Thread: American Airlines to Montego Bay

We live in Southern Indiana across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY.

American Airlines to Montego Bay

We will be making our first visit to Hedo II in Mid-August. We booked our trip in early February but have been waiting to make airline reservations. Since we travel alot for work and use American almost exclusively we have enough miles to cover one of the flights.

Our question is what time on Saturday morning is best to arrive in Montego Bay? We can get a flight out of Miami on Saturday that gets us into Jamaica at 9:30AM or travel from Louisville that morning and get there around Noon. Is earlier better.

Does anyone have any advice they can share? We also plan to fly from Mo' Bay to Hedo II. Will that make a difference?

Thanks for the help.
    Jim and Chelle

The sooner the better

Quote Originally Posted by HotWetWild View Post
    We will be making our first visit to Hedo II in Mid-August. We booked our trip in early February but have been waiting to make airline reservations. Since we travel alot for work and use American almost exclusively we have enough miles to cover one of the flights.

Our question is what time on Saturday morning is best to arrive in Montego Bay? We can get a flight out of Miami on Saturday that gets us into Jamaica at 9:30AM or travel from Louisville that morning and get there around Noon. Is earlier better.

Does anyone have any advice they can share? We also plan to fly from Mo' Bay to Hedo II. Will that make a difference?

Thanks for the help.
    Jim and Chelle
    Hello Jim and Chelle,

The sooner you get to Hedo the better.
    Keep in mind your room wont be available until 3:00 pm or so. But you leave your bags with the front desk, head to the bar for a drink, grab a bite to eat if you are hungry and find the nude pool, drop your clothes and never look back.

Or if you cant wait that long to get naked, head straight to the nude pool and grab a drink and a bite to eat there.

As far as a connecting flight to H-II, you'll have to check the Tim Air schedule.

Ciao for now,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I too would want to get there as early as possible.Every time I have gone,many times by taking the red eye flight, I would get to the resort by 8:30 am. Never a problem with the room.It was always ready.
    But grab yourself some breakfast and head out to Delroy's. I hate to waste a day on travel time.These days I book a day ahead and stay in Montego Bay ,and take the first ride out in the morning. I have not flown Timair yet.It's a bit pricey now.But I really enjoy the bus ride.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Hat Trick, we too prefer to get there the earlier the better. Hate long lines at Immigration and Customs and if the room isn't ready, the nude pool is still where we left it the last trip.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 06-10-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Earlier the better as others have said. I would not wait too long to book your air as there seems to be only a few frequent flyer seats on each flight in our experience with American. When we have used miles we have booked way in advance to get the flights we wanted....just a heads up! Enjoy the trip!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Blog Entries
    Ditto...earlier is always better. We have never had a problem getting our room, last trip we had our room key by 11:30am, we arrived at about 10:45am. We have never taken TimAir because we think it a bit pricey for a 15 minute flight, plus we thoroughly enjoy the bus ride...you get to see a lot of the small towns, people, coast line, the driver usually makes a beer stop, and we almost always meet a few nice folks on the bus who you just KNOW you gonna see each other naked soon!! LOL!!
    Next: H2 - Nov 5 - Nov 14 2015 Dirty Perv
    H2 – 5- 24 - 5-28-14
    H2 – 10 24 - Nov. 2 '14
    Desire - RM&Pearl – 6-26 - 7-2-14
    H2 – LVD 11 8 - 16, 2013
    H2 – Jul 22 - 31, '12
    H2 - Dec 5 - 11, '11
    H2 - Jul 22 - 29, '11
    H2 - May 28 - Jun 4 '11
    H2 - LVD Fest - Nov 13 - 20, '10
    H3 - Jul 23 - 26 '10
    H2 - May 29 - Jun 5 - '10
    H2 - LVD - Nov '09
    Gr. Lido & H2 May 2009 Wedding&Hnymoon
    H2 July - '06: H2 - Oct '07: H2 - May '08

Blog Entries
    Forgot to add that we flew (last year and this year's trips) from Houston to Montego Bay on American Airlines (using American Advantage Miles too) connecting through Miami and I must say that coming back through Miami Customs and Immigration is the absolute WORST of any airport!! They are always under construction and seem to be the worst planned airport I've ever seen. We must have walked 2 miles to get to Immigration through tunnels and stairs and alleys and valleys...it almost ruined my entire travel experience. We've returned home through Chicago Ohare and Houston IAH and those experiences were heaven compared to the nightmare at Miami!! Ughhh! Love the city...hate the airport.
    Next: H2 - Nov 5 - Nov 14 2015 Dirty Perv
    H2 – 5- 24 - 5-28-14
    H2 – 10 24 - Nov. 2 '14
    Desire - RM&Pearl – 6-26 - 7-2-14
    H2 – LVD 11 8 - 16, 2013
    H2 – Jul 22 - 31, '12
    H2 - Dec 5 - 11, '11
    H2 - Jul 22 - 29, '11
    H2 - May 28 - Jun 4 '11
    H2 - LVD Fest - Nov 13 - 20, '10
    H3 - Jul 23 - 26 '10
    H2 - May 29 - Jun 5 - '10
    H2 - LVD - Nov '09
    Gr. Lido & H2 May 2009 Wedding&Hnymoon
    H2 July - '06: H2 - Oct '07: H2 - May '08

Thanks for the info. Lots of good stuff here. ...and at Hedo II, we hope We appreciate all the feedback.
    Jim and Chelle

Looking at where you live, if its a direct flight from Louisville i would do that.
    Miami airport is the pits!

Unfortunately Louisville International Airport is "International" in name only. There are no international flights out of Louisville. The only way you can flight international out of Louisville is in a box

The direct flights are limited to Delta, Northwest, American and Continental hubs as well as a few Southwest direct flights.

After reading everything we have read here, we are strongly considering flying out a day before from DFW and staying in Mo' Bay the night before we are to check in at Hedo. Right now I'm waiting for Tim Air to get back to me on a quote to fly from Mo' Bay to Hedo.

Thanks again for all of the info folks.
    Jim and Chelle