Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Private transfer to Hedo III

Smile Private transfer to Hedo III

We normally take the SuperClubs bus from the airport to Hedo III. We're considering hiring a private transfer or cab for our upcoming trip May 20-24. Some friends did this for their last trip and it got them to the resort much faster. We love taking the bus... it's all part of the experience, Russ. The beer stop, guessing who is going to which resort, it's all fun. But since this trip will be a short one, we're hoping to maximize our naked time.

Any recommendations on a taxi or transfer company?

Thanks in advance!

R & D

I am not sure about going to HIII, but there is a air shuttle (timair) that takes to HII, maybe they go to HIII also??? Have fun.
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

we're considering renting a car & visiting a HEDO.
    driving in JA is an adventure! we had 7 people in a Saturn once.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrah View Post
    we're considering renting a car & visiting a HEDO.
    driving in JA is an adventure! we had 7 people in a Saturn once.
    Are you counting the two in the trunk?
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    We normally take the SuperClubs bus from the airport to Hedo III. We're considering hiring a private transfer or cab for our upcoming trip May 20-24. Some friends did this for their last trip and it got them to the resort much faster. We love taking the bus... it's all part of the experience, Russ. The beer stop, guessing who is going to which resort, it's all fun. But since this trip will be a short one, we're hoping to maximize our naked time.

Any recommendations on a taxi or transfer company?

Thanks in advance!

R & D
    I have contacted the two taxi companies that run to Hedo 3, we too are are looking for a faster, less stops ride. I was quoted 90 by one and 80 by the other for 4 people from Montego Bay to Hedo 3. Here are the sites I contacted http://www.jamaicatoursltd.com/ and http://www.jcaltours.com/welcome.htm I mailed them, told them how many people and where we wanted to go, let me know if this works for you. If you do use them, please let me know which one you chose and how the service was on your return.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Well, for those who haven't been in a while... the road is paved and the trip is alot smoother and faster than those who have been in the past!

Dee and I shared the bus with 1 other couple directly to H3. We did the stop at the side of the road rum bar. Took an extra 30 minutes, no biggie! Besides it gave me a chance to get a couple more drinks and start feeling good before I got there. The really GOOD Rum. I do not see the extra money as any where near worth it!

I guess we got spoiled for the last 6 trips flying the red eye outta LAX, no lines at immigration or customs and no one on our bus to Hedo for the most part, we never stopped for a beer or anything since it was usually just us or another couple or two going to Hedo. No traffic at 7 to 8 AM to mention, we were usually there by 9-9:30. With a later arrival since AJ no longer flies out of LAX, mid day traffic and more people on the bus to have to get back on at beer stops. Stopping at resorts to drop people off and the 80-90 buks split between 4 people, I will pay for the faster get there...

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

We've been using Bugsy for years. 876-371-4069. $80 each way up to 4 people, he has a 16 pax van for larger groups, $20 a head each way. He's a JUTA driver based out of Breezes and has a couple other drivers working for him. Great guy.

Even with the highway done, you'll never get us on the bus again. This reminds me, I need to call him and set up our arrival in 2 weeks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by edotree View Post
    Even with the highway done, you'll never get us on the bus again.
    I am so with getting to the resort as fast and as safely as possible to get the party started there.

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

We tried last July/August to travel by private vehicle to the resort but our driver never showed up at the airport.

We had made reservations via email (no money was sent), based on a recommendation.

We never heard from the driver again.

Oh well. We ended up getting a van taking just the two of us to the resort since it was so late (most of our bags did not arrive and it took forever to get the paperwork processed).

On the way back we did not even worry about trying to arrange transportation we just took the bus.

The fun part about the ride back was getting on a bus that was half full of travelers coming from other resorts. There was the "oh so that is what people that go to hedonism look like" feeling as we got on. I think there were some bus passengers that were surprised that (most of us) were fairly normal average looking people.

We sat near a couple that had stayed at one of the boring resorts. We talked much of the way back to Montego Bay. My wife and i joked about how we should get a commission from SuperClubs as I think the other couple was very much considering going to H3 for their next vacation.

We had been to H3 twice before - both times taking the bus. The bus ride does seem to take forever.

One thing that does help pass the time is to play the game of "just who is going to Hedonsim" (we were surprised at which passengers went to Breezes vs Hedonism).

On our first trip to Hedonism we played that game on the airplane. There was a couple sitting one row up from us - we were sure that they were not going to Hedonism - he was attired like a banker and she was in an over-sized sweater. About half hour after arriving in the resort we were pleasantly surprised when they came up to our table as we were grabbing a bite to eat (they must have gotten on a different bus) (we then saw them about an hour later as my wife and I took our first naked steps at the resort - they just happened to be right there in front of us as we removed our towels).

We then realized that they probably would not have guessed on the plane that we were going to hedonism as well.

We are going back in October. I think we will probably just take the bus - might be fun to play the "just who is going to hedonism game again' - or perhaps another game "just who do we WANT to be going to hedonism game".

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CplJustHavnFun View Post
    We tried last July/August to travel by private vehicle to the resort but our driver never showed up at the airport....

We had made reservations via email (no money was sent), based on a recommendation.....
    Was it with the taxi folks or someone else?

I guess the good thing would be there is always the Super Clubs Shuttle.

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

we enjoy the bus, but then...

We also know folks who are regulars and who always take a limo. Not necessarily all that much quicker, they 'always' stop at one of the fancy golf clubs along the way and have a liesurely lunch there. Mostly that they have taken the bus too many times.

We don't go several times a year like they do, and we think of the bus as part of the intro to being on Jamaican time. If you are in a hurry, you are not in the zone yet. Enjoy the bus and meet some people on it, and we don't gripe about the stop, sure the driver gets some kinda commish from the stop, BUT SO DO BUS DRIVERS IN THE U.S.

We went last August and took the transpotation provided by Superclubs. We stopped at two resorts to drop people off and then no other stops. We will do that again, unless you fly I don't think we could have got there much quicker even with private transport, but that just our experience. Rich

I arrived a day early and told Superclubs desk that I was staying at Toby's resort.(nice I might add).I asked when the 1st bus out in the morning was and she said around 11:00am. I replied that is too late ,she then called a driver who had to go into Negril to pick up a fare and then booked me on his drive out to Negril.It went perfect,picked me up at 8:30 am and was having breakfast @ 9:30 @H2
    I really enjoy the bus ride as it is part of the experience.
    We did H2 and H3 on this trip. The road to H3 is far better. The 3 of us had our own huge bus, we road in style. The way back the driver stopped @ 3 other resorts and a pee pee stop , Still got to the airport on time.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

We took the bus and it was so fun. Yes, the hairy eyeballs were hilarious. We played the "who is going to Hedo" game too and it made the ride go by a bit quicker.

Cpl-you've got to watch out for that "banker attire". You never know what we have going on under that conservative banker skirt suit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast