Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Women with bellies

Well, I apoligize for offending you, and you are right that we should be sensitive to the insecurities of thin women, as well. But, when you seek to make a point about my insensitivity (and you have a valid point), you probably shouldn't say stuff like "What planet are you from?" That is not a good way to make a valid, intellectual point or to make people see your side of things, at all. However, I am willing to be the bigger person, and say that I indeed was wrong to make such a statement, and it is not fair to those who are very thin, and may in fact have hurt someone's feelings. That was not my intention. However, this does seem to be a forum where people are open to express their opinions, and that seems to be what was happening here. My opinion is that people who are not so thin are hotter, and I am as entitled to that opinion as anyone else. You may not have read every thread, but someone else also stated that they prefer thin, and I stated that "variety is the spice of life," and did not bash him for stating his opinion. Maybe I need a bit of sensitivity training, but thank God I am not overly sensitive myself, so that other's opinions disturb me to such a degree. Also, the fact remains that the majority of women feel insecurities, since they are not the size 2 that mass media implies they should be, and the thread began with women posting bellies that were not perfectly flat, but were still beautiful. At no point was I picking on thin women to make myself feel better- my children may have ruined my flat belly, but as evidenced by my lack of issue posting pics, I feel just fine about myself- thanx. So, while I apoligize for hurting your feelings, I stand by my right to express my opinion. Have a good day, and really- take it easy.
    Last edited by bryandjackie; 08-05-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by arpimarie1 View Post
    While I understand that this thread was started to show how beautiful women are regardless of size, I think that using it to bash those of us that are thin is not cool. I think it is so rude that people say shit like " that girl needs a sandwich". I would never come up to a larger woman during a meal and tell her she needs to put down the cheeseburger. It is flat out rude, and no different than you calling someone anorexic. I find it very offensive that you would say " Who the hell wants to bag bones". What planet are you from? Why does it make you feel better to pick on thin women?
    Although "Bryandjackie" said it better than I could, I feel the need to add to this. Besides we are both being directly berated and belittled in that post. We are not one person, nor do we know one another or have ever spoke.... untill now. Hi Bryandjackie! thanks for your previous post. We can go to sensitivity training together, because I need it too.
    No one was bashing anyone in a mean spirited hatefull manner. I am sorry if I have offended you personally in any way. I am sorry if you took my post as a RUDE attack on thinner women. If you read the tenor of most of my posts, they are all in humor and (mostly) clean fun. Never rude, antagonising, or hurtfull.
    as for me calling anyone anorexic.... I was that girl who needed a sandwich! I have been very scarily thin, in my younger years I went the full spectrum of eating disorders myself. I was anorexic. It was the only way I found I could control the situation I was in. Then went full swing to binging and purging. "Fine you want me to eat, I will". I ate it all, and threw up continiously for 3 years. I seriously F*d up my health for the rest of my life. It took becoming pregnant for me to realize that what my body looked like didn't really matter. It wasn't about me anymore. I found self worth in who I am rather than what I looked like I was.

Call me whatever you want to. It doesn't make a difference to me. I am on this board, to meet the interesting characters here with like minded intrests in good spirits and fun before my trip to paradise. I have my opinion, and I will state that at anytime. I am extra fluffy in all the right places. thats just the way it is. you are thin. good for you. good for me.
    and to quote forrest~ "That's all I've got to say 'bout that".
    Last edited by Lusha; 08-05-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: aaah, giving an impassioned speech leads to impassioned gramatical errors

Bravo, Arpimarie1

Put me in the arpimarie1 camp.

One of the things I found stupid about this thread was the idea that a woman was either overweight and desirable or too thin and undesirable. What about all that porridge in the middle that is just right. There are awful lots of Halle Berrys, Jessica Beils, and Eva Mendes, between the extremes of this thread.

While I'll not going to analyze each post of this thread, the overall tone of this thread is definitely thin=bad.

bryandjackie,

First of all, arpimarie1 never challenged your right to do anything. She said she felt some of the comment on this thread were rude. She isn't trying to deprive anyone of their right to be rude, she's simply calling it out as rude. If I said I don't like how you look in your pictures, I've not trying to to strip you of your right to look the way you do or your right to take pictures.

Second, why do you need to apologize to someone you don't even know for your opinion? If it's your opinion based on the life you've lived, defend it.

Third, if you are going to apologize to someone at least have the basic decency to be sincere.

Lusha,

This implies that you believe someone else on this thread has eating an eating disorder, "I have been very thin, and in my younger years I went the full spectrum of eating disorders MYSELF." Don't assume that because a woman is thin, she has a disorder. I'm fat, but not because I have a disorder. I'm fat because I make bad decisions when it comes to diet and exercise. To call that a disorder is like saying riding a motorcycle without a helmet is a disorder. It's a bad decision, not a disorder.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Bravo, Arpimarie1

Put me in the arpimarie1 camp.

One of the things I found stupid about this thread was the idea that a woman was either overweight and desirable or too thin and undesirable. What about all that porridge in the middle that is just right. There are awful lots of Halle Berrys, Jessica Beils, and Eva Mendes, between the extremes of this thread.

While I'll not going to analyze each post of this thread, the overall tone of this thread is definitely thin=bad.

bryandjackie,

First of all, arpimarie1 never challenged your right to do anything. She said she felt some of the comment on this thread were rude. She isn't trying to deprive anyone of their right to be rude, she's simply calling it out as rude. If I said I don't like how you look in your pictures, I've not trying to to strip you of your right to look the way you do or your right to take pictures.

Second, why do you need to apologize to someone you don't even know for your opinion? If it's your opinion based on the life you've lived, defend it.

Third, if you are going to apologize to someone at least have the basic decency to be sincere.

Lusha,

This implies that you believe someone else on this thread has eating an eating disorder, "I have been very thin, and in my younger years I went the full spectrum of eating disorders MYSELF." Don't assume that because a woman is thin, she has a disorder. I'm fat, but not because I have a disorder. I'm fat because I make bad decisions when it comes to diet and exercise. To call that a disorder is like saying riding a motorcycle without a helmet is a disorder. It's a bad decision, not a disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by arpimarie1 View Post
    While I understand that this thread was started to show how beautiful women are regardless of size, I think that using it to bash those of us that are thin is not cool. I think it is so rude that people say shit like " that girl needs a sandwich". I would never come up to a larger woman during a meal and tell her she needs to put down the cheeseburger. It is flat out rude, and no different than you calling someone anorexic. I find it very offensive that you would say " Who the hell wants to bag bones". What planet are you from? Why does it make you feel better to pick on thin women?
    So, my question is, when you saw the women with bellies thread, did you open it to look around and feel better about yourself? And I haven't seen anyone on this thread, and if you check I've been on it since pg 1, openly bashing anyone. I have seen bryandjackie express a personal preference opinion, which I have done as well, and so have many others. A gentleman responded to me and said that he preferred thinner women, I didn't bash him for his opinion or challenge it in any way, because his opinion is just that, his, and he has as much right to it as I do mine, and you do yours, even if you were probably the rudest person on this thread so far. I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt, even if you are a close match to what cosmo, various men's magazines, the fashion industry, and mainstream media say a woman should look like, but until you can walk into a regular clothing store and not find something to wear, because nothing that is "cute" or "pretty" or "stylish" etc. etc. etc. fits; because nothing you can find will fit your boobs without making you look pregnant, (did you know, that as much as many guys like women with DD tits, you can't find a pretty bra for them? "Let's see, Curvations White, or Curvations Black which one today? Oh you want more options? Sorry we don't carry those in that size.") Now to the bottom half, the clothes won't fit your hips and ass without leaving a 3 inch gap in the waistband, because apparently if you have a well rounded hip/ass ratio you are supposed to be thick waisted. I don't truly feel sorry for you until you have experienced these. Sorry 'bout that too, guess all those sensitivity courses were a waste of time. I personally cannot find anything in a store, because my legs are too long and my waist is too small, even with my recent expansion, to ever find pants, they just don't make a 36 inch inseam unless you have a 50+ inch waist. Apparently as a guy I am supposed to be short and fat, and I miss the first requirement, and barely reach the second. I am 6'2, 230 pounds, and have been as small as 130 at this same height just 10 years ago.

Sorry you were offended, wait, no I'm not, I might just be offended that you were offended, when no one was being truly ugly about anything, merely stating personal preferences about sexual appeal, and sorry but I have the right to be attracted to whoever, and not attracted to whoever, and no one has the right to infringe my rights. As a great person once said, "Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins" Your rights are equal to mine, but neither supercedes the other. This is a hedo thread, and according to those ideals it's all irie.

Listen Everyone

I am the one who started this thread only to show some support for the women with bellies because my wife has one and I wanted to show her that it is ok and she can be proud of herself because I love her just the way she is. I personally think all women (small, big, short, tall, thin, etc..) are beautiful and I love them all. I think all of you are great. My question was answered a long time ago and please know that ALL OF YOU WOMEN OUT THERE ARE NEEDED regardless of your size and shape. You are all LOVED. Now, let's get to HEDO and have a great time together.

Well Moorerotic, aprimarie was actually the first to bring up the eating disorder, I believe lusha was merely responding to that part of the thread. You're right, everyone has their rights to their opinions, I personally think all women are beautiful, I am merely attracted more to the curvier women as far as sexual appeal. 'Nough said.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. I think all woman are beautiful but if of course I do prefer a thicker woman. This is also a personal choice. Have you ever heard of the expression "more cushion for the pushin'". LOL. As BryanJackie said, Variety is the spice of life. We have the right to choose. No one should have been offended on this thread. Please note that our media and everything around us tries to make us believe that only thin women are beautiful and that is not true. ALL OF YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL but people have preferences.

If ALL women are beautiful then you strip the word of it's meaning. The word beautiful is meant to define something as exceptional. If every woman is exceptional then no woman is exceptional.

I love women, that's why I hold them to a high standard. To hold women to no standard is not doing them a favor.

And if words have no meaning then what is the point of communicating.

I don't need anyone holding me to a 'standard'. I find the value in myself, I do not seek it in others *ideas* of what I should be or their *standard*

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." -- Khalil Gibran
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 08-05-2009 at 09:40 PM.
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    I don't need anyone holding me to a 'standard'. I find the value in myself, I do not seek it in others *ideas* of what I should be or their *standard*

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." -- Khalil Gibran
    Gibran. Sweet. A true sign of the enlightened.

You passed the standard, hundreds of posts ago by the way, but the Gibran sends you way over the top.

I apoligized for hurting someone's feelings. That was not my intention, as exidenced by all my other posts, and that part was sincere. However, the rest may very well have come across as sarcasm, because well... who the fuck cares!?!? Who gives a damn what I think, enough to get upset about it? That's just crazy. You don't even know me, and so how the hell do I have enough influence to hurt your feelings? Insecurity is a bitch- on a fat chic, on a skinny chic, on a guy, whatever. My opinion stands- I have a sister who wears a 00, and I'm way hotter than her. I have also been very thin, and I don't think that is how I looked my best.
    And, go Lusha- it takes a lot of strength and character to put yourself out there like that, and I'm damn proud of you for it. Many, many women have had an eating disorder of some sort, or have found themselves doing unhealthy things in order to be more stereotypically beautiful, but not many have the balls (for lack of a better word) to say so. And, like you- I am here to meet interesting people, who are like-minded, and from what I have experienced 99% of the time here- these are great people who DON'T let dumb shit like this get them all upset. Fuck it! Get a drink, laugh it off, get naked, and have some fun. Don't sit around bitching because you don't like what someone has to say.
    And moorerotic- most (sadly, not all) women ARE beautiful- in some way. Not all look like Barbie, or like Greek goddesses, or like anything attractive at all, but that does not mean that there is not beauty to be found- maybe you just have to look a little harder. And, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." What you or I may see as scary just may be someone's idea of perfection.
    Partynekkid- you know I love you guys! And, it is complete bs to have to deal with that crap, just to buy clothes- perfect solution: GO NAKED!!!!
    So, here's my suggestion: Let it go. We all have opinions (they're like assholes), and what makes this world great is the differences between us that keep things interesting. Let's all go get a drink now.

Try this one more time. Computer went down.

I used to be real thin and I definately had more men hitting on me than they did on my friend who was heavier. I am now one of the "fluffier" ones, lol. I look at pictures from "back when" and I looked seriously ill. I had a boss once say to me "by God, we either need to get you some Ivomec (for worms) or you have AIDS". Remember, I'm a Texan and I was working for a cattle feedlot at the time.

Would a man have become offended if a woman on the forums said that she preferred heavier men? Ummm, no, he wouldn't have. No one was slamming thin women, just stating a preference.

Thank you to the men who still think "fluffier" women are beautiful too. The beauty is within regardless.
    Sex is like crying; if you do it right, it ain't pretty

Talking

I for one can ASSURE you ~
    I will be too worried about what you must be thinking of me, to have time to Judge you !
    I have seen some model material at Hedo(male and female), and they were complete assholes that even the people lusting after them didn't talk to, and I have seen women AND men who were far from the society standard "perfect" and they were surrounded by people wanting to be in their company!

I hate Sushi, but my husband likes it~ Doesn't mean it tastes bad, it just means I haven't had the right Sushi yet~

9 Days and Dying from DIF
    Captain "Ooohhh Captain" Pam
    Flme31@Hotmail.com
    http://www.myspace.com/pamazon

CAPTAIN PAM AND PRINCE RICHARD THA RUTHLESS
    BareAss Buccaneers
    Clearwater Florida

Quote Originally Posted by pamnrich View Post
    I hate Sushi, but my husband likes it~ Doesn't mean it tastes bad, it just means I haven't had the right Sushi yet~

Well folks there you have it. Well said, and i'll drink to that.
    Hedo2 Nov. 2007
    Hedo 2 Nov. 2008
    WWV OCT 31 -NOV 7 2009
    Hedo 2 Oct 30-Nov. 6 2010

PLEASE TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast