Thread: H3 Trip Report June 7 -13, 2009

H3 Trip Report June 7 -13, 2009

We had never been to Hedo before but knew that if we were going on a vacation without any kids that it would truly be an "adult" vacation. Hedo III turned out to be our best vacation ever and we now suffer terribly from that Dreaded Island Fever! We read a lot of reviews and trip reports which helped us out tremendously so hopefully our report will also be able to lend some assistance to future Hedo-maniacs.

Best pre-travel tips we found were:

1. Bring small bills because no one will have change in US bills. This saved us several hassles starting with our Red Stripe stop from the airport, with the pool-side vendors, and even in the gift shop. We brought lots of singles, fives, and some tens and never had to worry about change.

2. The Bubba Kegs from Wal-Mart worked out great. Instead of using them for drinks at the bar though (didn't have to wait for a refill) we used them in our rooms so that when we returned to our room we had a cool beverage (water or Pepsi) available.

3. Being prepared for the theme nights in the disco. We ordered a few inexpensive outfits from online Halloween costume vendors, planned for PJ night, etc. and it made the nights more interesting both at the disco and most importantly in our room afterwards!

4. The telephone debate we went back and forth on. We ended up not turning on our cell phones all week and only used the hotel phone to call home. I believe it was $2 for the first minute and 89 cents for each additional minute. We made three or four calls to the kids and I think we owed $16 at check out. It was cheaper than our Verizon service and easier than getting a calling card, entering long codes, and having money left on it at the end of our trip. You need to leave a deposit at the front desk in order for them to activate long distance calling from your room. I believe it was a $100 cash deposit or they could put a hold in that amount on your credit card.

5. Photo copy everything in your wallet, passports, etc. and keep in a safe place. I lost my credit card and about $30 cash during our Dunns River Falls excursion but since I had a photocopy of the card (front & back) it was easy to call, cancel the card, and order replacements.

6. Talk about what you are willing to do, and not to do, with your significant other while at Hedo. We new up front what each others expectations were and continued to talk about them while there. We altered our acceptance level up a little while there (hell it is Hedo after all!) but never ended up swapping or getting very intimate with anyone other than each other. As first timers we loved that we could do as little or as much as we wanted to. Everyone was just there to have fun!

Traveling to and from Jamaica was very normal. Be courteous and you should be through customs in no time. On the way down TSA left a note in one of our bags saying that they had opened it for a thorough inspection and on the way back US customs pulled my wife off to the side to check her carry on bag. She had a medium sized wooden sculpture in her bag and they just wanted to verify what it was. We also carried back a bottle of rum for a friend with no problem. We purchased it in the airport for $8 and the Hedo gift shop had the same bottle for $14. We also needed to switch the bottle into our checked bags after clearing customs in Atlanta before going through security for our connecting flight home. Dreaded 3 ounce limit!

Bus ride to Hedo III was pretty much as described by everyone else. Some had said the roads were bad but we found them to be well paved and smooth. We had a pit stop for Red Stripes and the first one tasted oh so good! Our baggage handler said that it was his birthday so everyone was buying him a beer. Coincidentally we had the same bus driver and baggage handler for our return trip to the airport and guess what? It was his birthday again! We dropped off a few couples at another resort and headed for Hedo. With us was a single male and two great couples that we regretfully did not get to spend much time with at the resort. The two couples were friends and traveling to Hedo together. One of the couples had been to Hedo before and the second couple were newbies just like us. The newbie lady was absolutely gorgeous and even my wife was smitten with her. We would have loved to have gotten to know her better; my wife did kiss her ass on the dance floor a couple of nights later! When we told her where we lived she said that she would be traveling near us in a couple of weeks so I considered looking her up but thought we might have freaked her out if we showed up and said "Hey, remember us?"

We arrived at Hedo before our rooms were ready, but as they say in Jamaica, "No Problem Mon!" This was my favorite saying and also my motto for the week. We went to the bar and within thirty minutes we had a great Red Stripe buzz going, met a crazy couple from France who pulled out big fat Cheech and Chong type doobie, gladly helped them smoke it, had purchased some smoke for ourselves, watched my wife and Star get a little cozy with one another, and were basically just having a great time. I didn't understand what everyone was talking about before we arrived but it truly did feel like we were "home." A home where you were totally free to let loose and not be judged at all. After a couple of hours of getting familiar with the main bar we made reservations at Pastafari and headed to our room. We found our room to be very nice. We stayed on the prude side with an ocean view. Everything was clean, there were no ants, and everything worked just fine. After a long travel day and only sleeping two or three hours the night before, and then partying at the bar, we went to dinner. We had a few more drinks after dinner and were in bed by nine and probably sleeping by ten.

They say you don't go to Hedo for the food but you do have to eat so here are our thoughts on the food. We are not fancy eaters and found all of the food to be very good. Service was also excellent. Our glasses did not stay empty nor did dirty dishes stay on the table very long. At Pastafari the first night my wife had steak and I had chicken and both were delicious. The second night we went to the Japanese restaurant Munasan and found the food to be pretty good but I was expecting more of a "show" with the cooking. Our chef just kind of prepared our food and that was it. The chef at the next table over though was more entertaining with the guests. The Scotch Bonnet was great. We ate there three times. The first time I had the jerk chicken and thought it was the best chicken I had ever eaten. Our second time eating there we were hung over and just needed some food. We both had hamburgers and fries which were good. We went back a third time with some friends on our last day and I again ordered the jerk chicken. It was still good, just not as good as the first time I ordered it. Maybe it was a different chef that day or maybe my taste buds had been fried by then, I don't know. We ate most of our meals at the buffet. Breakfast was always good, we really enjoyed the fresh fruit and ate that with almost every meal. We loved the french toast! Lunch and dinner menus were also good although I can see why some complain about the buffet. They had a decent variety but after you eat two meals a day off the buffet it can get a little old I guess. One night for dinner they had some pork chops that were outstanding, I think I ate three or four. Another night they had pork chops prepared a different way and I only ate one because I found it to only be OK. We never made it to the late night buffet so I don't know how that was.

After resting our first night we were excited and up early. We ate and were at the dive shop by 8:30 am for scuba lessons, which on Jamaican time started about thirty minutes late. The weather was overcast and the pool water cold. We completed the resort only dive certification but were so cold that we went back to the room for a hot shower instead of going out on the dive. We never made it out on a dive and every time that we planned to go out on the glass bottom boat it would start raining so we just enjoyed being on the beach for the week. We actually spent most of our water time in the ocean because we found all of the pools to be cold. We went to the quad later that day to experience our first time naked in public. It was much easier than we thought and kind of gave you a sense of freedom. The quad pool water was so cold we could not get in so we went to the hot tub and joined about four other couples. We had a few drinks and had some nice conversation but found it a little uncomfortable that there were about seven or eight workers around the pool area painting, sanding, and doing other maintenance but they seemed mostly just there to take in the "view." They would work for one minute and stare for five. We decided to try the nude side after the quad. The nude pool was very active and just seemed a little more than we were ready for so we headed for the nude beach. We met some nice folks at the beach and stayed for a while. The prude beach is so much nicer we decided to head back there and enjoy the ocean.

The second night we were well-rested and ready to party. After dinner we had drinks and met a bunch of great people at the main bar. It was Pirate night and while several couples dressed for it as we did, most did not. The disco opened at eleven but when we arrived at ten after no one was there. It seems most head to the piano bar after dinner and then when the EC's show up at the disco things get going. Some Hedo veterans were complaining that it was slow at the resort and that is why things were not as crowded. We liked the fact that the resort was not packed because as newbies it seemed to let us blend in at our own pace. Our next trip though I think we will try to coordinate with a group. After the disco got going it was a lot of fun. My wife absolutely loves to dance. Not just dance, but sexy, sultry dancing. We live in a small town and if she danced like she wanted to at home.... Well that is why we went to Hedo! She had a ball and we danced, drank, and partied the night away. We ended up back at our room for some of the best sex we have ever had.

Our third day we did a trip to Ocho Rios that took us to Dunns River Falls and Dolphin Cove. We did not get to enjoy the falls as much as we would have liked. Our driver had made us reservations at Dolphin Cove which at first we thought was great. "No waiting Mon." However, the falls were crowded and we had only made it about half way up when he got our attention from the side and said we needed to go in order to make it to our date with the dolphins. We love the outdoors and wished we had more time to spend at the falls. We were definitely glad we went though, it was a great experience. Off to Dolphin Cove we go and just like our driver said we got there maybe ten minutes before we were being called down to play with the dolphins. After petting the dolphins I suddenly realized that my credit card, a little cash, and our room key were no longer in my pocket. It must have been washed out in the falls because no one (except the wife) got close enough to nab it. Now we would like to get back to Hedo as quick as possible to cancel the credit card so we did not get to spend any more time exploring Dolphin Cove which was unfortunate because it also looked like a lot of fun. Luckily I had photo copied our info so a quick call from our room and we found out that no one had tried to use the card, they were cancelled, and new ones mailed to our home. Ahhh. Time to relax again!

We spent most of our time at Hedo pretty much the same. Relaxing during the day enjoying our time together, the ocean, and the beautiful grounds at Hedo III. Night time was party time! We had a blast and probably partied a little to much because our last day or two we never even made it to the disco. I guess we should have paced ourselves a little the first few days since we do not party at home. We have a few beers or glasses of wine on the weekends but that is about it. Or, maybe we just need to practice "Hedo at Home" more often!

As far as "hooking up" with others my wife was really looking forward to being with a another woman. I was also looking forward to this and hoping to observe and participate. I of course have that threesome fantasy. We thought we had found a couple that we would play some with but on our first attempt we were joined at the last minute by a third couple that I think were a little coked out or something. Things did not progress so we went back to our room and had fun with each other until the sun was coming up. Another attempt the following night things got a little strange with them so again we ended up back at our room enjoying one another. There were only a few other couples that we considered approaching but the two couples that we were really interested in were also first timers and unfortunately things just never fell into place. Even though we didn't get to enjoy "all" that Hedo has to offer we had a great time re-connecting with each other. After seventeen years of marriage and three kids we needed this vacation more than we knew. We also have something to look forward to on our next trip to Hedo! Or before?

So to sum it all up: we were newbie prudes who dabbled a little on the wild (nude) side and loved it! The people at Hedo really made it wonderful for us. Everyone from the staff to all of the guests (prudes and nudes alike) made us feel welcome, comfortable, and most importantly free to do what ever made us feel good. You can do as little or as much as you like at Hedo and I think on our next trip we will do a little more!

We can't wait to go home again!

Tim and Sue

Thumbs up

Great first post, thanks for the trip report, it sounds like you had a blast. We are counting down the days until we get back home...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Excellent report. Glad you guys had such a good time. And you don't wanna do everything your first trip, gota have something to look fwd too for next time,
    Paul + kitten....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Great trip report. It sounds so much like our trip.