Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Smoking Policy

Thumbs down No Smoking Policy

Just returned from H2. New policy went into effect on May 1st---No smoking in the Terrace Restaurant at any time. When I asked the Manager about it, the "Ministry of Health" came in (secondary to some complaints), thus the new policy. I asked if it was in effect at HIII and was told, "I'm not sure."

What I don't understand is that the Terrace is open---not closed off! Just an FYI for everyone.......

Le Ann

"Life is Too Short.....Party and Dance Naked!"

AH the freedom..lol...we don't have to worry about it any more thank god...3 1/2 months weed free..
    But for years we did smoke and Jamaica had very lax policies compared to home...we did enjoy the freedom to pretty much smoke where we pleased much to the chagrin of the non-smokers....
    Seems like times are a changin'
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    What is the Terrace Restaurant ?
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cnjcpl4whatever View Post
    What is the Terrace Restaurant ?
    Its the buffet.

Curious, I wonder if that applies all the time or only to meal times since the main stage for entertainment is there as well...along with the connecting bar...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As a smoker, I don't mind showing a little respect for non-smokers and stepping outside to the prude pool for a smoke. Some people have a real problem with second-hand smoke. It's irie.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Smoking is also now banned in all the restaurants at Hedo III. We just got back on Thursday and it was in effect then.

Returned from HIII in April and no smoking in buffet piano bar and disco. I was told in in the piano bar by the bar tender. Damn The No smoking police even made it to HIII

I am totally fine to not smoke in the restaurants.. i get it. But, you cannot smoke in the bars now? Guess Hedo has become California.. I can even smoke in bars here in GA. Oh well...

Gspot
    AWOL in Hedo
    7/30-8/9

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm.....It did get a little smoky in the piano bar some nights...we would have to leave if they did not have windows propped open. My wife is allergic to the smoke. It kills her eyes and gives her a tremendous headache. I think most people would not mind to step outside for a second. Most bars are in the open so no problems.

No smoking in the disco?! All I can say is fantastic. I couldn't stay in there for more than 10 minutes without having to go outside and breathe a little. I have a bad reaction to tobacco smoke. So count me in for completely agreeing with the new policy.
    Last edited by smile; 05-03-2009 at 06:56 PM.
    We love Hedonism II

As a nonsmoker (never have even tried it), I read with glee that the policy is now in effect at III as well- we have friends who are considerate smokers, but even considerate smokers cannot help but completely fill up the piano bar when more than a couple are smoking. I for one am glad about it- but it does seem excessive to ban smoking in the open terrace area, as I recall it is even more openly ventilated than the buffet area at III. We were at II a couple years ago when someone lit up a joint after lunch in the terrace area and the only reason he stopped was because another guest almost got physical in confronting him- how things have changed....
    Nick (and the lovely Kerry)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

I'm a nonsmoker and looking at the recent increase in price I don't think I could afford to smoke....It's highway robbery.

Anyways, as a nonsmoker this is good news to me. I don't mind smoke, but I can only handle it for so long before my eyes start burning and I have to leave the area.
    Dec. 24th - Jan. 2 (ringing in 2013)
    Post end of the world party!

I do not mind the no smoking except in the buffet but since we have seen the same show over and over we will eat and head back to the pool or jacuzzi in the end this saved me from seeing the same shows again.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

I quit smoking almost 3 years ago, Mr Bum quit 02. I am glad they stopped smoking at the Disco, it got VERY thick in there. The terrace, not so bad, but even when I smoked, I went outside, or sat way at the end by the open doorway . I hope that also applies to cigars and pipes, there was a man there last year with the most stinking cigar I have ever smellled. Quite a few people complained. That was the first time I have ever seen anyone complain at Hedo. Anyway cannot wait to get back. See all in Nov...
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    We are both smokers and have always been considerte of those around what ever we happen to be smokin at the time I just hope that the policy dosen't effect the rest of the resort. Like the hot tub or the pool, because the would really suck. 6 days and a wake up yyaaahhhhooooo !!!!
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast