Thread: Not Hedo related

Not Hedo related

As many of you know, I am currently deployed to Iraq with the US Army(22 years).

Well after over 150 mission in just over 5 months...we got hit the other night!
    My convoy took an RKG-3 HEAT Grenade to the front truck, I was the Convoy Commander in the rear truck(BTW the rear has been the truck they have been hitting routinely).
    No one killed or seriously injured but I did have one of my NCO's MEDEVAC'd to BAMC in San Antonio for burn treatment.

It seems as though I will also be losing 2 more of my Soldiers.
    The incident has played hell on their mental state, and probably will not be back out on the road. They have gone back out to face their demons and NOPE cannot go back out!
    PTSD or whatever label you want to put on it.
    Just like a Motorcycle rider who has a bad crash and never gets back on a bike.

I LOVE MY GUYS AND GALS!! These Soldiers are the best I could ever ask for!

The attack resulted in 8 purple hearts. Shrapnel wounds but all will PHYSICALLY recover and 7 were Returned to Duty, with most of them back on the road in a couple days.

I let you know this not for your sympathy but I know many of you are veterans and also support veterans and current military organizations. WE APPRECIATE ALL YOU DO!
    Keep up the support! Bad things can happen to anyone at anytime and anywhere.

LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST EVERYDAY!
    TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED!

See y'all at H2 in 31 DAYS! (25-31 May 09)

Carl

Blog Entries
    Hi Carl,

Thank you for sharing and Thanks to all of your Guys and Gals. Although I am Canadian, I appreciate everything that you guys are doing for the US, Canada and the World.

I am so thankful that no one was seriously harmed, at least in this attack. My God! How you all do it, I will never know or understand.

Salut to you,

Now you are almost done over there. Make it back in one piece so that you can party like a rock star at Hedo.

Take care,

JulieD

Hey Carl, God bless you and all of your "guys and gals". What you are doing is much appreciated. Hang in there and keep your head down.

Carl we will over lap with you at Hedo for the last day of your trip and hopefully we will get the chance to talk with you and say thanks for everything that you do in person. I can only image how hard it must be on everyone serving in Iraq and their families. My brother was a C-17 pilot in the Air Force for 18 years and just got out about a year ago. I have seen how hard the long deployments can be on a family and everyone involved. Please stay safe and hopefully I will get the chance to buy you a drink at Hedo.

were here because you are there,,as a canadian vet proud as hell of all of you guys and gals,only wish i was going to be at hedo same time ,id buy ya a ton of beer
    gotta go then you'll know lol!

Hey Carl, I do not know the right words to say, I think God every day that you guys and girls are there protecting us and our freedoms. Yesterday was a hard day for me and my family. My nephew Sgt Randy Marshall, (82nd Airborne) and alot of his squad was killed in Iraq in a bombing in 2007. It is very hard for me, I am VERY PROUD of him and everyone else that has or serving. I just want to let you know and all that serve beside you to stay safe, hurry home.
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Carl, Thank you and all of your fellow soldiers for your service and great sacrifices. Next week I will be at HII and we will toast you at the nude pool bar. That is a promise! Get back safe!!!!

Carl,

We are sorry to hear about the attack and are glad no one was killed. Christina and I would like to thank you and all your fellow soldiers for doing what you all do everyday. We appreciate it! Wish we could be in H2 with you and Dee...someday, my friend...someday

THANK YOU for your service. Freedom is not free.

I know that you aren't looking for sympathy. Prayers go out to the medevaced NCO and family. It is unfortunate that most Americans don't see or know all that goes on over there. Even more unfortunate is that there are some that don't care. I hope that you have a wonderful visit to Hedo and forget about everywhere else in the world. Thank you for all that you do and have done.

Joe & Ellen
    Proud parents of an Infantry E-4 headed to A-stan

If any of you want to do something to help military charities that support all men, women and children of troops themselves and their families, visit www.defendingfreedom.org. If nothing else, spend a few dollars and buy a wristband that says "Pray For Our Troops...Defending Freedom". These wristbands are going to everyone of our family members at his sendoff just before deployment.

Carl

1st, I'm glad to hear you are well. Words cannot express the gratitude my family and I have for you all fighting to ensure we remain safe here in the U.S and ultimately all over the world. Thank you and the soldiers for your altruism and dedication to us, may God grant you all safe tenures as well.

Peace

From London U.K.

From the U.K. we say hooray for all that you do.

Right now there is a massive campain in the U.K. to support injured U.K. servicemen named 'HELP FOR HEROES'. The USA has got invloved and played a great part in giving the injured ladds and laddies support upon there return to the U.K. and a cilvilian life.
    My brother and two of my best friends are running the London marathon to raise funds for this great cause - I could not run for a bus if my life depended on it but I will be there come rain or shine to cheer them to the finish line.

God Bless, Good Health & Good Luck

Eastenders

Carl,
    God Bless You and your soldiers!

Be safe. Enjoy your R&R.

BigDave

Navy retiree after 21 years.

Thumbs up

Thanks for your service.

Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

USAF/SP Retired

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Profound thanks to you Carl. Where I'm from there is great pride in our country and our military. Prayers are lifted up daily, minute by minute for our servicepeople all over the world. Please pass along my thanks and gratitude to all your people and everyone. May God bless you and keep you.
    Sex is like crying; if you do it right, it ain't pretty