Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A single male on single males

A single male on single males

No, it's not what you think.
    I want to take this opportunity to talk to the single guys out there that are reading this board and thinking about going to Hedo.

So, to all you single guys thinking about taking the naked plunge... here are a few things to consider and keep in mind if you decide to visit our Jamaican home.

First of all, Hedo is for the ladies. Yes, the guys get to have some fun. But, the main focus is on the women. Why? Well, I'll let someone more articulate than myself answer that question. I'm not feeling too wordy right now. What does that mean to the single male? Simple, treat all women with respect.

The next thing you single guys need to understand is that being naked does NOT automatically equate to having sex with you. Many of the couples I've met at Hedo are monogomous. They don't want to have sex with others. They just like being naked and possibly having sex in public. And couples that DO play with others? It doesn't mean that they might want to play with YOU.

I understand that some single guys are sold on Hedo as the place where you can run around naked and women will just jump all over you. If you're Brad Pitt, that may happen. But don't count on it.

The reason I'm writting this now is that I just got back from Hedo II a few days ago. For some reason there seemed to be an unusually large number of creepy, sociably inept single guys this trip. At least two guys were running around touching and grabbing without permission. Guys, if a woman wants you to touch her, she, or her husband, will approach you and feel you out. Grabbing someone's wife is a quick way to get popped in the mouth.

There were apparently some closeted gay guys this trip. Now, I personally don't care which way your sexual taste run. But, no means NO! Just like the straight guys with women. If you approach someone and they turn you down, live with it and leave them alone. I was getting very annoyed with some guy that kept following me around. Dude! Take a freakin hint!

Oh, and to you creepy gawkers. You do realize that people can see you, right? At the very least keep a respectful distance. I've seen guys get entirely too close to a couple that was too enthralled to notice the personal space invasion. Again, keep your distance unless verbally invited closer.

Now, keep in mind. Even if you have been hanging out with couples and even if you've played with them on one night. It does NOT mean that you can follow them around and barge in on their private moments. If you see a couple having sex on a raft, leave them alone. When they're done, leave them alone. Let a couple relax in post-coital (sp?) bliss for a while. They may just be taking a break between rounds. Wait until they decide to rejoin the party and wave you over.

And to those of you who think your being slick with lame-ass break in excuses, (like asking for a smoke or a light) DON'T. Everyone sees right thru that and thinks you're a creep.

Learn some simple social skills and common courtesy. Otherwise you'll have a lousy vacation and likely ruin someone else's.

If you're curious as to how your social skills rate, go to a bar, lounge or other public gathering place where you live. If you can meet new people, have some laughs and good conversation, then you'll be fine at Hedo. If you get dirty looks or punched in the face, it means you're a jerk and Hedo is not for you.

I hope that other experienced Hedo vets, both singles and couples, can add to this. Hopefully we can educate some good guys and cut down on the bad ones.

Respectfully,
    Dennis
    Breathe...Relax...Drink ...Nothing is forever.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

whoops - my mistake
    Last edited by Miggity Mike; 04-29-2009 at 11:10 AM.

im with mike on this...im just going to party and relax. enjoy a couple days away from the stress at home.

Great advice, Dennis! Even though it may not apply to all (or even many) single guys who visit Hedo, especially those wise enough to read the boards, it is certainly worthwhile to listen (and read) your words.

"Are You Feeling Hedo's Mojo Yet?"
    Hedonism II, April 21-28, 2012
    mo@hedomojo.com

You probably won't get a lot of people reading this thread because of the title. I had second thoughts. Really good thread though. Thanks.

Registered User Islander_Couple's Avatar
    Good words to live by Dennis. As a veteran couple I will say your advise is right on!

There is a world of different between great single guys and jerks. One year there was a group of six single guys. They had invaded the nude hot tub after the disco and decided to act like 12 year olds. One of them actually stood on the side of the hot tub and said look at me...and did a canon ball into the pool. Needless to say that was a great mood breaker!

Keep up the good attitude and have a great time when you are there.

Couples Ocho Rios - 92,93,94,95,96,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,09 all in October!
    Hedo II - 10/07
    Hedo III - 04/05, 04/06, 04/07, 10/07, 04/08, 04/09, 10/09, 04/10
    Desire - 10/08
    Hedo II - Happy Camp Crazies! group trip - 10/10, 10/11
    N Resort - 4/11

Host Couple for the 3rd Annual Happy Camp Crazies! Group @ Hedo II
    ...October 13th - 20th 2012
    ...Through Castaways Travel - Call them now!!

April 2013 - Back to "N" Resort

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PRKnight66 View Post
    No.....I'm not feeling too wordy right now....
    lol....

Quote Originally Posted by PRKnight66 View Post
    What does that mean to the single male? Simple, treat all women with respect. Dennis
    A good standard to live by at Hedo and in everyday life...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dennis,

We were there man. There was this little jerk prick who annoyed everybody and he was abused for his efforts. More than one guy confronted his dumb ass. There were other guys who made friends and had a good time. We met you and Karl with a K. Both nice, well mannered guys. We're not into playing with others, but there's a better chance of scoring by being friendly than by being a total jerk off. I still advise single guys to bring a woman. You'll both get worked up and take it out on each other....frequently.
    Howard
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Yeah, maybe the title is a bit missleading. I was hoping the curiosity factor would get more people to read this.

Please keep in mind that this thread is aimed at those single males thinking about going to Hedo for the first time. This is not meant to bash anyone. Nor is it addressed to the single guys that have gone to Hedo and know how to behave. I'm really just hoping to help educate a few of those rare guys out there that don't seem to have a clue.

If I can keep just one "stickman" or crazy ass mumbler from darkening the sands on the nude beach, then I'll feel that I've accomplished something good.

Dennis
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

Dennis,
    Completed my 3rd trip to Hedo 3 in March. You are right on. I have practiced what you espouse and have had amazing vacations and made great friends. It IS all about respect. I simplify it for me (I'ma simple guy)

Fun people like hanging around with fun people. It's vacation!
    Don't go unless invited
    Stay only as long as your welcome
    Only do what is asked

Relax, have fun. It's Hedo mon!

Thanks for the insight! I couldn't agree more.

Dave

I agree! A childhood friend and I visited H2 last year and we were surprised how receptive fellow guests were to us and how much fun we ended up having. As long as you're respectful, affable and laid back, you will have a blast.

Great post Dennis, We had 2 single guys in our group last March and they both were respectful and friendly, cosiquently both had a great time and are comming back with us next year. I do have to say that in all our visits to Hedo II and III the "single creepy" guy is a minority
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group

Oops. Yes, you're right and I should have mentioned that earlier to put couples considering Hedo at ease.
    The creepy single guys are a VERY small percentage of the visitors to Hedo. Most people are respectful and friendly. You may go and never see a creep. The fact that there were 2 or 3 at Hedo 2 last week was unusual. Even so, most of them will go away when told to.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

Just to enforce the earlier posts, we have met many more fun, respectful, singles, men & women, than have encountered creepy ones.
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

Registered User Islander_Couple's Avatar
    It is true - they (the single jerks) really are the minority when it comes to the number of guests that are at the resort.

Most of us have had an interaction with that single guy. We never forget that one and it makes for good posting.

To give credit where credit is due, we also remember the Dennis' of the trip, or the Dave's. Those impressions we will take home with us with fond memories. Respect and appreciation are given right back at those great single guys that are fun to be with, whether it is a drink at the bar, a dance at the disco or conversation at dinner.

Qudo's to them!

We are at 9 days, 18 hours and 22 minutes until we leave...but who's counting!

Couples Ocho Rios - 92,93,94,95,96,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,09 all in October!
    Hedo II - 10/07
    Hedo III - 04/05, 04/06, 04/07, 10/07, 04/08, 04/09, 10/09, 04/10
    Desire - 10/08
    Hedo II - Happy Camp Crazies! group trip - 10/10, 10/11
    N Resort - 4/11

Host Couple for the 3rd Annual Happy Camp Crazies! Group @ Hedo II
    ...October 13th - 20th 2012
    ...Through Castaways Travel - Call them now!!

April 2013 - Back to "N" Resort

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast