Thread: Last Minute Freak Out!

Last Minute Freak Out!

Ok so we leave in 6 days! We can't wait, but now suddenly I am thinking of a million things we could be overlooking. The most recent of which is...is the Electrical AC current the same in Jamaica as the states or do we need to take some sort of adapter to use them? I know this sounds stupid, but please put my mind at ease. In a mere 6 days you won't have to answer anymore stupid questions from me. And those of you that will be there, I will be the one looking completely lost with the totally hot redhead beside me. Buy me a drink and point me towards the party!!! Thanks in advance!
    Hedo II June '09
    Hedo II July '11 with the Fluffs!

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    110v same as home. Relax, you're over processing. It will turn out to be as natural and comfortable a vaca as you've ever had.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Thank you so much, just don't wanna get there and have something go horribly wrong.
    Hedo II June '09

Take a breath and relax...... I was the same way before our first trip. You'll soon find out you worried over nothing. As long as you have your passports, boarding passes and each other you'll be ok. If there is something you forget, just get it down there. You'll have a blast!

Registered User Chad and Brenda's Avatar

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

It's all good my friend. We will be watching out for you and your hot wife and will buy you your first drink. I started to get worried and then remembered this is supposed to be fun and relaxing. It will all work out!

You certainly want to make sure that all the toys will work when you plug them into the wall. LOL
    Chad and Brenda

Hedo2
    June 20-27

You got toys that plug into the wall???COOL... just kiddin, do not worry, be happy, once you get there you will understand. Have fun. See all in Nov.
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

As long as you have each other your ready for your trip. It is Hedo no worries it is all good.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

Thanks guys, you have all helped to put me at ease a little bit....See ya all soon!
    Hedo II June '09

buckyeyecpl, have a grt time and we look forward to your trip report when you get back. We'll be leaving in a few weeks and would love to get your input on the resort now that it is closer to our departure date!!!

It's 110 V and the plugs are the same. The only difference is that it's 50 Hz, not 60 Hz. This just means that chargers may run a little hotter, but they're designed to handle that. It also means that the background hum that we're accustomed to in the states will be a little lower in pitch.

Don't worry about things like this. Hedo is the best place on Earth to not worry about the things that go wrong. We've been there without luggage for days, had no Net all week, been minorly injured... and it's still been the best vacation ever, every time. No problem mon.

John & Carol
    "Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride." - Anthony Bourdain

I think most of us overstressed b4 our first trip...it's like a rite of passage or something. Thinking and rethinking every scenario and thing to pack.

The best thing you'll learn is 'it's all good' and *it* doesn't really matter (feel free to add any definition for *it*). So relax and enjoy the ride!!!!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Wow...you really MUST have some great accessories. And we were just making sure the batteries are all good to go!!! LOL.
    Go Big Or Go Home!

remember one thing... no problem, mon. We got so worked up the week before we finally left and things couldnt have gone better. Read the boards for packing lists, you will forget stuff but don't sweat it. Great Hedo people will help out. The worst thing that could happen is getting bumped to a boring place, its slow this year, you are safe. The second worst thing that could happen is your bags not get there, you are going the one place you could go a week without a stitch of clothing. (a towell will get you through the buffett without an issue.) It's hedo. Take a deep breath and mix up some fruit and rum and have fun!
    First Trip June 6 - 12, 2009

Cool

As stated above, the power is 110V but 50Hz, so your powered toys will not have quite as much oomph, but will run just fine.

Along similar lines, make sure you remove batteries from any toys. We had a rather embarassing moment at the gate returning home a few years ago when one of the wife's toys turned on, and we were asked to pull it out of the bag.