Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the ladies about Brazilian wax....

Question for the ladies about Brazilian wax....

Ever had it done? My trip is days away and I am so tempted , but a little chicken! It would be nice to not worry about shaving though....... hmmmm

Hello, I have had it done a couple times, first time, hurt like hell, but the lady at the shop told me next time, take a couple Ibruprophens before. I did that and also had a rum and diet coke!!! really helped, yes it is painful, but it does not take that long and the results are great!!! You can either go full wax or landing strip... BTW the best way to find a good shop is to ask a stripper, they know all the good shops, clean, friendly, etc. Before I went the first time I went to the "local" strip clubs here in Daytona and ask. Girls were really great and offered advise too, ( that is where the rum and diet coke came from) . See all in Nov....
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

it hurts a little ... but no more than a razor nick ...

Used to have it done every three weeks ... loved it ... budget cuts took it out of the routine but a DEFINITE before I go to Hedo ... tried to do it at home DISASTER AND WAY MORE PAIN... get it done by a good professional.

And yes it is very worth it ... for numerous reasons!

Do it!! I started 3 years ago and wish I hadn't waited so long!! I go every 4 weeks and now there is very little re growth so it doesn't hurt at all!! You will love it!!!

Blog Entries
    You should get one... and make sure you have an exfoliating pad because after the 1st 48 hour shock and even more shock for you because it will be your first, the scrubbing must commence.

Your hair will grow back and you will want to avoid ingrown hairs... its possible you might see some growth by the time you have DIF at home. (some of it is new hair and some of it maybe hair that broke beneath the surface before the wax or sugar could pluck it... they hair down there tends to be a strong bunch!

Plus the hair that grows back will seem coarse because its piercing through the skin again and has yet to 'weather down' from the outside elements of clothes and sweat.

Zinc oxide or even Desitin will help as well as the "predose" whether is pain killers or a shot of vodka!

Let your practitioner know that is your first time, like previous posts mention make sure they have a great reputation. Some places cost more for a reason and some places are reasonable but for your 1st time nothing could be more valuable than the research... oh and a squeeze stress ball or gum wouldn't hurt either.

Good Luck and Good Licks!
    07/15-07/20

2010: 07/08-07/15@ H3 - 10/08-10/11@ H2 - 11/18-11/24@ H3

Newly Addicted & looking for a Second Job!

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Do it!! I started 3 years ago and wish I hadn't waited so long!! I go every 4 weeks and now there is very little re growth so it doesn't hurt at all!! You will love it!!!
    i agree w regrowth grows n lighter n lighter everytime. but it does hurt like hell. beauty is pain. u gota, only way 2 go n ur feel more comfortable n extra sexy. If afraid of full braz just get a nice landing strip...

So .... is brazilian BALD? I like to have a strip above the man in the boat- wink- but like it smooth everywhere else. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10 am. A place that is only a wax place [ for men and women] with a guarentee that if it isn't a great experience, you don't pay.
    Wish me luck! heee

Brazilian is totally bald, not just "down there" but "behind there" as well. So be careful what you ask for if you're not sure what you want done! A good practitioner can discuss all of this with you b4hand.

I've been getting waxed for 10 years ... legs and bikini and it is great. I barely notice on my legs when hair comes back in and usually just wax it myself, except b4 vacation. I used to do my bikini as well but I've gotten a little tummy in the past 10 years so it isn't as easy as it used to be to do on my own....I end up plucking them as it is easier & a yummy little bit of pain (plus after 10 years of nothing but waxing my hair is pretty fine).

Anyway.....waxing is great...but do find out what you want ... just a bikini with a landing strip or a Brazilian with all hair front & back gone.

Good luck!!

Liz
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 06-25-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Liz & Chris

My appointment is in one hour! eek! haha
    I will let you know how it goes!
    thanks!
    Naome

My wife is also having it done for the first time tonight at 7pm.....I'll let ya know how it goes.....
    Hedo II - June 23-30 2012
    Hedo II - June 18-25 2011
    Hedo III - June 19-27 2010
    Hedo III - June 28-July 5 2009

Perhaps this is just a 'male' POV...but...

I have often wondered how any woman could go into a Salon, sick that most private part of her anatomy out in the bare, and tell a complete stranger "Would you pull every hair you see?" AND PAY for the task!

Sometimes, all you can do is shake your head.

Quote Originally Posted by kws1949 View Post
    Perhaps this is just a 'male' POV...but...

I have often wondered how any woman could go into a Salon, sick that most private part of her anatomy out in the bare, and tell a complete stranger "Would you pull every hair you see?" AND PAY for the task!

Sometimes, all you can do is shake your head.
    Not to belittle your not understanding....but once you have pushed a 10 lb, 21" inch baby out of you in front of several strangers, and then had every intern, nurse, resident, LPN and maintenance man in the hospital come in to check on how you're doing 'down there'...it is pretty easy & a lot less painful to have one well trained woman tug a few hairs out of you & pay her a few bucks for the privilege.

Men!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

The lovely Lynn has it done about every 5 weeks. She is so awesome!
    First Trip June 6 - 12, 2009

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Not to belittle your not understanding....but once you have pushed a 10 lb, 21" inch baby out of you in front of several strangers, and then had every intern, nurse, resident, LPN and maintenance man in the hospital come in to check on how you're doing 'down there'...it is pretty easy & a lot less painful to have one well trained woman tug a few hairs out of you & pay her a few bucks for the privilege.

Men!

Liz
    As a former medic, you'd think I'd understand. Wasn't so much the modesty issue....but I have this thing about pain...

Thanx for the smile

The first time can hurt a lot... But a skilled job at a good salon will be much better and they work very quickly. The second time is sooo much easier, its hardly worth mentioning at all! Its definately worth it, and you will never want to go back to any other method once you do it! Sally Hanson makes a big round tub of microwave wax that works really well on any body part, but that is the ONLY one I have ever had any luck with using myself at home.. After you have been in to the salon a few times and everything is a bit finer and more sparse, you should give it a try at home. Its cheaper and easier, and you get an appointament any time you want:-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast