Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water Shoes???

well i have a fear of the ocean so i dont go in it so for me i dont need them. i would bring them just in case
    i have serious

i always bring water shoes, Cros. i'm on the beach often. i wear them while walkn n the water, but take off on floats. As well as around resort, u don't wanna walk around barefoot.

I have them and will be wearing them.

1st Timers Nov 28-Dec 5 09'

Registered User Chad and Brenda's Avatar
    Thanks so much for all the great advice!
    Chad and Brenda

Hedo2
    June 20-27

May be too late for you guys,

I would suggest them. I know they wreck the outfit, but they can save you alot of pain. I got what I thought was a small cut on my foot walking near the rocks. I didn't think much about it, after all what could I do about it. A few days later it was really hurting so I took a closer look at it and found a sea urchin spine. I removed it and the pain relief was instant. I have never gone in the ocean again without them. Plus, when your in the ocean nobody can see them any way.

Wouldn't go without them! We are on our 8th trip to Hedo and always have them with us. There are some rocks/coral in the water off the nude beach and I don't won't to nurse a cut foot - it cuts into a great time!

we brought our but never used them....several people did step on urchins while we were there so its not a bad idea....we didnt walk very far into the water but if your gonna i wouldnt let fashion win out over ruining a trip....we saw one guy in a wheel chair while everyone else was having fun....dont let this be you!!!

Registered User phillycouple621's Avatar
    I have to post here. Wife and I are debating water shoes. This seems completely 50/50...I didn't actually count, but have seen too many people say they saw someone step on an urchin and it ruined their vacation. Wife is worried about ruining her outfit.....I could care less, more worried about stepping on an urchin. She would rather pass on the ocean. Not me. What do you all think, today? I just read a trip report saying they saw a lot of urchins.

There's an old joke where we live... and I thought I would share it-

Q: What's the hardest part about wearing aqua-socks/water shoes?
    A: Telling your friends you're gay.

No offense intended....
    Nick (and the darling Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

i guess we're all different, but what does an "outfit" at the beach have to do with hedo? *lol*

i have seen far too many people step on sea urchins (including myself) to not mention the likelihood of stepping on one while at the beach. they are everywhere, especially near rocks. they (water shoes) aren't absolutely necessary, but at the same time if u have 'em, why not use 'em. many times the spines are in the foot only to be painfully discovered later after they have forced their way deeper.

Urchins are not a big hazard if you are aware. I would feel safer barefoot shuffling along carefully than tromping around recklessly in water shoes.
    I can feel em with my toes no problem and pick them up without injury. Really they are quite harmless as long as you don't step *on* them or squeeze them. Watch out if you are on or near rocks because if they are wedged in the rocks, as they like to be, they won't be gently pushed aside when you shuffle into them.

<edit>Yes, water shoes are not a bad idea, but be careful (shuffle) even with water shoes</edit>
    Last edited by Calliope; 03-23-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: clarity

Bring water shoes. I stepped on a sea urchin and got 15 spikes in my foot.

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    I think I look damn sexy in nothing but my water shoes!

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

Blog Entries
    I spent the last six days of our ten day trip in August with a sea urchin spine in my toe and believe me, it was uncomfortable. We leave in 18 days and I'm bringing water shoes, regardless of what I look like. If pink lingerie would protect me from sea urchins, I'd wear that too!

I *highly* suggest water shoes. The water in many places is not clear and you can't always see what is lurking in the plant life down there. On top of the fact that it provides much more protection.

It takes me a ridiculous amounts of time to buy shoes of any kind...it took me almost three MONTHS to find "acceptable" flip flops that didn't offend my sensitive feet. I found the best pair at sear's (land's end brand) and they greatly protect your toes, slip-proof, dry pretty quickly and don't cost an arm and a leg, especially if you find them at the beginning of the season on sale.
    they have adjustable pull strings and dry out pretty good. They're also pretty versatile back home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast