Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need an honest answer!

Need an honest answer!

I've been charged with planning the vacation this year for me and my 5 other single guy friends. Honestly we are not looking to go until next June or July...which i know is a ways off, but with my friends if you don't get it all booked and organized early there will be bail outs. I'm probably going to book and pay by Oct-Nov time frame.

My question though is this...a group of six straight guys going to hedonism...bad idea? we are all between 28-30 yrs old (about 15-18 mentally lol). We are definetely without question looking to party. Hands down. I don't mean party like sleep with all sorts of women (which would be nice) but just get there soak up the events and chill with all sorts of people. Thing is we don't want to be the only six single people in the whole resort. If it's all couple and us that might not be as fun.

As far as going with the flow...I'm definetely down for anything. I could care less really. Might have a friend or two who wouldn't be comfortable running around naked, but they'll probably just park up at a bar and drink and "smoke".

All in all...we just wanna eat, drink, have fun, make memories...and if there are single women there we can hang out with...great. Just want to make sure this would be a good trip idea for my group.

Please offer your advice. If you don't think Hedo would be a good location, any other travel vacations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

matt

trip

I would say Hedo 2 would be a great place to go. But, and you knew there had to be a but. You guys will have to go with the right frame of mind. Hedo is NOT a free for all. It can be, however, it stands a good chance of not being. If you go with the thoughts in mind that you are going to have a great vacation, meet alot of great people and be nice and personable to everyone you will probably have the vacation you are envisioning. If you go with the thought in mind that you are going to be the Hedo stud you will be shot down like a terrorist. The fact of the matter is, if you are socially accepted and successful at home then you will be so at Hedo. Hedo is all about the people and friends and nothing about your prowess with the ladies. The ladies will see through you like you were Casper. For the most part the ladies will have come to Hedo with a guy, there will be single ladies there, however. DON'T BE A VINNIE and things will be ok.

Thumbs up

Hey Matt,

Welcome to the boards, based on your post, I would say you would fit in well at Hedo 2 or Hedo 3. If a beach is a make or breaker, Hedo 2 would be your calling, if a pool party is ok, you would fit in at Hedo 3. We have seen single guys of all ages fit in at Hedo 3 with no problems, the secret RESPECT, give it to get it and you will be fine. I see nothing in your post that sends up a warning flag, if you guys wanna crazy party and are available 7/31 to 8/7 of 2010, we are taking our AWOL group back to Hedo 3 and would welcome you without prejudice.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Welcome to the boards! We have lots of single guy friends at Hedo, but have never made friends with a group of single guys traveling as a pack. Single solo guys seem to mingle better at Hedo...or at least that's what we've found over the years.

If you're thinking about H2 in November you might want to watch out for the Halloween/Anniversary week and the first week of November timeframe. These timeframes are filled with repeaters, many of whom have been going to Hedo since it opened (more than 25 years ago). So....you may want to consider the average age for the timeframe you pick....that particular timeframe has more people in their late 50s and 60s. Just so you know.

Also, we've found that H3 has a younger population, which you might find more to your liking.

In any event, we love Jamaica and couldn't recommend it more highly. If you're not particularly interested in the nude atmosphere, there are some pretty fun places to go where you can keep your suits on. If you want the Hedo vibe, then you will love it!

Have fun!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Sounds like you have a good attitude toward things but would need to make sure the other fellas know the score as well.
    Also just to be clear - you said a couple of them might not be cool with the nekkid part - when partying on the "nude side" you MUST be nude. What I'm getting at is: if you have some that are gung ho for the nudity and some who want to wear trunks you would not all get to be on the nude side (where the party usually is). As you will find if you venture around past posts - Hedo III has what is called the quad where you can be totally clothed, partially nude or all the way nude and there can be some good times there but for the most part the nude side is where the party is.
    I hope you can make sense of what I'm trying to say through the (tired) babble
    In any case - good luck with your planning and the trip

I was trying to come up what might be the most concise advice for you without writing pages and pages.

Here’s my best shot: Ask each member of your group to secretly commit or not to commit to going. Make it understood that the decision is binding and a commitment could mean that only one person would go if everyone else said nay. Those who commit get to go, those who don’t stay home, no second chance.

So here’s my explanation: The Hedo state of mind (at least how I read it from our visits) welcomes the group but admonishes the gang. If you have the courage to go by yourself, then it won’t matter if you’re there with any number of your friends. You’ll all have a good time.

Hope this makes sense.
    "Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there's a field. I'll meet you there."

I may be wrong with my honest answer, but I really doubt if there are going to be six single women there. The vast majority are couples - maybe to the tune of 90%. Others may have had a different experience, but we've been there 6 times and I'm basing my estimate on my experience.
    If your friends don't want to get naked, they'll be sitting at the main or Quad bar most of the time - and will be missing out on lots of the opportunities for meeting folks.
    Just my opinions here.

Wrong place for the six of you, all together. Right place for some of you!

There really are places you might feel more integrated, Club Med, Temptations, ...

P&K

Registered User BLKCPLEJUSBROWS's Avatar
    Being honest here ...Hedo is the last place I would want to go on vacation with a bunch of guys,maybe you and your friends are different but if I weren't going with my SO I'd much rather go alone

Hey, I dont know if this may help but there are 16 of us single men going for new years eve. We are all either in the military or got out a few months/years ago. Truth is- if you are looking for sex, hire a prostitute. If you are looking for fun on a beautiful island, then go for it!! There is PLENTTYYY to do on jamaica. Out of 11 days at Hedo 3 we will probably leave the property for like 5 or 6 days. I say go for it

Matt, Since others have advised you on the fitting in part, I'll take a different topic: booking early. I would advise against booking this fall for next summer. Generally speaking, the summer months are off-peak for island resorts. Wait till way closer to your vacation time to book. This past year, they have had different specials since May to entice travelers, some of the sales were extended as well. We just booked at 30% off published rates for mid-October. You'll also have the deadwood of your party weeded out by then.

Good Luck

I'd have to agree with hedopair....especially if the economy continues to be weak. The sales will arrive much closer to your booking time...there is absolutely no need to book early for the time being....we're enjoying the best rates in 10 years right now...so no worries!

That being said, you might find Temptation in Cancun to be much more to your liking....especially as a group. A younger crowd and way way more singles.

Liz
    Liz & Chris

If you guys go with the right attitude and don't base your chances of fun off of whether or not you get pussy, then you will have a blast. I would just browse around and find the groups that are going in your timeframe and join up with them, so you will already know some people to talk to and won't look like a pack of guys running around the resort together.

Hedonism 3
    Feb 13-20

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi823 View Post
    ..If you are looking for fun on a beautiful island, then go for it!! There is PLENTTYYY to do on jamaica. Out of 11 days at Hedo 3 we will probably leave the property for like 5 or 6 days. I say go for it
    lol...in our 8 previous trips with over more than 80 days on the island, we don't have 5 or 6 days that we have left the resort combined...sand gravity is a bitch...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 07-18-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

We are going for the dolphins and the zip line. And dunns river falls. And jet skiing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast