Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could improve one food item.....

If you could improve one food item.....

Just wondering what other people's opinions are about the food at H3- we have never failed to find something we liked, but there always seems to be one or two dishes or items that left quite a bit to be desired- for me it would have to be the pizza at the midnight buffet, just awful imho, some good pizza after an evening of overinduglence would just totally hit the spot before an all night party at the nude pool .... anyone else have some input ?
    Nick (and the dirty girl Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

They always seem to run out of mushrooms at the omlette bar
    Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hmmmmm, is the pizza we had last year in Pastafari the same as the midnight buffet cuz after that long ride it sure hit the spot...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

i dont know about h3 but the sauted mackeral at h2 was pretty nasty (and i love fish)...........i wouldnt of fed it to my cat
    i have serious

desserts....I want them to taste as good as they look! (Well maybe I'm better off as long as they aren't very good! )

Bacon....usually too greasy in the mornings. Last trip much of the bacon looked nearly raw! and coated in grease.

When we were there two weeks ago, the midnight buffet had been scaled back and it was disappointing. Fruit looks like what was left at the bottom of the bowl after dinner and no pizza or jerk wings any night we were there. All they serve is some of the leftovers from dinner and some heated up, pre-cooked burgers. One staff member told Jim they are only serving leftovers now at the buffet.

I'd rather have just a couple of good items rather than a bunch of nasty stuff that got left behind at dinner because it wasn't tasty enough to be finished!

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

As always we never walked away from the buffet hungry. I think its one’s own fault if you can't find something to fill up on. But in general I think the food AND service at Hedo needs work. My wife and I invited 2 other couples to join us at Breezes for dinner one night as we wanted to reminisce about our wedding a few years ago. At first our friends were not too keen on the idea but once we got there we were all wowed. The beer was ICE cold, grounds were immaculate and the food was just out of this world. We never had to ask for drink refills because fresh cold beer always appeared in front of us when we returned to our table. We all made several trips for more food as we just could not get enough. They also had lobster which I rarely eat but I had two tails and my wife’s leftovers. The pasta bar somehow was 10 times better than the one at Hedo. The sad part of it all was the same gentleman managed the food service at both Hedo and Breezes. We did talk with him briefly and expressed our gratitude for the food and service and suggested the staff at Hedo take a field trip.

Ok forgive me for getting on my soap box here but I just had to share our experience and my opinion. (for what its worth)
    "If you can't be good, be good at it"-Jlaw

Quote Originally Posted by MaryW View Post
    Bacon....usually too greasy in the mornings. Last trip much of the bacon looked nearly raw! and coated in grease.

!
    We thought bacon was a staple at Hedo...lol
    "If you can't be good, be good at it"-Jlaw

I agree Bacon IS a staple at Hedo midnight or morning!!!!

It sucks to hear that they are changing the midnite buffet!! Every one I know loves it and it was sooo much better than the one at H2 where all you can get is some weird hotdogs, hamburgers and fries.

I cant think of one food I would change. I am easy to please as long as it doesnt taste awful....
    I take that back. I would change one thing the shrimp, especially the ones at the repeater party. It would be nice if they took the shells off them before cooking they so you didn't have to do it your self when you eat them.

It is surprising to hear that the food is sooo much better at Breezes considering it is the same Executive chef, and considering his background is from cruise ships. You think they could handle the smaller crowd better. Does anyone know if Joseph(from canada I believe) is still the Sous Chef at Hedo? He was usually the 2nd in control of the kitchen and 2nd dining room when Renford was not around. I did not see his name on the Managment list.
    Boston Jake
    Trip 8 ..... September BareAss Buccaneers 2007(H3).
    Trip 9..... August BareAss Buccaneers 2008(H3).
    Trip 10..... 8/15-23 BareAss Buccaneers 2009(H3).
    Trip 11....8/14-8/22 BareAss Buccaneers(was supposed to be H3 but they shut the ole girl down)
    Trip 12....August 2011 BareAss Buccaneers
    Trip 13....August 2012 BareAss Buccaneers
    Trip 14....August 10-18 2013 BareAss Buccaneers
    Trip 19 8/4-12 2018 SLIH
    Trip 20 8/3-11 2019 SLIH
    Trip 21 7/23-8/1 2022 SLIH

On our last visit there, they did not have calalloo all week. I was sooo disappointed, it's my favorite thing at breakfast! Beyond that, I agree about the desserts. They are gorgeous, and never as tasty as they appear.

My favorite items at H3 are the beef patties at the Reggae Cafe and the omelet bar. It's worth waking up before noon to get one of those omelets.
    d
    Hedo 2, March 15-23 with the HedoAmigos

(We were at II but I will chime in anyway because I am bored, cranky, and not at a nude pool)

Syrup for the tasty French Toast
    More than just the one bread option with dinner
    Do something with the potatoes so they arent always overcooked
    We actually never made the midnight buffett. Not sure what we were doing that we never thought to go over there.

other than that, the food was okay, we got most of our nourishment from the nude grill
    First Trip June 6 - 12, 2009

The ravioli at Pastafari could be improved. It tasted great, but you only got ONE ravioli. I've never seen just one served. It came after a long delay, and Reason and I could not stop laughing about 1 ravioli being served!
    H3 October 27- November 6, 2008; Judi and Reason's birthday trip, it was a blast

Not a huge fan of the Japanese restuarant.
    A steakhouse would be nice provided it is managed right.

Buffalo wings, chicken tenders, meatballs, finger foods, you know the sh%t that's bad for you would be nice to have on the midnight buffet. Nothing like eating bad when you are being bad - LOL

Mix it up some. This is our third trip coming up, the food was improved last November from May 07 but pretty much the same ole stuff. Some good, some left to be desired. It's not really about the money, it's more about variety and what you are good at.

Taking a look at how cruise ships offer different menus from all around the world would be nice. Mx it up.

Could we please mix it up a little and while we are suggesting, CAN WE MIX UP THE MUSIC. How much reggae/Jamaica'n music can one person stand.

ROCK THE HOUSE once in awhile.
    [U]GOOD FRIENDS - GOOD WHISKEY [/U]& GOOD LOVIN' - NEED I SAY MORE

Last trip they did not have any Conch soup at the Scotch Bonnet.
    Man that is some goooood soup when they have it.
    Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Last trip they did not have any Conch soup at the Scotch Bonnet.
    Man that is some goooood soup when they have it.
    Paul....
    Really? I'll have to look for that next time!

Seriously the bacon was AWFUL the week we were there. For the salad buffet it was always nicely done for toppings...but for breakfast most of the dish was full of greasy half-cooked rubbery bacon.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Oh yea, great soup guys, gota look for it. They have something at the airport at Jimmy Buffett's, but its a dif kind. The kind at the resort is out of this world.
    Paul....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast