Thread: Travel Requirements from the U.S.

Travel Requirements from the U.S.

My wife and I will be traveling to Hedo from the US in about a month. I want all my ducks in a row unlike my trip to Cancun last month as one of my ducks was not in a row Anyway I know we need Negative antigen tests from an accredited testing facility and the travel authorization form. I have a couple of questions; In the FAQ section of https://travelauth.visitjamaica.com/pdf/faq.pdf?v=1 it states "When can I request the travel authorization?" It states "the travel authorization form is to be applied for a maximum of 5 days before arrival to Jamaica. Then below that it states "How long is the travel authorization valid?" "for travelers from a high risk area (which U.S. is ) the travel authorization is valid for 10 days. This seem to contradict the first question. Do they mean you have to reapply for the travel authorization if your stay extends beyond 10 days from the date of your first authorization?

I know we will need to get tested 24 hours prior to departure, is there anything else I missed?

Thanks

So we just got back and it’s very easy and remember everything going off arrival date not departure date due to see leave on Thursday night but don’t arrive until Friday morning.
    On the visit Jamaica site you can input your date and it will tell you the earliest you can test. So for example we left Thursday and took the red eye and arrive Friday morning. We filled out the travel authorization forum Monday and we were able to test Tuesday. Second part of your question is no, you only need the authorization to get into Jamaica once in your good. The funny thing is no one ever asked to see that forum just our COVID tests.
    Then when you come back Hedo has a computer setup in the lobby for you to take the return COVID test. You can sign up for that when ever but you need to do that test the day before you leave. We made our appointment while getting checked in and that way it was done and we wouldn’t forget about it.
    Sounds like you are like me but let me tell you it was very easy to do.
    H2 June 7-13, 2015 Virgin Trip
    H2 May 21-29, 2016
    H2 June 9-16, 2017
    H2 June 9-16, 2018
    H2 Dec 15-22, 2018
    H2 June 9-15, 2019
    H2 May 30 - June 6th 2020 Canceled due to COIVD
    H2 Dec 16-20, 2021