Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel Agents ?

Travel Agents ?

Just curious as to what travel agents people have used. Here's the chance to share good and bad.

We booked our July trip through Denny P. this time instead of the local travel agent.

http://www.dennyp.com/dennyptravel/
    Suffering from DIF and looking for a cure

We used Denny for our trip.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

We have used first travel out of Las.Vagas for all but one of our trips. Our first trip we looked around and called a lot of TA and Robert has allways had the best prices for us.
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

www.wildwomenvacations.com

does denny p usually have better rates.
    IF QUIZZES ARE QUIZZACLE, THEN WHAT ARE TESTS?

We have used Denny and gone through Super Clubs direct. Super Clubs had a better price when combining airfare. Sometimes they can hook up with the airlines and give good deals.

Respect

Ray and Karen

We have found some really low prices through Funjet, leaving out of Chicago on Air Jamaica. It's a three hour drive for us but well worth it. We have gotten some quotes from Denny but never booked anything with him. An advantage with him is booking one of his tour groups, ie WWW.

Denny P

Just a personal opinion here but I don't care for the way Denny P conducts business. I supported and recommended him for years but recent events have caused me to change my mind.

I always recommend getting several quotes if possible. At times you can play them against each other and get a better deal. There is lots of compitition out there make them earn your money!

Superclubs runs specials if you fly Air Jamaica but usually we can find better from another travel agent. We like to go for 10 days and Superclubs prefers to book a 7 day stay with Air Jamaica as the air carrier. I like Air Jamaica but the only flight we can catch gets us into Montego bay late evening and we miss a whole day at the resort.

We have had excellent results using First Travel out of Las Vegas. The only other travel agent we used was Go Classy and it was okay but lacked the personal service we got from First Travel.
    Dave and Carolyn Jamaica Gemini's
    Because everyone has a naughty twin that comes out to play at Hedo!
    Oct 30th - Nov 7th 2009. Kink Week and Wild Women's Week.

Re: Denny P

Originally posted by Rebelwolf
    I always recommend getting several quotes if possible. At times you can play them against each other and get a better deal. There is lots of compitition out there make them earn your money!
    I try and make them earn their money, letting each know that I'm getting multiple quotes. But go with whoever sharpens their pencil and gives me the best deal initially. Same as when I'm buying anything. My reasoning is that anyone can match other prices (no pencil sharpening is really required), and I want to help the people that offer the best deals (without matching or beating methods) stay in business, showing them that it can be good business.

It's worked well for me on my last couple of vehicles... I tell them what I want, and that I'll buy from whoever gives me the best deal, and that I won't play the game of telling any dealer what the others were offering me.

It works for me. I checked around for this trip (20 more sleeps!) and when I booked the Canuck Buck was not as "strong" as it is now. Made going for a Canadian deal a bit better at the time. When I look now at the rates that Denny etc were offering, even with the conversion, I could have probably saved a few bucks. Different than when I booked. Oh well... all paid for now.

Unhappy superclubs

I booked by calling the resort direct, I wish I had gone thru an agent. They spelled our names wrong and then said that they would charge us rebooking fees!

We've used Go Classy a number of times. They have always had the best rates and great service.

Carol Cox
    http://www.cyberhedo.com - Virtual Hedonism

travel agents

Tropical Destinations Travel always gives us the lowest rates!
    www.tropicaldestinations.net

Registered User Parracky Parrot's Avatar

Bookings

How late can you put off making a booking before you run the risk of not getting a room at Hedo? Three weeks before flight date, three months, any suggestions?

Thumbs down travel agents

I think it can depend a lot on where you are originating. If you are fortunate enough to be coming from a city with nonstop flights or frequent charters, there are more options. Coming from Seattle, it's complicated and you need an agent who will put some time into checking out alternatives, and these can change from year to year. Last year, I went thru several different agents to get quoted, most of whom gave me HORRIBLE flight connex. Eventually booked thru US Air. This year we am using frequent flyer miles to get there, so we pretty much "bid" the room.
    Alex & Laura: H2 Dec 4-13 2009
    There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning - Jimmy Buffet

It will also depend on when you are going. The resort is more crowded at certain times of the year...and even sometimes just down to certain weeks of the year.

Registered User Parracky Parrot's Avatar
    I try to use online flight services whenever I can, but the results would do justice to the stock market.
    I have been looking at a few sites this week, putting in the same time and destination data, and getting a big swing in prices - everywhere from $1300 to $1800 (CAD) this week alone. And in most cases, a stop-over in LA works the best for me.

So, like a stock, I would like to buy low now, and fly high later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast