Thread: cancun recommendations...

cancun recommendations...

Hi there,

It is not Hedo, but we found an outrageous deal to cancun (299pp air from O'hare +3 nights all-inclusive)
    Anyways, we have limited time there, does anyone have any recommendations for must -do? I want to see the cenotes, Reason wants to see whale sharks...
    H3 October 27- November 6, 2008; Judi and Reason's birthday trip, it was a blast

This reply might be a little late, but we are a fan of Cancun. We've been to Temptation Cancun and it was a lot of fun with ongoing activities at the pool and quiet calm lagoon water to do water activities. There is an adult pool that plays club music all day and plenty of activities, but everything ends around 8pm. They promote their club package for the night time which is what we do, because we love to dance and enjoy nightlife. Coco Bongo is a must do. As for day time, do a trip to Xcaret or to the island of Isla Mujeres. Hope that helps!

We are big fans of desire resort about 20 min south of cancun. Just as friendly as Hedo, better food, same nightlife and similar theme nights to Hedo, but you also have the option of the local clubs. The difference is there are beach beds and lounge chairs on the beach. The whole resort is clothing optional. Couples only are allowed. There is no pool bar, but they have a waitress that walks the pool all day taking drink orders and delivering them poolside, but there is a swim up bar at the rooftop hot tub. Desire is a lifestyles resort, so they do offer a playroom off the disco.

We have a vanilla friend who visited Secrets Maroma recently, and while it is not a lifestyle resortit looks amazing. They had nothing bad to say about the food, service, and the people. If you are not looking for a strictly lifestyle type resort- this one is 18 and up by the way- it might be worth looking into. I particularly like the look of the jr swim up suites.
    Nick (and the sexy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Whale Sharks in Cancun?

Cancun is a little far north for whale sharks. Belize is the area to see them and usually near Placencia. They migrate there in March, April and May primarily. The dive shops specialize in trips at that time of year. When we owned Barefoot Watersports in Belize, we were booked a year in advance.

Off the coast of Cancun near Isla Mujeres there is the cave of sleeping sharks. It is a nice dive and one of the only places on earth that you can see sharks asleep.

If you find whale sharks, let me know. In over 30 years of diving I've only found them in Belize and the Sea of Cortez.

Have fun, Cancun is what you make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoc7154 View Post
    Cancun is a little far north for whale sharks. .

This is incorrect. We have friends that see the whale sharks yearly at Isla Holbox approx 1-1/2 hr. north of Cancun. It is actually in the Gulf of Mexico.
    Hedo2 Nov. 2007
    Hedo 2 Nov. 2008
    WWV OCT 31 -NOV 7 2009
    Hedo 2 Oct 30-Nov. 6 2010

PLEASE TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!!

Agreed with justeasy...if you're looking for whale sharks, Isla Holbox is the place (north of Cancun).
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by snowfire View Post
    Hi there,

It is not Hedo, but we found an outrageous deal to cancun (299pp air from O'hare +3 nights all-inclusive)
    Anyways, we have limited time there, does anyone have any recommendations for must -do? I want to see the cenotes, Reason wants to see whale sharks...
    Where can I find info. about he deal you got? We are from Chicago as well.

We got that deal back in June when they lifted the travel restructions from swine flu. I have checked, but I have not found a deal that good since.

It was a great trip, we stayed at Barcelo Costa. I'd recommend the resort.
    H3 October 27- November 6, 2008; Judi and Reason's birthday trip, it was a blast