Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Working Out for Hedo

Working Out for Hedo

I'm curious as to how many people go on a diet and exercise regimen in anticipation of going to Hedo?

We are going in June. My wife has always worked out regularly, and it shows, but now she is on a "Mission from God" it seems. She works out every day and counts each and every calorie. I'm in good shape after years in construction, but since January I've been right beside her with her aerobics program, and now I'm into weight lifting again. The thought of walking around naked in Jamaica has been a big incentive for us to look super fit. We have never felt better. In fact, the herniated disc in my neck no longer hurts, the torn rotator in my shoulder is way, way better, and the pinched nerve in my back is no longer an irritation.

Has anyone else gotten into better shape because of the Hedo influence?

Totally with you on this. It's funny what the thought of being naked with a group of people will do to your motivation to improve your appearance and, really quite inadvertantly, your overall body health. So Hedo should be looked upon favorably for more than the obvious reasons. Not that we needed any more.LOL

A lot of the folks we've talked to signed up for a gym membership almost as soon as they had booked their respective trip. We're headed out in November, and we've been working out since January (minded, it was also kind of a new year's resolution, but Hedo is a fabulous motivator). We weren't in bad shape to begin with, but gotta' say, we're both seeing the positive benefits. It's to the point that we're going to run a 5K in a couple weeks.

It doesn't really matter once you get there - you remember that Hedo is way more about your attitude than about how look. But still & all, we're very happy that we're taking this step.

Quote Originally Posted by locogringo View Post
    A lot of the folks we've talked to signed up for a gym membership almost as soon as they had booked their respective trip. We're headed out in November, and we've been working out since January (minded, it was also kind of a new year's resolution, but Hedo is a fabulous motivator). We weren't in bad shape to begin with, but gotta' say, we're both seeing the positive benefits. It's to the point that we're going to run a 5K in a couple weeks.

It doesn't really matter once you get there - you remember that Hedo is way more about your attitude than about how look. But still & all, we're very happy that we're taking this step.
    Yes, it doesn't really matter, ALL in the attitude.....definitely the attitude is what counts. But it sure feels good when someone looks at you and says, mmmmmm, and you KNOW it, rather than someone with a judgmental look or not looking at all........ On the other hand, no one has a perfect body, and I would not want to discourage someone from having the "time of their life" if they feel they are not totally "buff." Just some thoughts from left field in the interest of interesting conversation.

Registered User BLKCPLEJUSBROWS's Avatar
    if you want to be the "Ultimate Hedo Hunk" you better work out...I've been hitting the gym 3-5 times a week getting ready for our trip in August

Are you lifting small weights for definition, or heavy weights for bulk?

Both me and Monieb have been hitting the gym and *trying* to eat right to get in tip-top Hedo shape for our trip in a couple of weeks.

"Are You Feeling Hedo's Mojo Yet?"
    Hedonism II, April 21-28, 2012
    mo@hedomojo.com

Registered User BLKCPLEJUSBROWS's Avatar
    I've been doing both actually,at least 2 days a week I will push myself with less reps of extreme weight and then the other days more reps of lighter weight

We are going to hedo II july 18-26 and I work out 5days a week, my wife works out 3-4 days a week, and we have been doing so for several years, even before our intro to the lifestyle. I do not consider myself a hard body, but above average 35 year old dad and mom with 2 kids LOL...Never gonna be the 23 year old Abercrombie model....for one reason, not 23 anymore lol, but I think whatever it takes to motivate you to take care of your body is fantastic. We were in Desire in January and there were all body types. No one smirked, judged or discarded anyone for being ample or "out of shape" . My wife and I met some fantastic friends in Desire. While I will admit there body types were not our body types and there was no physical attraction for sexcapades, they are wonderful people and the previous post are correct: ATTITUDE is everything!!!!! my wife and I have met some of the most perfect bodies we have ever seen...we joke and called them our Greek Deity Bodies, but the attitude sucked and we still wouldn't sleep with them. EAT RIGHT and EXERCISE!!!

Working out for Hedo

Hi guys,
    I am firefighter/personal trainer here in Tx.I have always been in the fitness mode since I have been an athlete most pf my life.I actually work in the gym for Hedo while I am there.ANyways whatever motivates you to just "get up and move"is great.We have been going to Hedo together since 2000 and you will see all shapes and sizes.Everyone is beautiful in their own way at Hedo.I am 53 and consider myself "well-preserved"lol.You guys just keep on pushing the rock and I promise it will pay off for ya.But the truth is don't matter how you look,what matters is how ya feel..............................Doyle

I agree w/ Doyle its all how YOU feel. Yes I admit I do work out a little more before the trip, but overall I am in pretty good shape, maybe a couple extra pounds over the past few years, but I am comfortable with my body and my husband of 31 years says its just fine with him, he is in great shape, very active. Cannot wait til November. Hey Loco when are you going and to which place?
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

i was a fat nasty slob, didnt think anyone needed to see that. I ordered the P90X off the TV. I hit it every night. down about 25 pounds! 65 days till we leave, 64 days of workouts left.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Black Vulcan View Post
    Both me and Monieb have been...and *trying* to eat right.....
    We will see what we can do about that this weekend...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Try to stay in reasonable shape through out the year, though do step it up a notch bout 4 months before arrival.

4 months out, step up the beer from 2 a night to a 6 pack, cut back on sleep to 6 hrs a night

3 months out, start with shots in-between the beers, start limiting sleep to bout 5 hrs a night

2 months out, skip the beers, move on to tropical drinks, Rum Punch, Rum Runners, Dirty Bananas ect.. limit sleep to 3-4 hrs a night

1 month out, shots in-between tropical drinks, no more than 2-3 hrs of sleep a night
    have Bob Marley blastin all day and night

Its a pretty rigorious routine, not for the faint at heart, but by the time we arrive, we're in top Hedo form

or dead
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

Lent helps

I usually lose weight during Lent and that coincides with the time leading up to our trip next Friday. Ash Wednesday I was 173, now I am 167. I want to lose 4 more.
    I had an accident in December and couldn't lift for 2 1/2 months and got very weak. I had been maxing out at 10 reps on the bench machine at 320. Yesterday I did 10 at 310 so I am almost there.
    My wife is an exercise freak and always in good shape. She did want to lose a few and has. She may be looking to lose 1 or 2 more.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast