Thread: rules for staff members

rules for staff members

I have read a lot of post which state that the staff or workers would proposition women when hubby wasn't around. This didn't happen on our stay, but I was just curious if off duty staff were allowed to enter guest rooms if invited.
    Naked people have nothing to hide.

Our trips

First, great photo of the lady half of big blue nation. We did not notice anything like you described on our last trip. We head back next week and will see. We enjoy the staff there, but did not see anyone to bring back to our room. Cheers!

I was told by an employee that they are not permitted on the resort when they are not working.
    Steve and Melissa

Virgin Trip - MILF Week @ Hedo III, 2009/01/03 thru 2009/01/10
    2nd Trip - MILF Week @ Hedo III, 2010/01/02 thru 2010/01/09 **Married on January 6th, 2010
    3rd Trip - Hedo II, 2015/04/20 thru 2015/04/27
    4th Trip - Hedo II, 2016/04/25 thru 2016/05/02

When we were at HII in April, 2007 on a one night pass, my wife was approached several times near the bathroom by staff. They would say, "Do you want to party"? And when she said no, then they would try to sell her drugs. Rather irritating. But I still love Hedo.

Staff are not allowed in your room with the door shut even if invited (you might notice the bellman always leaves the door open when he brings in your bags). Staff can be fired for mixing it up with guests. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but those are 'the rules.'
    Liz & Chris

Workers

We were at HII in Dec 08. My wife was approached by a worker and propositioned. He was a musician in one of the bands that provided evening entertainment so I don't know if he was necessarily an employee of the hotel. When my wife turned him down he made it known he was going to the nude hot tub to try and hook up. Maybe these are the type of situations you have heard of.

BTW...he did this by whispering in her ear so I could not hear. Not kewl in my books.

Thumbs up

Our favorite bartender comes to our room every year to get the gifts we bring for her and her daughter. I have never heard the "door must be open" thing before. Our bell guys always close the door when they are bringing in our luggage.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

The door must be open is a policy at H2...Michael and Tony (bellman) both reiterated it last trip....they leave it open a tiny crack. It's no big thing, but it is 'the official rule'.....
    Liz & Chris

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I’m fairly sure that fraternizing with guests would be grounds for immediate dismissal. I heard about an employee that crossed the line (just a little) and was re-assigned to another property. The jobs at the resorts are precious, so I wouldn’t go there and cause harm to an employee’s career.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Fraternizing with the guests on property is against the rules and is grounds for dismissal. However, it is done….discreetly. How else can you explain the long list of marriages between guests and staff?

Staff...

I have heard that the staff are not supposed to go back to guest bedrooms. And, I would say most of the staff follow that rule. However, I do know that some of them tend to approach women (usually in their 20's) to see if they want to "party". I have known a few women that took them up on the offer (guess they wanted a Jamaican experience :P ). I've know 2 girls that took an invitation to party off-site with some staff at a local beach. I was told that it didn't go well, but no further details. Now, these are relatively rare examples. Most of the staff is great. So, don't let any of this bug you. Just use a bit of common sense. Even the questionable staff aren't that pushy. They wouldn't have gotten anywhere if the interest wasn't reciprocated.
    As for the employees selling marijuana... yep that has happened every time I have gone. In my experience, it usually tended to be the grounds keeping staff that would offer. (Never any of the entertainment staff.) And in one case, a dude poked his head over the fence near the nude side at H3 and wave a big bag of "something" and said, " Hey mon, I got what you need." lol
    It all comes down to what you're interested in. If not interested, I don't know that anyone was harassed or anything.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by anitathediva View Post
    Fraternizing with the guests on property is against the rules and is grounds for dismissal. However, it is done….discreetly. How else can you explain the long list of marriages between guests and staff?
    Very true and well said!!!
    Liz & Chris