Thread: First Timer Trip Report

First Timer Trip Report

Upon arrival it looked like I would be disappointed. The main dining area was open-air and not air-conditioned; the nude pool was too small to swim in and the nude beach was too shallow to swim in. It seemed there were groups of people at the pool and we might have trouble getting involved.
    Things changed in a hurry and it turned into a great experience.
    THE PEOPLE
    I don't know how it happened but along the way I became old. I am 57, my wife is 53. She is in great shape, she keeps me in okay shape but some parts of aging can't be stopped. Therefore, the vast majority of the scores of people we befriended were younger than us, but that didn't stop them from being very nice to us. I only met one jerk, who I was suspicious about but who confirmed it one early morning at the pool with only a security guy and myself as witnesses.
    I was wondering why so many people there were good or great singers. There was Kara, Shelley, Christine and Jeff (more about them later), Wendy (I won't be able to listen to Hit Me With Your Best Shot or YMCA again without thinking about her) and Andy, Rob, the other Jeff and probabaly a few more. Perhaps those who are willing to get up and put forth their voices are more willing to go to Hedo.

I will mention Christine and Jeff by name because (1) they post on this forum, and (2) I couldn't think of anything bad to say about them.
    Christine is truly a warm, friendly, happy person. The eyes you see in her photos are just as amazing in person. By the way, she is absolutely gorgeous. Jeff is a nice, funny, guy who shared my appreciation of the Waterslide. If you look in his eyes you can see he realizes what a lucky guy he is.
    One thing about being there is you don't get a chance to be friends with everybody. I spoke to the French and German couples but never made a connection with the Russians. I have never been to Russia and do not speak Russian at all. I probably should have thought of something to break the ice. We even had one go on a scuba trip with us.
    Our day of departure I met the Orthopod from Key West. I knew he was there our entire stay because his girlfriend was the first one to take my breath away. She did not have what you would call a voluptuous body; she had what I would call a perfect body. Evidently having your breath extracted from you make a noise, as during my initial gaze at her my wife said "stay away from her". I regret taking that so literally. The Doc was a nice guy and funny, and she was, well, perfect.
    Also on the last day we met the couple from Virginia, originally from Hawaii. We met on the bus back to the airport. She sat on the jumpseat in the middle next to me. I offered her my seat as it was probably more comfortable. She turned me down. My wife noted afterward that I should have offered to change with her Husband who sat in the jump seat next to my wife so all 4 of us could sit next to our respective spouses. I am glad that thought never entered my brain. She was very beautiful. I had seen her at the resort--- 57 times- I could be off by a couple. Maybe it was good we didn't speak during our stay as we didn't run out of things to talk about for the trip back to the airport. Was she fun to talk to? The trip from Hedo to the airport seemed to take about 10 minutes. She might have been thinking "Finally". I was thinking "Oh no, are we there already?". That was with the conversation being interrupted by a sudden stop that propelled some luggage into her neck and head. I convinced her that she was all right to resume the our discussion.
    THE STAFF
    I never had a water glass get empty. Everyone was friendly and helpful. My wife feigned anger over my flirting with G.G.. Flirting with Kata was okay because my wife heard her threaten to whip my butt. I would have liked them to have been around more and get up a volleyball game but I suppose they had to devote some time to learn their dance moves for the evening entertainment.
    OUR ROOM
    I had no complaints with our room. It was large enough. The sink had plenty of space. The A/C, TV and shower all worked great. I slept through every night.
    THE ACTIVITIES
    The gym was good. My wife loved Rosemarie's yoga class and went every day. We walked the beach a good ways the first 2 mornings. We did bocce, beach olympics, and hole in one. We did rock climbing for the first time and Michael made us feel very comfortable doing it. We snorkled once and went out on a Hobie Cat and kayak. The big thing though was scuba diving. That was the best setup I had ever seen at a resort for scuba. It was very easy. The tanks, BC's and regulators were on the boat. We just had to carry mask and fins. It went like clockwork and the dive masters were very professional. AND IF YOU WERE CERTIFIED IT WAS FREE. If I get to go back it will be because of the yoga and scuba. We didn't have wetsuits but didn't need them. We went down 55 feet and never got chilled the least bit.
    Can't forget the 3:00 p.m. waterslide. It was better without GG or Kata. They made a contest out of it and due to my feeble splashes and my wife's refusal to scram we were eliminated early. When Shannon organized it we stayed as long as we wished. No matter how many people started, after a dozen or so turns it would end up being just Jeff, my wife and myself.

We regret not going on either cattamarran trip. We heard good things.

THE FOOD
    I had no real complaints about the food. We were told not to expect the Japanese restaurant to be as good as Benihanas, but quite frankly, I didn't see any real difference. I missed a bet at the Italian restaurant as I heard later the tenderloin was outstanding. I had an okay fettucine carbonara al pollo. Otherwise the buffet was about what you would expect. It was fun to try curried goat. My wif tried the braised oxtail. I wish I had tried the pasta station earlier. I had that our last night and thought it very good. Desserts were too good. I am sure I put back 8 of the 9 pounds I had lost during Lent. The blue cheese dressing and the cheese in the omelet I had could have been stronger, but that is not much to complain about.
    The jerk chicken at the grill was very good, I have to be exact as to the amount of sauce on each bite, and have a drink handy. The burgers were not very good.
    THE ENTERTAINMENT
    We enjoyed Winston a lot. He reminded us both of the emcee from The 5th Element. The Drum show was really good and we thought the dancing was well done. Sometimes the music was loud for us (did I mention we are old?) so we would listen to it while we played ping pong or pool. We both like "Unchained Melody" but I think we heard it 5 more times than we needed to.
    We never went into the disco (did I mention we are old?) The Piano Bar was fun though we rarely lasted past midnight.
    SO WHY HEDO II?
    Our old house was shaped like a U with the pool in the middle. Very easy to go skinny dipping, which I enjoyed. Our new house required me to be creative about ensuring privacy but I can now skinny dip and nude sunbathe there too.
    I also believe the nude female form is beautiful and to be admired. I believe God, or Charles Darwin, or somebody did that on purpose. Some people may consider that crude, crass, or boorish, but I would invite such people to stroll 8 hours through The Louvre and report back to me what the greatest artists of the ages considered the most common subject when they were applying paint to canvas or what they were leaving chiseled from stone when trying to create something beautiful. I believe I am in good company. Just like when I was at Hedo II.

Registered User Chad and Brenda's Avatar

Fine Report

Great trip report!

With our virgin trip coming up soon Brenda and I really enjoy reading all the TR's. This one was well written too.

Thanks so much!
    Chad and Brenda

Hedo2
    June 20-27

Thumbs up

lol...great report, thanks for sharing your thoughts....get ready for the now...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Thanks for the trip report....I enjoyed it very much!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Great report especially the last part about "Why Hedo II?" I agree the female form is something to be admired. God made it beautiful and made us designed to enjoy it.

Glad to hear tthe place is still living up to it's reputation! Great report!
    Chris and Sarah
    HII - `97, `99, `08
    currently planning 4th trip to paradise!

Talking

Great report. Glad you guys had fun. Yes Winston is the greatest....The Ec's really try their best to make your vacation the best ever. I agree that the female body is beautiful to admire, but the male body is pretty darn good too. See all in Nov.
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

I reread my original post and decided there were two things I needed to clear up.
    I do not gawk at, leer at, or ogle women. What I do is similar, but more sophisticated. Let's call it "studious visual appreciation".
    Secondly, to be fair, my wife did not attempt to hide the fact that she lusted after Brady.

Thank you for taking the time to write this, really enjoyed reading it. We have taken the plunge and booked our first ever trip for Sept this year and it's great to read reports like this.

Cheers!