Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge dilemma

Huge dilemma

We are scheduled to be at Hedo III June 28th-July2. Sunday I was playing softball and shattered my wrist in multiple places. I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Unfortunately I didn't purchase trip insurance so we're SOL if we don't go. I can get a voucher for the plane tickets however by paying a fee. I just don't know whether to go ahead with the trip or just lose out on the money. I know its going to suck with a cast on my arm from my wrist to my elbow. The doctor didn't advise going, but he said it's up to me. I guess I'll just play it by ear the next few days. What would any of you guys do?

Go!!!!! You can wrap the cast up to keep it dry and hold your drink with the other hand!
    Buddy & Serife

Hedonism II Nov. 26-Dec. 2nd 2020

Too many previous visits to list!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsofuncpl View Post
    We are scheduled to be at Hedo III June 28th-July2. Sunday I was playing softball and shattered my wrist in multiple places. I'm scheduled for surgery tomorrow. Unfortunately I didn't purchase trip insurance so we're SOL if we don't go. I can get a voucher for the plane tickets however by paying a fee. I just don't know whether to go ahead with the trip or just lose out on the money. I know its going to suck with a cast on my arm from my wrist to my elbow. The doctor didn't advise going, but he said it's up to me. I guess I'll just play it by ear the next few days. What would any of you guys do?
    just to let you know my hubby had a acident 2 years ago we did not have ins. I just had to get a note from the doc took it to air port and we got all of our money back. and just got voucher for the resort. we did not have a problem. good luck
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

www.wildwomenvacations.com

I am not in your shoes..... However, if at all possible I would try and go. Especially, if I didn't have insurance on the trip. If it's just a cast and for the most part you are pain free.... I say you gotta go!! To be sitting here in North Carolina on the morning of June 29th thinking we just should have gone.... will be even more painful!!!
    Hedo II - June 23-30 2012
    Hedo II - June 18-25 2011
    Hedo III - June 19-27 2010
    Hedo III - June 28-July 5 2009

not sure about the USA... but here in Canada we can easily get a fiberglass cast...extra $30, but it doesn`t disolve in water...well worth the money. You still don`t want to get it wet as the inside would get quite nasty inside , but it will take care of the occasional `drop o`water`, and you can get it in some pretty nifty colors!!! Just ask the doctor to match the color to your pasties....lol
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Go for sure. I'd rather be at Hedo with or without all my body parts. The pain's the same where ever you are. Take a Magic Marker. That's a good way to meet people and remember their names later...
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Blog Entries
    You should go! June 28 will give you time to recover from any surgery drugs and the shock of all of it.

It will feel good to get away from it all and I bet you will get plenty of from the ladies you meet! All the signatures on the cast and possible lipstick stains will cheer you up when you stare at it.

It would be the biggest momento and could help the later.
    07/15-07/20

2010: 07/08-07/15@ H3 - 10/08-10/11@ H2 - 11/18-11/24@ H3

Newly Addicted & looking for a Second Job!

We would hate to see you guys not be there.I once broke my ankel and struggled for the next six months,but that was a couple of years ago.Buck up ,get a cast and drink some rum with me.Don't miss out on this fun.You will heal up in Jamaica or NC.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Blog Entries
    caughtyoulookin got it dead on right. The pain is the same where ever you are. You may need some help with your bags. If it were me, I'd go. In fact I don't think there is a better place to heal. Keep the cast dry! That cast should prove a great ice breaker.

Talking

GO!!!!!! with enuff Rum and more Rum you will feel no pain!!!!
    Bernard & Melissa Hedo bound 4/15/2017 - 4/22/2017 1st trip With Kitten and Angel, 2nd Trip with Kitten and Angel 04/07/2018-04/14/2018 10 th Anniversary Spring Fling

I say go....just be careful to keep your cast dry...bring your own bags or wrap to wrap it if it rains, etc. I'd likely stay out /away from the pool ... you don't want to get a big splash or something and the hot tub (sigh)...but just being away will be great. I think you would regret not going.

One November 2 of our friends were in walking casts....they still had a good time though difficulty in navigating on sand.

Just do it!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

I agree with all the other post, just GO, you can wrap up the cast to keep it dry, also if you live near a tractor supply type place, you can get the stuff they wrap up horses legs with when they travel, you can get them in all kinds of color and they will help protect the cast, get one of the local artist there to paint a small island scene and once it is removed you will have a great reminder of your trip... See all in Nov....
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Thumbs up

If you were putting this to a vote, it would seem you are going to Hedo. We have seen people in all phases of post surgery including a walking cast one year. Bring some bags, cover it up and as the Cars would say...Let the good times roll...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I would go, and just plan to get a replacement cast when you return... Figure the sweat from the humidity and the water... the cast will be pretty yucky by the time you get back.

Well, there ya have it!!! I guess we'll see ya on the 28th!!!!
    Hedo II - June 23-30 2012
    Hedo II - June 18-25 2011
    Hedo III - June 19-27 2010
    Hedo III - June 28-July 5 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast