Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What to Pack

If your taking an i-Pod a cassette adapter for the boom box will most likely be needed as our in room boom box didn't have a line in.

Quote Originally Posted by badyj View Post
    If your taking an i-Pod a cassette adapter for the boom box will most likely be needed as our in room boom box didn't have a line in.
    I'm not affiliated with this company, I just have a plethora of their stuff:

http://www.otterbox.com/

they have waterproof cases for *everything*, esp. iPod cases..
    you *could* take them snorkling, but these things protect your investment even lounging by the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by dobnsdob View Post
    The first time we went, I spent a week on motrin carrying my wifes bags, the next time two days, this trip I think I might only need the motrin for a hangover. I pack t-shirts and boxers and toiletries. I wear pants only on the trip there and back, and I wear the same pair both ways. My wife packs a little more, but not much more, she has to have a different pair of pants for trip back, but she is a girl. Depends how you are, but I live in the buff or boxers all week, wife lives in the buff or lingerie all week. Ohhhhh, if you are a smoker, bring lots of your brand, sometimes you lose or soak a new pack, people bum them, and generaly you stay up a little later than at home more days in a row and smoke more becuase you are awake.
    Is Clothing Mandatory in any of the restaurants? How about the night clubs? I wanna be as naked as possible as often as possible...LOL!

you basically have to have the naughty parts covered while dining. it's the definition of "covered" that often gets blurred. see thru counts as covered as long as it's not clear plastic.

Doc
    Inactive profile. Messages and emails will not be answered.

Flip Flops, a cowboy hat, sunglasses, a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. The shorts and shirt is for wearing at night. Everything else is unconsequential.
    Excuse me while I whip this out.

Thumbs up Awesome Lists!

17 days and counting!!!! Thanks so much for these lists as a newbie I'm trying to get as much info as possible!

QUESTION ~ What's with the rafts??? Should I bring a blow up raft??

thanks for all the lists of items

CDC Update

Check here http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationJamaica.aspx#top for the latest on Jamaica.

Don't freak out, just be sure to pack bug spray with DEET. Dengue fever does not sound like a good thing.

Does anyone really go to the doctor to make sure you have all of your shots and stuff?

thanks jwell now you are making me panic!

November 3-9th 2007 - 1st Trip - H3
    June 18-22nd 2008 - Starfish Trelawny
    June 3-7th - H3

Just relax sweetheart27. Everything will be fine.

I only posted the link because I think information is a good thing.

Also, bring Benadryl in case a bug does bite.

Quote Originally Posted by jwell100 View Post
    Just relax sweetheart27. Everything will be fine.

I only posted the link because I think information is a good thing.

Also, bring Benadryl in case a bug does bite.

I have never taken benadryl before, I heard it makes you drowsy. . .I will bring bug spray though.

November 3-9th 2007 - 1st Trip - H3
    June 18-22nd 2008 - Starfish Trelawny
    June 3-7th - H3

We didn't take bug spray and didn't need it for the most part. Except for that one night we were getting busy on the swinging bed out by the nude pool (highly recommended). Got a couple bites from something or another. Then again maybe that was me biting her.
    Last edited by m&l; 11-02-2007 at 08:05 AM.

We've never had a problem with stomach related ailments in Jamaica. Now Mexico is another story. As long as we have off set our alcohol consumption with water, we have been good. As for Benadryl making you tired, it could also make you hyper. It just depends on you.

The Benadryl that I am referring to is a topical cream that I applied to bug bites last trip. You do not ingest this kind.
    Last edited by jwell100; 10-25-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast