Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We want a cab...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CplJustHavnFun View Post
    You refer to JCAL - who/what is that?

We are considering a taxi as well for our end of October trip.

Any specific recommendatioins?

Thanks
    JCAL= Jamaica Co-Operative Automobile & Limousine Tours LTD..we hired them for the ride to Hedo 3. Your transfer from Montego Bay to Hedo is provide in your booking fee. We chose to skip the shuttle service and take a cab through JCAL. You will walk past the JCAL desk on your left between Customs and the Super Clubs desk. We contacted them here at jcal@cwjamaica.com and the person that we arranged things through was Marcia. No fuss, no muss, no stops unless we chose too.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 09-06-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

We'd like to find people to share a cab or another form of transportation to the Luminous Lagoon and the Bob Marley Museum. Those are just two off resort trips we would like to make.
    We'll take the bus from the airport, I guess. Just like weliveinvegas said, "Yes, I know the bus ride gives you time to meet folks, yes, I know you get to see the country side and yes, I know it lets you get the party started earlier." It's our first trip so yes it'll be a good time to get the party started.
    Is it best to contact a cab company now before we go and book or atleast enquire about the fare? Should we just wait until we get to Hedo III and enquire about transportation to where we want to go? I noticed an email for a cab company on here. jcal@cwjamaica.com
    Are there lots of cab companies? Are certain cab companies better than others? Does anybody have a rough idea how much it would cost to go to the Luminous Lagoon and the Bob Marley Museum?
    It seems like a majority of people are only talking about the trip to and from the airport.
    "No dress rehersal, this is our life"

Hedo III - March 24 - 31, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by CBG View Post
    We'd like to find people to share a cab or another form of transportation to the Luminous Lagoon and the Bob Marley Museum. Those are just two off resort trips we would like to make. We'll take the bus from the airport, I guess. Just like weliveinvegas said, "Yes, I know the bus ride gives you time to meet folks, yes, I know you get to see the country side and yes, I know it lets you get the party started earlier." It's our first trip so yes it'll be a good time to get the party started. Is it best to contact a cab company now before we go and book or atleast enquire about the fare?
    I am sure you will enjoy the ride on the shuttle to Hedo and as for contacting a cab ride for the excursions you want to go on, there really is no need.
    Should we just wait until we get to Hedo III and enquire about transportation to where we want to go?
    At Hedo 3 there is a tour desk, you can book your trip to 9 Mile and The Luminous Lagoon through them and they arrange your transportation for you.
    I noticed an email for a cab company on here. jcal@cwjamaica.com Are there lots of cab companies?
    Yes, most are not sanctioned by the government..some folks just hire out their personal vehicle and take folks around..
    Are certain cab companies better than others?
    Use the link you saw posted here
    Does anybody have a rough idea how much it would cost to go to the Luminous Lagoon and the Bob Marley Museum?
    Last year the LL was $42US per person, daily at 6pm, 4 people minimum, BMM was $85US per person, and it went Wednesdays and Saturdays..
    It seems like a majority of people are only talking about the trip to and from the airport.
    Yes, most of us folks taht take a cab are doing it from the airport to the resort

Good luck and have fun..

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123