Thread: Snuba?

Snuba?

Was reading about Snuba in Cozemel, has anyone heard of it in Jamaica, or done it? Sounds kinda cool, still a little wary being that far under the water but might be convinced to give it a try.

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've not seen snuba offered at Hedo. However, there are other dive operations in the vicinity of both clubs I'm sure. To see if you would be comfortable with breathing through an underwater breathing apparatus, I suggest you check with a local dive shop and arrange for a pool dive. The effect is the same, but conducted within a very controlled environment. If you are claustrophobic or hydrophobic, diving (or snuba) might not be for you. Snuba is limited to about 30 ft, so you need a dive site that has lots of tropicals in a relatively shallow area. Obtaining certification is not that big of a deal and it really adds a new dimension to your vacations. My wife and I are really looking forward to several dives at HedoII the end of March- 1st of April. A side note: You have to get to bed early, lay off the booze before diving the next morning, and no dives within 24 hours of flying. Enjoy
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Great info, thanks!