Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temptation Cancun??

Temptation Cancun??

Hello everyone,

Can anybody give me some information on Temptation Resorts in Cancun?? We will be going back to Hedo 3 but not until March 2010 and were thinking of a quick trip to Temptations..Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Karen

We have been to Temptation several times but we are going to Hedo 3 for this first time very shortly.

Temptation is topless only at one pool. The poolside activities are fun if the crowd gets involved. Their "cast" has really changed a lot lately (Chinos was the life of the party then came T who was also good but both are gone now). The replacement staff is not as energetic.

Based on the prices...which are extremely reasonable right now....we would go back.
    Steph

I'm the reason all of the rum is gone.

Bob and Steph
    AWOL 5- What a way to go!
    July 28th to August 4th, 2012
    Castaways Travel

H3 August 2009/2010
    H2 July/August 2011

Thanks for the info..Cheap is right!! 5 days 4 nights= $576.00 for 2 people

If you have been to Hedo, You will be bored to tears at Temptations. Pools including hottubs were closed at 8pm I think. You have to take the bus to the Cancun strip if you want any excitement after 10pm. The bars on the strip can be alot of fun though.
    Comparing Hedo to Temptations is like apples to oranges. Two totaly different leagues.
    Oh yeah staff also does not come even close to the friendly staff in Jamaica.

Well the obvious is Temptations is topless only.

The main problem is that they promote guests LEAVING the resort at night. They promote the trips into town to hit the lounges leaving the resort dead. They even turn UP the lights in the disco at night so that it's not fun at all to dance in there. Music is awful and it's very unappealing to be in in the disco.

The main buffet is pretty bad.

The specialty restaurants are incredible. Just awesome! Loved the service and quality of food.

We felt the service staff went out of their way to pamper and cater to you. Entertainment crew was just "ok".

The resort itself is beautiful...but again,as mentioned above, pretty dead in the pool and hot tubs after hours.

You can dress pretty sexy, but most people will not take it to the level that they do at Hedo.

You have a lot of options for things to do away from the resort. As mentioned above, you can't really fairly compare it to Hedo...it's just a different trip. It's not suppose to be Hedo but it's not suppose to be a family resort either.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

A great place to do some sightseeing, off campus, at a rock bottom price -- and still have fun. Nice rooms, good specialty restaurants, easy side trips.

But if you ONLY want the Hedo experience, that's not it. We had a great low cost, fall vacation at the old Blue Bay (Temptations), nearly caused a scandal in UK newspapers, met some great people, and had enough change left over for the next trip to Hedo.

Nuf sed

P&K

We really Like Temptation and go every year. The prices are incredible since they are about half of what you would pay for Hedonism. A lot of fun people there as well. The nightlife is getting a little better but they still promote getting people to go to the big nightclubs with the staff. They toned down the timeshare sales pitch the last time we went as well so that was nice. There a couple of boards that are Temptation themed you may want to visit. All in all a great fun place for like minded adults.

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/index.php

http://temptationcancun.info/forum/

Dan
    Last edited by dmaldon762; 07-21-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: miss spelling

Thanks for all the info!!..We will be back at HEDO 3 in March but wanted a quick fall trip at an adult only resort at a good price so were on the way.

The timeshare pitch was non-existent on our last visit in October 2008. The resort has been remodeled. Pool/spa hours have changed. At least one bar is open 24 hours. The disco has been moved and the lights are no longer turned up at night. The trip to Coco Bongo is worth it. That is one of the best shows that I have seen outside of Vegas or New York.

There is a lot of concern among the Temptation faithful that it is being restyled in the Desire format. I don't know about that but it is a cost effective trip.

The Italian restaurant has really good beef carpaccio. The Chinese restaurant is also very good.

Many changes have been made but from what I can tell, it is not Hedo nor will it ever be...
    Steph

I'm the reason all of the rum is gone.

Bob and Steph
    AWOL 5- What a way to go!
    July 28th to August 4th, 2012
    Castaways Travel

H3 August 2009/2010
    H2 July/August 2011

W are a big fan of Cancun and go almost every year. We've been to Temptation Cancun and it was a lot of fun with ongoing activities at the pool and quiet calm lagoon water to do water activities. Keep in mind, it will probably be very tame compared to Hedo. There is an adult pool that plays club music all day and plenty of activities, but everything ends around 8pm. They promote their club package for the night time which is what we do, because we love to dance and enjoy nightlife. Coco Bongo is a must do. Hope that helps!

booking agent?

I searched the Temptations site and the rates were actually more than Hedo III for the week between Christmas/New Years. Where is the best place to book a trip to Temptations?

Quote Originally Posted by beetlesnoof2 View Post
    I searched the Temptations site and the rates were actually more than Hedo III for the week between Christmas/New Years. Where is the best place to book a trip to Temptations?
    We always use GTAHOTELS.com or Kayak.com for great TTR rates

I also agree with other posts. While the price point is attractive in a pinch (since airefare to Jamaica and Cancun are similar) the reality is that Temptaion is beautiful but it is no Hedo. Went with friends from Canada and were there over New Years. Great New Year's Eve party but the crowd was tame and very clicky. We found that folks dressed conservatively in the evenings and even during the day at the "fun" pool - only a dozen or so women actually went topless. Servers were intermitent in the pool area and just found overall that folks at this resort, while generally nice -- just were not friendly. I would consider going back (and again it is beautiful beach and nice big pool) but relatively dead in the evenings. Just not really my cup of tea - then again, just my opinion

Wondering how this place is, the end of November, for a cheap trip. And how about going as a single woman...anyone have suggestions or should I just wait for Hedo in February???Thanks for any advice!

Well, I have booked my trip to Temptations Cancun, if anyone is going around the same time..November 20th to 27th. Anyone else going and want to meet for a drink,send me a message! LOve to hear from you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast