Thread: June 28th - July 5th

Smile June 28th - July 5th

This was our first time to Jamaica and Hedo III.

Flight - Well, we got on the plane in Fayetteville, NC at 7:10am only to be told 5 min later that ATL was too busy to accept anymore flights and that we would have to wait an hour before taking off. So we had to deplane and wait. What's an hour right? Well that wouldn't be too bad if our flight from ATL to Montego Bay wasn't leaving 40 min after we landed in ATL. So after an hour wait, we hoped on the plane and we were off to ATL. The flight attendant was great about making sure we were the first to get off the plane so that we could try and make our flight to Jamaica. We missed it by about 10 min, along with a bunch of other people going to Jamaica. So they put us on stand-by for an already over booked 11:45am flight. We finally took off for Jamaica around 6:45pm. So, finally after about 91/2 hours hanging out in ATL we were off to Jamaica!!!!! We arrived in Montego Bay around 10:30pm.

Bus ride to Hedo III - We had to wait about 30 min to catch the bus over to Hedo III. There was about 6 cpls on the bus including two airport workers that got dropped off along the way. One cpl got dropped off at Starfish and 3 cpls went to Breezes. Finally, us and another cpl were the only ones going to Hedo. The bus driver beeped at and passed everyone in his way!!! It was great!! We arrived at Hedo III around 12:15am or so.

Check in - Of course, check in went smooth and of course our room was ready....lol Our fear was that they might have decided to give our room away...lol While we were unpacking Tab complained about a bug bite or something itching her butt. No big deal, but this would turn into something more later!!

First Day - We got up to our room as fast as possible and threw everything everywhere, took a shower, got dressed and went to the disco around 1am. As soon as we got there we ran into Spencer and Deana from MS, who we met months before the trip. We hung out in the disco for about an hour and then headed back to our room to finally get naked and head to the nude pool/hot tub. Around 2:30am Me, Tabitha and Deana headed over to get something to eat before they closed at 3. Then we headed back to the hot tub to catch up with Spencer. We stayed there till almost 5am and finally shut the place down since we were the last people to leave. We figured we were gonna get the most out of that first day that we could considering we were about 9 hours late!! We headed back to the room and then went to sleep.

Second Day - We woke up around 10:30am. Tab wakes up very itchy from the knees down. We still didn't think too much about it so we headed down to get those famous omelets from John we have heard so much about. They most definitely lived up to the hype!! After breakfast we headed back to the room to get naked and head out to the Quad pool and hang out with Spencer and Deana. The four of us went snorkeling at 2:45 then headed back to the Quad for some volleyball and drinks. We headed up to the room for a nap and around 4. We got up around 7. Tab wakes up with small hives from her knees down!! After taking some benadryl she felt better so we went on to dinner. After dinner we headed up to the room so that we could get dressed in our pirate costumes. We got up to the disco around 11:30 and only stayed till 12, cuz Tab wasn't feeling too good.

Third Day - We got up around 9. Tab still had small hives from the waist down. She took some more medicine and we headed to get breakfast. We went down and hung out with our friends at the Quad again. We had fun snorkeling the day before so we headed back to do it again today. Then, We headed over to the Nude pool and hung out. After a while we headed over to the Quad. I played volleyball the rest of the day, while Tab laid out and her legs were all cleared up. We went to dinner around 7:30. While at dinner Tab's bottom lip started swelling up. At this point, we are like wtf!!! We go back to the room and are in bed around 10:30, because she is feeling worse and starting to break out again. Around 3:30am Tab wakes up and both her lips are swollen like Daffy Duck!!! Me being me, my first thought was "If you're not in too much pain do you think possibly could suck my...." LOL
    So we called our friends and luckily Deana had some stronger medicine that knocked her out. So now with 5 days to go we decided we'd have the nurse call the doctor to come first thing in the morning.

Fourth Day - We get up around 8:30 and headed down to the nurse. She calls the Dr. and he says he can be there in an hour. So, we head on over for breakfast. Then the Dr. comes and gives Tab a hydrocortisone shot that cleared it all up, Thank God!!! So $210.00 later she is feeling great now!! However, it was a sad day, because Spencer and Deana headed back home. We again drank and played volleyball most of the day at the Quad. Then we met Olin and Renee from New York. We went to dinner at Pastafari around 7:30. We went to the disco around 11 in our leather and lace outfits. Then around 12:30 we headed to the nude hot tub till about 2am where we by the hot tub.

Fifth Day - We got up around 9:30 and went to get our omelets. Then we hung out with our new friends Olin, Renee and Tommy and Jenn from FL at the Quad. We took a nap and then got dressed in or Jamaican Night wear. We all ate dinner ate Munasan and it was great. We watched a group of dancers from Kingston perform. We went to the Piano Bar around 10:30 and then to the Disco. We stayed out at the hot tub till the wee hours of the morning. We headed to bed and

Sixth Day - Our final day....We got up around 9 and had breakfast. They held a pool party at the Quad today so that was a lot of fun. We got to dinner early this night cuz it was the Glitter Gala Night and it was the Fourth of July so they did a special show with American decorations and a Dancing with the Stars show with the winner winning 3 free nights. Our friend Mike and Dena won first place. He partnered up with Cassy and they put on a great show!! Then it was off to the disco to dance until we just couldn't dance anymore. Afterwards, we hung out in the hot tub with Olin and Renee till around 2am then we grabbed something to eat and headed off to bed and

Trip Home - We had to have our bags out at 6am and be on the bus by 7am to head back to the airport. Our flight departed at 11:25am and we got back in NC at 6:30pm.

Best things about Hedo III - Kadian at the Quad Bar(she was absolutely our most favorite!!!), Marlon at the Main Bar, John at the Nude Grill, John at the breakfast bar, Tony the waiter at breakfast and ALL the EC's were the greatest!!! Those are some hard working people!!

We will most definitely be heading back!!! We are hooked!!! We made some great friends that we really enjoyed hanging out with!!
    Hedo II - June 23-30 2012
    Hedo II - June 18-25 2011
    Hedo III - June 19-27 2010
    Hedo III - June 28-July 5 2009

Blog Entries
    Thank you for your written report. My flight leaves at 8AM Est today and I cant sleep so I am here trying to ward of the damn DIF!
    07/15-07/20

2010: 07/08-07/15@ H3 - 10/08-10/11@ H2 - 11/18-11/24@ H3

Newly Addicted & looking for a Second Job!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the trip report, its sounds like you had fun. This will give us a little relief to the until we get home.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Hey there!

You guys were so much fun..we had a great time hanging out with y'all! I am so glad Tabitha got the shot and was able to enjoy the rest of the vacation. We need to get together and plan our trip for next year. : ) I am hoping to get my trip report posted soon...have just been lazy.

Deana

Thanks for the report- we are 19 days out and it helped with the DIF a little though I am not sure it made it better or worse! Glad you had a good trip!
    Nick (and the sassy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook