

Meeting folks during the trip is indeed half the fun! The other half of the fun is seeing the expressions of those who watch you get off the bus at Hedo. It's either 1) envy, or 2) disgust. Both make me smile because I know what fun we'll have!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12