Thread: How do I propose the idea of going to Hedo to my wife?

How do I propose the idea of going to Hedo to my wife?

I want to propose the idea of going to Hedo to my wife. How do you bring it up the first time? How do you explain what Hedo is to someone that has never heard of it before? I really think my wife would enjoy it, but I want to bring it up in the right way. Thanks!

You could introduce her to this site, let her read some of the reports, and talk to a few of us Hedo folk. We're a friendly lot, and hopefully whoever she talks to could help alleviate any reservations she might have. How open is she to being nude in a public setting? How open-minded is she when you bring up something new to try sexually? You don't have to answer me, just think about it, and that is probably a similar reaction to what you will get when you ask her to consider hedo. Tell her you are really interested in going, and that you would like her to consider it, then let her read about it here, and on the hedo websites, and find out what she thinks.

I ran into the same situation. I am trying the following: I have been sharing my fantasy of making love with her in middle of the night in a beach in somewhere very warm/hot like Jamaica and so far she did not reject the idea. The next move is to show her some review of Hedonism and emphasis on there are prude and nude and we are staying at the prude side to give her some assurance of don't have to be nude, also there are water sports that we will be enjoying. From other posts, I learned that as long as she experiences the sexual charged atmosphere and feels safe (I mean there are no one to judge her body as I assume most of the bodies will not be perfect anyway), she will be losing up. Of course I am not expecting her going down on me in public on the first day but since she is pretty open-minded inside the bedroom so I hope she will wear her slutwear to the theme nights to start of.

Wish I coild help......however I did not have that problem. Wife and I were online looking for a new vacation spot for our 19 yr anniversary when she ran across the Hedo website and within 30 seconds, she said "we are going there" - so who am i to argure - Now let me explain we have never been to a nude beach or anything like this before, so I was totaly shocked when she decided Hedo was the place we were going. Since booking the trip we have both been talking a lot about it and it has been an awesome experience to be planning together and we are both so excited to be going in Nov.
    Chuck & Becky

HEDO 2 NOVEMBER 14-21 , 2009 - Lovevoodoo Fest
    HEDO 2 NOVEMBER 13-20 , 2010 - Lovevoodoo Fest
    HEDO 2 January 19-26 , 2013 - LS Month - Toms Trips

Next Trip - Hedo 2 November 7-15, 2014 - LoveVoodoo Fest

Thumbs up

Welcome to the site...you found it, now share it with her. As mentioned above have her check this site out, ask questions together and learn as you go. We all love talking about Hedo and are more than willing to answer just about anything.

Good luck...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Gotta' agree with the general sentiment. Last year around this time I was racking my brain for about a month on how to ask if my wife would be into going to H2 for our 5th anniversary. We don't consider ourselves swingers, and while my wife had done some nude modeling in college for art classes, we hadn't been to a clothing optional resort, never mind a place with the reputation of Hedo. I had been on the forum for a bit and was convinced that it would be a blast, so one day I finally just dug up the courage and asked her about it and showed her the site. She was a bit nervous about the idea at first, but that only lasted about a day, and the next thing you know she's out to our local fabric store buying gauze to make her toga. We got together a great social group for the time that we were going and everyone was incredibly encouraging and friendly. Needless to say, the trip was amazing and we're heading back this November for our 2nd trip (and we're already thinking about timeframes for making two trips in 2010!).

If you think your wife will enjoy it, trust in that - You know her better than anyone. Hedo is definitely not for everyone, but for those that do enjoy it, it really is wonderful. You'll see around the boards that so many of us consider going back to Hedo as going home - It's just that good.

Good luck!

You never know...she may be wanting to bring up the idea to you...here's our story:
    (I copied and pasted this from a different post, but thought it apropos.)

Why did we decide to go to Hedo? Well…a combo of things. First, Rudy's dad had passed away without ever getting to enjoy some of the things he always said he was going to do (Alaska cruise for example). Then, we decided we would not wait. We went to Las Vegas for New Years in 2002-03. There were so many kids there…and we felt it really inappropriate for people to expose their children to some of the things that go on there. Heck…we wanted to get crazy and wild and drink and stuff and every time we turned around…little people were watching. ARGH!

We started talking about an adults only vacation. For Christmas of 2004, I gave Rudy a copy of Chris Santilli's book, The Naked Truth about Hedonism 2 (get and read it if you have not, find one for your wife to read). Rudy gave me a Hedo2 quote from DennyP, a travel agent who specializes in Hedo style vacations. WEIRD!!!! Karma even!

So....that's our story. Its point is that you might be worrying too much...you will never know unless you ask....good luck. (I also agree with the other posts and their suggestions - whatever works for you)

Tam
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

hedo

All you have to do is say, hey babe, we are going on vacation. When she asks you where you are going, you give her a brochure from H2. Don't really make reservations, just say that, give her the brochure and see what she has to say about it. I did that very same thing about ten years ago and the wife (ex now) jumped all over it. When I met peaches We talked about the fact that I had been serveral times and she has been chomping at the bit to go ever since. Believe it or not it has been my experience it is more difficult to get a guy to go. The last time the ex and I went, H2 was under going alot of construction and we were given 4 free nights because our ocean view nude room was overbooked and they were going to send us to Grand Lido. Well, when I go home I want to stay in my house, not across the street at the nieghbors. The only room available was right next to the construction and they weren't using it. We did however talk them into letting us use it. Prior to the next year I got separated and I had a hell of a time getting any of my guy friends to go. Who wouldn't want a free trip to H2?

You know your wife better than any of us. You said you think she'll enjoy it- she likes to get tipsy, have fun, try new things, is sexually adventurous? Likes to dress sexy? If this is the case, don't be shy- say "Baby- look what I found!" I was the one to find Hedo, and I was texting my hubby FAST, like "Baby- I know where we are going!" At first, he thought he might feel funny about getting naked, but he's been reading the posts here, and now... not only are we both completely psyched for our trip in May, we are even hotter for each other. We haven't even been there yet, and we love it! We just don't know how we're gonna be able to hold out the 299 days, 5 hours and 32 minutes we have until we're on a plane headed to Hedo. So, like a Nike commercial- JUST DO IT! Show her Hedo's website, there are a couple little cute commercial videos on YouTube (#s1-4) and some from other people's trip, and then...send her here. Hedo people kick ass! These are some of the greatest, nonjudgemental, supportive, friendly people out there RIGHT HERE! Who wouldn't want to go on a vacation with these folks, instead of the snooty, uptight, bitchy people you encounter everywhere else? She'll love it!

Talking

Hello Buffalo, I am assuming that your are from Buffalo, the only thing you need to say is "rum on the beach in January" no just kidding. I know the first time my husband brought it up to me I thought he was crazy. I was not all to keen with the idea of running around nekkid with a bunch of sex crazied people (sorry guys, but you know the rumors), but anywho, we went and now it takes a VERY large man to get me into the van to go back to MoBay..( 9 trips and counting) We are not swingers, but we have the time of our life when we go home. If she is not comfortable getting nekkid, then don't. She can still have a great time, the first year I did not take off my suit until the last day. You can walk over to the nude side to check it out and believe me, it will not take long and you are standing around Delroys drinking Dirty Bananas and all of a sudden it like opps, I lost my clothes.. And as far as the sex crazied people, Hedo is the BEST thing that could ever happen to your sex life, there is nothing like it, there are really no words to describe how close you will become. As the saying goes..
    "Once you go, you will know" Hope to see you guys at Spanksgiving.

See all in Nov...
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Mrs. Ky4Hedo thought we were going to Breezes Runaway Bay. In fact that is where I booked our stay. It just so happens I had done my research and found out that the day/night passes to HIII are free and you can go back and forth between resorts as much as you want. A little more digging and I discovered that as long as there is room at the Inn BRB will gladly transfer you to H3, no charge.

Fast forward to June 20099. We arrive at BRB. The conversation went something like this. "This place is nice, but kind of dead. Want to go to Hedo today?" "Sure isn't it full of naked swingers?". "Well probably, but we can always leave."

That was on Tuesday. We went at 1030 came back to BRB at around 5:00, changed and went back to H3 with a night pass. There are all sorts of stories to tell from that day, but it would take some serious typing to tell them all.

The next morning we called the front desk and changed our reservation to H3. The only question asked was why we didn't like BRB. After a brief explanation the front desk manager said "I see you have found your kind of party over there. Looks like you have made a vacation transformation".

The rest is history, Mrs. Ky is now planning our next two Hedo trips.

This was an easy one for us. My wife suggested it, yes I know great wife, we were looking for a vacation without our kids and no chance of seeing anyone else's. It was a no brainer.

That's how we found Hedo 2- I was like "if we'e not bringing our kids, I'll be damned if we're dealing with anyone else's either." Lol.

h2

You go girl.

Cool RE: How do I propose the idea of going to Hedo to my wife?

Redacted
    Last edited by EastWest; 06-22-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    Cheers,

D & L

July 2009: Hedonism III
    July 2011: Hedonism II

http://69eastwest69.tumblr.com