Thread: Fishing excursions

Fishing excursions

Does anybody recommend a good fishing excursion around H2? We would like to try one, but only if it is worth while. We will be in Hedo the 3rd week of July.

Also, what is the cost?

Thank you,
    Gun Powder

I would suggest asking the guys at the dive shack. You always see men in boats asking if you need party supplies, I really do not know about the fishing. I would suggest to check with the staff before you go off in one of those little boats. They do arrange charter fishing. Have fun
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Deep sea fishing is a pretty expensive proposition. The boats have twin diesels, fly bridges, and at least 2 crew. Never done it in Jamaica, but Cabo was $400 day in a small boat and twice that in a battle wagon. The summer is the best time, but the weather can get rough by afternoon. Those little outboards mentioned above are not for deep sea fishing.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Blog Entries
    As caughtyoulookin deep sea fishing in Jamaica is expensive. Half days run around $600 and full days $1,100 depending on the boat. Is the fishing good? The worst day fishing is still better than the best day at work....but. Remember, it's called fishing not catching. And even the best fishermen get skunked once and a while. Will it still be fun if you spend $600 and don't even get a nibble? That is up to you. As a fishing guide all I can say is if you can afford it, why not.

For more info try, www.stanleysdeepseafishing.com, or go out with the locals by contacting the dive shack people like was noted in an earlier post. Have fun!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Blog Entries

Fishing

Gun Powder,

If you haven't been scared off I have some advice that I offer my clients regarding fishing trips. I guide in SW Colorado but the same basics apply any where on any trip:

1. What do you want on the trip? Big fish, a lot of fish? Usually you can get one or the other, but seldom both.

2. What do you need to bring? Food, drinks, fishing tackle? Do you tip the crew? Whho keeps the fish? Will it be catch and release?

3. Do you have to pay for lost or broken tackle? A full day guided trip here costs about $350 for two people. But some other shops charge for lost flies, use of a rod, etc. That can add another $100 per person and really spoil the day.

4. Look for a Captain you are comfortable with. Ask when is the best time of year for what you want to catch. A little homework on your part will help you have the trip you expect. Be honest with Captain.

5. Remember this is your trip. You paid good money for it and should get what you asked for.

6. But remember it is fishing not catching. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him catch fish!

A day of fishing adds a day to your life.

Thom

There is a fishing boat / guide near Rick's Cafe that is pretty good. The name of the company (or maybe the boat) is "Scent Of A Woman." Like most boats, they don't "guarantee" that you will catch fish. They do "guarantee" that you will feel like you caught fish even if you didn't.

Look into it. With Easter upon us, fish is a good thing.