Thread: Single woman's newbie trip report, Jan 11-18/09

Single woman's newbie trip report, Jan 11-18/09

As a single woman heading to Hedo for her first time, I boarded the plane with a little trepidation and a whole lot of excitement. Would I fit in? Would I be eating alone for every meal? Am I getting in over my head? I began chatting with my seatmate and we quickly discovered we were both going to the same resort and coming back on the same flight and we were both single and new to Hedo. I took it as an omen that everything was going to be irie, mon. As it turned out, M and I remained friends and confidantes throughout the week and will continue to stay in touch in the real world.

I had joined a Yahoo group a month before departure and got to know a few people who would be there at the same time. I highly recommend newbies make connections with others going at the same time. It made it really easy to break the ice and feel comfortable. We all posted pictures on the site so we could recognize one another at the resort. Early on my second day I ran into one of the group who introduced me to the rest of the gang and from then on, I was set. There was always someone to share a meal with or to hang out with at the pool.

The whole vibe at Hedo is incredibly comfortable, fun and social with a heap of sexuality thrown in for added spice. At one point we got an impromptu ‘puppetry of the penis’ show from one of the guys in the group. His sailboat was memorable but I don’t recommend asking to see the spider web!

One of the sexiest things I saw was when a guy wrapped his naked partner in saran wrap from shoulders to toes. Then he stood behind her and began running his hands over her plastic-wrapped body. He made one hole in the wrap (you guess where). Eventually, he ripped the wrap off her, as if it was clothing. Hot! I think I’m going to have to go to a bulk store to get me one of those big rolls of the stuff.

I went on the nude booze cruise with 21 other Hedos. We had enough people so we didn’t have anyone from other resorts on board and, as you can imagine, it got a little wild. The weather was great, the water was warm, the booze flowed and the crew was a lot of fun. We heard later that it was really quiet at the nude pool while we were gone that afternoon.

They have a stupid rule that there can’t be any sex at the nude pool until after 5 PM. On one occasion, security came over and told a couple to stop. Another time, the EC told a couple to knock it off (it was around 4:30) but then he proceeded to encourage the exact same behavior as part of the activities he was coordinating only minutes later. We all pointed out that it wasn’t 5 yet but he said it was close enough.

I’ve read lots of negative reports about the food but I didn’t experience anything of the sort. I found more than enough variety for the week and the majority of my meals were in the main dining room. If you want fresh fruit for breakfast you will need to go early – it runs out fast. If you see grilled kingfish on offer, try it – fantastic.

The house band had great dinner music and they take requests.

Entertainment was more risqué than I anticipated. The Miss Red Hot competition was being held while I was there and I watched the afternoon wet-T contest one day. They had all the guests lined up sitting on the steps around the stage and the contestants came down and strutted their stuff mere inches from us. The eventual winner took it a step further and I found my face being straddled by this nubile, naked woman while I held on tightly to her butt cheeks for fear of getting whiplash from her bucking hips. The whole time, I was inspecting her clit ring and laughing my fool head off.

The staff members were incredibly friendly and accommodating. One of the single fellows took a bad spill when he didn’t notice a step on his route. I met him a day later and he told me about how well he was treated by the staff, including daily massages on his injured back, a fridge in his room, and regular checkups by the nurse. Although his fall was in no way due to negligence on the resort’s part, they took extra measures to ensure his comfort. My own experience with the nurse was a positive one. One afternoon I had a persistent problem with burning and watering of my eye. She fixed me up, gave me an eye patch (now there’s an icebreaker) and followed up the next day.

I only knew of one other single woman there but I was the only one who frequented the nude hot tub late at night. At least 90% of the guests were couples. All the single guys were great fun. I wouldn’t classify any of them as Wallys or Vinnies. Well, there was one older fellow who made an uninvited pass in the hot tub but he backed off when I swiped his hand away. There were two other grabby guys who were with their wives. I heard one of them had done the same to a couple of other women but that a linebacker-sized husband quickly put him in his place.

Some single women may be wondering how they will be treated. Let me assure you that you will get more respect at Hedo than you will get in real life. AND you will feel sexy and accepted regardless of body size. I’m a large woman and never once felt any judgment because of my size. The couples were all friendly and the single guys showed the utmost in good manners. I felt safer wandering to my room naked and slightly tipsy in the wee hours of the morning than I sometimes feel walking down the street fully clothed during the daylight hours in the city.

Another interesting and surprising observation was the amount of fraternization between staff and guests. I heard from a few men who had hooked up with a staff member during their stay and I had plenty of opportunities to do the same. I must say, the hard bodies of the young men employed there are a lovely sight to behold. Of course, it is all hidden since it would jeopardize their jobs, if caught.

The weather was almost perfect …a bit cloudy in the AM and then sunny all afternoon. One night it rained hard for hours but otherwise it was paradise. Warm, a little humidity, and a lovely ocean breeze. I think it was the perfect time of year to go. Summer would be too hot and who wants to suffer through the rainy season?

Canada was well-represented. I expected to meet a few other Canucks but there were times when we outnumbered the others 2 to 1 in the hot tub.

I was a social butterfly by the end of my trip. I had met so many great people that week, it was hard to stay at the same table through dinner. At times, I hopped from one table to the next and referred to myself as a table slut. To other singles going alone, get out there and mingle. It will enrich your experience tenfold.

The Hedo experience truly is about the people you meet and the connections you make. One of the connections I made was with L. I had the pleasure of watching the commitment ceremony he and J had while there. I’ll remember him for his water slingshot, his crazy stories, the fantastic costumes he created for himself and J …and of course, his infamous cock tattoo. Another connection was with M and G. And the icing on the cake was the cock competition I got to judge between L and G. I’m glad I chose the diplomatic route and called a tie! There were so many other connections, including L and S, B and H, P and S and a host of others.

All in all, I had the time of my life. I met some great people, I laughed a lot, I drank a lot, I barely slept, I wore practically nothing all week, and I got a fantastic tan. Oh yeah, and I had my share of naughty fun.

Would I go back? In a heartbeat. I’m already thinking that I may head back in late May. I guess I've succumbed to .
    Last edited by Debra; 01-29-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Thumbs up

lol....FAN PHUCKIN TASTIK....it sounds like you really had a great time.

Thanks for taking the time to write about Hedo.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

AWESOME trip report!!! We're headed out in Feb and,although married, it's GREAT to hear a positive experience from a single woman. So happy you had fun, and now we're more excited than ever!!
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, but your best friends will be in the cell with you saying "DAMN! that was FUN!"

Sounds like u had a great time! Now I am more anxious for the next 8 days to fly by! Hedo 3 Jan31-Feb9

Wow Debra, awesome report and far more detailed than I would have mustered. It was a pleasure to meet you while we were there.

I agree with your report for the most part, the food was excellent, the entertainment was fabulous, people were friendly and the rooms and hotel itself were quite nice.

I didn't see much evidence of any "naughty" business while we were there for the week. In fact, other than the ocassional brief show (usually by the same couple) we found the place to be extremely quiet and tame. It certainly did not live up to it's reputation for being "hedonistic".

That said, we are planning to go again next year, for at least 10 days though, a week is not long enough. It was a lovely trip and we had a wonderful time.

Jennifer
    Last edited by Sumthnwicked; 01-23-2009 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks!

I want to say thank you for writing that! It was truly enlightening! I'm thinking about heading to Hedo and i'm also a single female traveling alone! I'm not sure when to go or which resort to stay at! Is there a huge difference between the 2? Or is it pretty much the same???? I'm completely lost!! If anyone else has any info they'd like to share...please feel free! The more feedback the better!!!