Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need scar concealing help for my wife!

Need scar concealing help for my wife!

If any of you know of a good waterproof product for hiding a significant abdominal scar, it would be greatly appreciated. We are returning for our 3rd trip to HedoII in April and my wife is VERY reluctant to go totally nude (even though she did before) due to a recent surgery. Many of you will say "Tell her not to worry about it...etc" but that has not worked. She is embarassed that it looks hideous and no matter what I say about how beautiful she is it does not help. So... if there are some good cover-up suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    CVS Carries a silicone scar strip that may work. They help the scar heal flat too. I am not sure how waterproof they are though.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

dermablend!!!

i use it on my veins and had been using it when i had bad acne that had to be covered. The creme is wonderful b/c you can blend more than one color to get just the shade you need. I know Macy's used to carry it at the cosmetics counter. I don't use the remover - baby oil works just as well.

You just need to hang with the guys who are comparing their scars! LOL

I've read and heard that dermablend is excellent for scars. there is more information on their website as well as on talksurgery.com.

Hi!
    Thought I'd tell you (so you can tell your wife!) that I am going in two days (yay!!) and will be proudly wearing a *significant* and fairly recent abdominal scar. I am proud of it because it represents an equally significant weight loss! But I also didn't want it to be the first thing anyone noticed, OR risk sunburning still-healing skin. So my suggestion is, if she isn't already, to start tanning now so she can build up a tan gradually. I've gotten a pretty good tan going and it has made the scar way less obvious. Hope this helps! Have a great time!
    Nardia

A sarong for while shes walking around may help. Sitting down, I'm not sure how many people will notice. Staying in the pool is a good cover up.

The better cosmestic surgery gets, the more scars your going to see. This year I will be sporting my breast lift scars. My boobies used to say "What's hanging" and now with new scars, they say "HI". I plan on having my hubby lube up my scars with sunscreen.
    Chris & LaDonna
    April 25 - May 1, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by nardia View Post
    Hi!
    So my suggestion is, if she isn't already, to start tanning now so she can build up a tan gradually. I've gotten a pretty good tan going and it has made the scar way less obvious.
    for most people, scars do not tan...the scars remain white or lighter because they have lost their pigment during the injury. The skin of a scar is very delicate and should be protected from UV rays, etc.

As someone indicated, the silicone sheets (providing you're not allergic to silicone and your scar has healed over so it's not weeping) are a help because they keep that area covered and moist without drying chemicals that most moisturizers still contain. Just don't try to abrade it to make it less noticeable - you may get a couple looks, may be even some questions if someone is bold enough - but for the most part, there are a lot of women who have the same scars - breast biopsy, liposuction, breast implants, C-sections. It's really no big deal.

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My wife is a nurse and managed to put a stilleto heal into her left butt cheek which resulted in a 7 inch scar. Rather than leave her ass behind, we're bringing the scar. She suggests massage a couple of times daily to beak down tissue and assist with healing/smaller scars. We wear them proudly as we plan on skidding into heaven bumped and bruised, coved in mud, exclaiming, "Wow, what a rush."
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Need any help with that massage?
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll offer to do those messages too. I think this guy has the right idea:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e..._mammogram.jpg
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

My wife has a scar from her chest to her pubic area from cancer surgery 23 years ago. She was cut open 3 times. It doesn't bother her or me much at all. In fact, I find it beautiful. It is her "scar of life".

Dermablend works good and also some of the tatoo coverups work too. My daughter has a "Nike" scar on her face from an accident when she was very young, just make sure you use clear zinc to cover so it does not burn, you can put it one first and then use the conceler. But you know what, don't worry about it, I have found that all of us Hedonist don't care about scars, they make us who we are. As a friend told me last year at Delroys - No Problem Mon....... He had a Zipper Tatoo on his scar from Open Heart Surgery... looked really cool....
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Did I hear Massage? My specialty....

I had a breast reduction and my scars are light pink. I am slightly concerned about the scars being seen while nude. I am light complected and the scars are very light. Dark complexions usually stand out more.

My surgery was 4 1/2 yrs ago and I have tanned in a bed on and off over the years. I used a higher spf sunscreen on the scars and probably will out there by the pool and beach.

Personally, I suggest having a good story about how you really kicked the other guy's ass and have a great scar to show for it!!! It's a little harder to make up a story with scars under both tits and around the nipples.

Scars are part of life oneway or another. I keep telling myself to show them proudly. I feel better about myself for it. Keep the chin up!!!

Sorry no product suggestions.

Scar concealer

Sephora Cosmetics found at most malls sells a product by Make-Up-Forever. It is used to cover tatoos and is totally waterproof. I use it down there all the time.
    JC and Ginny
    7/5 - 7/12 Hedo II

Specializing in nautical/terrestrial acquistion and redistribution
    I proudly display my scars.

Nobody cares, as long as you don't care and you're having fun.

Like other folks said, use a good waterproof UV protectorant. I usually use a good waterproof 80-100% sunblock on my L-AKA. Re-apply about every hour, or so. That's just me though.
    "Pirates are crude, vile, highly
    offensive creatures who compensate for their lack of knowledge and manners
    with debauchery. Now everyone can stop with nicey, nicey and start being Pirates!!! AARRRGGGGHHH! !!!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast