Thread: Taxi vs Shuttle

Question Taxi vs Shuttle

I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was faster to get a taxi from the airport to H3 instead of shuttle? If so whats the cost and I heard to only take certain taxis with a special type of sticker.

Probably only slightly faster since you never really wait that long for the bus. And no beer stop on the way. But you usually meet people on the bus and start the party then, so save some $$$ and take the bus with the rest of us.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

The shuttle takes about 1.5 hours. We heard a taxi is about 60 dollars. After checking in with Superclub's at the airport, we waited about 15-20 minutes, then got on the shuttle. Riding with Hedo veterans, they said the driver will stop at a local bar so everybody can get a drink. But if everybody agrees, he won't stop, and will continue right to the resort, that's what our shuttle did. No need to stop when all the drinks you want are waiting for you at the resort. We thought about a taxis, but after riding the shuttle, we didn't think it was worth the extra money.

We were there 3 weeks ago and they a) did not stop and certainly did not ask ayone if they wanted to and b) it took 58 minutes from Airport to H3, we only made one brief stop at Breezes.

When I arrived in MBJ, it was a Sunday night. There was very little traffic and no bars open so we sailed right through in about an hour with only one quick stop to drop some folks off at a different resort. Those arriving midday will likely find the trip takes longer than an hour due in part to heavier traffic and also due to making more resort stops along the way (the most popular time of day will fill the bus with vacationers) ...not to mention the beer stop.

Take the bus!

PROUDLY display your Hedonism bag tags.
    Make the stop on the way!!! Do not waste the money on the jerk chicken or the beer.
    All the chicken and beer you want is waiting for you at the resort.
    GET THE "GOOD" RUM PUNCH!!!
    After early morning wake up, 2 hr trip to the airport, plane ride, no food on the plane anymore, a good stiff drink at the Airport, a stop for the GOOD rum punch and I WAS BUZZED as I entered the front door at the resort!
    Actually next time we go I am taking a water bottle/travel drink bottle and having it filled!!!

Another thing to think of... a travel bag packed empty, get it out at the airport and buy BOTTLED Soda to have in your room.

The bus ride is all part of the experience... Hopefully you have other Hedo-Goers on the bus with you... IF not, just stand up and proclaim I AM GOING TO HEDONISM!! and watch the reactions!! ROTFLMAO!

As all have stated above, the bus ride is part of the Hedo experience, IMO, it also gives you a chance to get on "Island Time", no worries mon, you have arrived.

Also a side note, the taxi drivers will get you there faster if you ask them, on our 3rd trip, 2 couples choose to stay later when departing then the bus allowed, and take the cab, they stayed a little to late, probably told the cab driver to hurry up, and crashed and burned, not a good way to end, or start a vaca.
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

Thumbs up

We have taken the shuttle every year, it just seems like its part of the experience. It doesn't seem to take that long when you spend the trip from teh airport to the resort getting to know the folks on the shuttle.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

P.S. I vote skip the beer and chicken stops, its free at the resort.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Talking

I'd say take the shuttle ~

Not only do you get to meet some new Hedo buddies on the ride...
    But you may arrive with PEE in your panties if you take a taxi..LOL

You'll see your life flash before your eyes a couple times on the ride either way, but at least the shuttle is bigger.
    Of course after being there a few times we laugh when others are putting thier heads between thier legs to kiss thier ass goodbye...

Either way imo its not worth another $60 to shave 20-30 minutes off your trip. Too bad they don't have a little plane like Fantasy Island to take us over from the airport. I can just see Nick now...standing out front with all the EC yelling ...Places Everyone !! LOL
    Flme31@Hotmail.com
    http://www.myspace.com/pamazon

CAPTAIN PAM AND PRINCE RICHARD THA RUTHLESS
    BareAss Buccaneers
    Clearwater Florida

The taxi ride takes under an hour and usually costs $80.00 US. If you decide to take a taxi, do not find one yourself. Go to the SuperClubs lounge and ask them to call you a private taxi. That way you'll get a trustworthy driver and vehicle. One of the folks there will take you to the parking lot and introduce you to your driver. Whether to stop or not now becomes your choice as you are in control. Usually you can get some local information about points of interest along the way as well, because many drivers believe themselves to be tour guides. Be sure to settle on the price before you get in the taxi.

TAKE THE BUS! It is not that long and you get to meet some of the people you will be partying with for the next week or so. We love the beer stop. After a hectic day of travelling, the bus and stop just seem to get us in the right rhythm for our Hedo vacation. 3/23 - 4/3 Are we there yet?
    Proud to be a HEDO AMIGO

I say take the bus also! It is always a fun part of the trip.. especially to see the breezes peoples' reactions when I announce I am going to Hedo. The bus driver always likes the Hedo goers the best it seems. I definitely vote for the stop.. not for the drink so much as the potty. I drink on the plane and waiting for the bus, so I always have to pee! I think I have pissed people off for making the bus driver stop, but it is better to be pissed off than pissed on! LOL

Cheers,
    G
    Awol in Hedo
    7/30-8/8

Bus verse taxi

We too a taxi the first year that we went to Hedo, It was nice and he did point out a few places, We took the shuttle the second year and felt that it is better than the taxi (and it is Free) We meet some real nice people on the Bus and the trip goes fast. Beer stop is really great.
    Always a Hedo 1st Time
    Never a Hedo Last time

Brian N Regina

4th Trip 7/31/10 to 8/07/10

www.awolinhedo.com

Bus... It's tradition, and it's pretty fast these days.
    Mikey and Diane

Bottom line..take the bus..lol, its just the thing to do.