Thread: Dressing up for dinner and the club

Dressing up for dinner and the club

I don't want to get dressed up in pants and a button down shirt for dinner. I want to wear my Abercrombie shorts and a tshirt and flip flops...I don't mind wearing a collared golf shirt to dinner and the club...I will probably bring some pants...just curious as to the etiquette for dinner and the club???

We have been to other parts of the world and the requirement was dress up for dinner and all the formalities, was hoping to get away from all of that...Wife still wants to dress up with very little on..

Travelers,
    not sure where that picture in your avatar is from but... THAT is dinnerware for Toga night!

Shorts and a t-shirt or hawaiian shirt with flip flops work for dinner no issues.
    I wore a pair of Dockers and collared shirt you can see in my Avatar. We "dressed" for dinner a couple nights because we wanted to have some good pics and a "dinner date" with each other.

Other nights the theme for the evening is all you need.
    Others dressed ALOT less for dinner while still others dressed up nice for dinner.

No dress codes required at the buffet in the pavillion.
    Munusan and Pastafari say cover the private parts, even if that means pasties.

I usually wear some type of sexy outfit, Clint ALWAYS wears shorts, tee shirt or a tank top. Like Carl said, we did wear "real" clothes one time for 15 mintues for a picture, thats it off they come, after all, we are at Hedo...
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

I took a couple Tommy Bahama shirts. That was as dressy as I saw anyone all week. I dont ever remember seeing a pair of pants, but I probably wasn't looking at the guys all that closely. Its not like a cruise or a typical resort that gets all snooty about what you wear in the restaurants.

Besides, at H2, the buffett and Muasan (sp?) are all outside and hot as hell. We heard Patafari got hot too.
    First Trip June 6 - 12, 2009

We've very very rarely seen long pants in our many trips. Chris has never worn them that's for sure...even at our wedding. My Dad didn't wear long pants that day either! Actually the only person I know who routinely wears long pants at some dinners is Dan...and he is a very sharp dresser...they are the cool cottony pants & do look fab on him!

Anyway....no worries about long pants...leave them home. Tshirts/Tommy B shirts are both great. Tshirts with funny / raunchy sayings are a big hit too.

And I've done weeks at Hedo wearing no shoes at all (not recommended for those who are not 100% barefoot enthusiasts!)...so no worries on that end either...flip flops are absolutely fine.

It's all about being comfortable and sexy and fun!

Have fun!

Liz
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 07-10-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: to add in comment about footwear
    Liz & Chris

thanks, for the information! I will bring my spartan outfit for toga night. That is a halloween party from last year at our home.

Hey travelers, when are you guys going? to HII or HIII? We will be at HII for Spanksgiving.
    See all in Nov.
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

We usually wear out theme night get-up for dinner....Pj night of course PJ's for dinner, Toga...No Sheet no Eat...Pirate...Avast ye matey or Fetish Night...OH MY...
    so you get the idea. The past couple of years the health dept. has been after them about lack of attire in the reservation restaurants..so sometimes our get-up is too risque to be admitted...so we just switch to buffet where it's not a problem...or run back to the room for more clothes.
    In all our trips I can't recall long dress slacks on anyone for dinner other than New Years Eve!!
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Registered User BLKCPLEJUSBROWS's Avatar
    I seem to remember that saturday night was the night to "dress up" for dinner I think when we were there it was the all black gala or something like that but other than that dress is always casual

While we're on the topic of attire for the evenings...could someone please point us in the right direction for the latest info about the various theme nights? We've found plenty of info on different websites about Hedo, but they don't all seem to be the same details -- perhaps the themes change from time to time?

We'll be at Hedo II in late August, if that makes a difference! Thanks in advance. :-)
    ~~ nj2some

Hedo II 8/22-8/27/09

Quote Originally Posted by nj2some View Post
    While we're on the topic of attire for the evenings...could someone please point us in the right direction for the latest info about the various theme nights? We've found plenty of info on different websites about Hedo, but they don't all seem to be the same details -- perhaps the themes change from time to time?

We'll be at Hedo II in late August, if that makes a difference! Thanks in advance. :-)
    please do comment...my wife sitting here beside me just said the same thing.

When are you going Travelers?

Check dennyp's site for info on theme nights. Sorry for my ignorance, but what d'ya mean by "the club"?

The attire at the disco and piano bar are the same as the dining room. Shorts, t or polo shirt and flip flops are fine. Glitter and a scarf are also acceptable.

Chris
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 07-10-2009 at 10:57 PM.
    Liz & Chris

We wear theme for dinner ... unless were at Pastrafari or Munisan ...then we change ... for breakfast and lunch its a man dress for me and wrap for Patty
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group

we call'em clubs...for some reason the whole term "disco" just makes me cringe LOL...I know when we are on cruise ships, we ask where the club is and people look at us like we are crazy and say "oh, you mean the disco" maybe it's just a deep south thang to call it a club...thanks for correcting me. I will refer to it as the disco. I appreciate your input.

7 days to go for us!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Check dennyp's site for info on theme nights. Sorry for my ignorance, but what d'ya mean by "the club"?

The attire at the disco and piano bar are the same as the dining room. Shorts, t or polo shirt and flip flops are fine. Glitter and a scarf are also acceptable.

Chris