Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Hedo III getting as bad as Hedo II?

Is Hedo III getting as bad as Hedo II?

Okay, Hedo II is not beyond the cut backs we see everywhere from the down turn in the economy. I can live with it because our expectations are not 4 star to begin with. My biggest issue is not how they are cutting costs but how they seem to be increasing revenue. This year it struck me that they are booking more and more singles. The hot tub on the nude side (is there one on the prude side??) was filled with as many singles as there were couples at virtually any given time. I am in the hot tub on any night, I don't remember which and I count 18 people in the tub. 6 couples and 6 single guys. Am I the only one that notices this? I expect the odd "Vinnie" to be there but if the resort doesn't take steps it will soon be 12 singles and 3 couples. Last year it was comical. This year it was creepy. At one point security had to tell two clothed singles who had been standing their gawking that it was the nude side. So reluctantly they undressed and gawked from inside the hot tub. I think I preferred when they weren't in the hot tub. One guy spent so much time standing and watching with a towel around his waist that he went home with a tan everywhere but his waist and his right hand.
    It was so creepy that it has made us consider Desires but we hate to give up the Hedo party. Should we be looking at Hedo III? Is it me? Is it just during the holidays? Is there any way to protect our Hedo getaway from becoming the Vinnie vacation in the future??? Is Hedo III experiencing the same issue?
    Mike and Tina
    Commited to Hedonism
    he·don·ism (hēd′'n iz′em)

the self-indulgent pursuit of pleasure as a way of life

Synonyms
    hedonism n.

sensualism, gratification, debauchery, epicureanism; see enjoyment 2, indulgence 3.

Thumbs up

We have never had any trouble with single folks, we have heard the horror stories though from those that have. That being said, when Hedo becomes another "Couples Only" resort, we will stop going to Hedo. Not all singles are bad, just as not all couples are good. Both times we did have issues were from married guys that left their wives in the room or disco.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I just got back from H3 and thought I'd add my 2 cents.

I was one of only 2 single women that I'm aware of. There were far more single men than single women but whenever I was in the hot tub or nude pool, the vast majority (I'm guessing around 90%) were couples. I'd hate to hear that the resort banned singles. Of all the single men I met, not one of them acted inappropriately and not one of them hid his right hand while in the tub.

There were two men who grabbed me inappropriately - both times with their wives beside them. Go figure.

We just got back and did find that there were a much larger number of single men. Only one was an irritant and at least he kept his hands to himself. Side note to "Vinnie"; If you think that your wife is ok with you being at Hedo3 while she's at her grandmother's 90th birthday you're either delusional or a very bad liar. Also note (despite the fact that you didn't have a snowballs chance in Hell of scoring with my wife to begin with) going on and on about how Richard Gere's gerbil story was true and then proceeding to relate the details of how that feat was accomplished is not the way to seduce a woman.

Blog Entries
    You mean your wife didn't find the gerbil story sexy... Damn, that usually gets them every time (lol)...

What an idiot that guy must have been...

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

New Years at H3 was much the same as previous years....about the same number of singles...(single guys outnumber girls by about 8 to 1) not a noticable increase/decrease...and ony one kind of creepy vinnie this year...which was kind of nice for a change. Generally the singles are what makes Hedo different than other places....but do agree with above...a few are OK...when it comes to a single guy takeover week...count us out.
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Blog Entries
    Just got back from hedo 3 and we had no problems with any of the singles there. We have been 4 times and have not had any problems. There were single guys and gals and all seemed to be having fun. We have met and partied with a lot of single men and women while we were there and think that it does add to the fun and diversity compared to a couples only resort. Try hedo 3 and see if you like it. We have only had one problem in 4 trips with an overly agressive male and I simply told him to leave the hot tub and he did without any fuss. I guess my only complaint was there was not enough of the single overly aggressive females?

Blog Entries
    I went to H3 twice with my wife and the last time by myself, because she did not want to go. Even though it looks like she will be returning with me on future trips, I still think the singles are crucial to the Hedo atmosphere. I would rather go with my wife than by myself, but with no other alternative, I still choose to go alone, rather than not at all.

Singles go for various reasons. Some hear it's an orgy and that's unfortunate, because they go expecting one thing, then get mad when they get another. That's where a lot of the bad behavior you hear about comes from. Imagine going to Mexico and choosing a city that your travel agent recommended, because he said they all speak English. Now imagine getting there and everyone was speaking Spanish. You are pissed, because you don't speak Spanish and THAT is exactly what your agent said would NOT be a problem. You are grumpy and when you get drunk, you are probably pouting and talking to everyone loudly in English. Your pissed, all the people you are yelling at are pissed... it's just a bad scene that could have been prevented, had your agent not said everyone speaks English, or better yet, you had realized that it's MEXICO and it's probably NOT really that way at all.

The best way to fix the issue you speak of, is to have more singles there for each other, so they have the chance to "couple up" with each other while there...
    Last edited by JAnewbies; 01-19-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

We never had any real problems with single guys... Only 1 time at Hedo II we were being entertained by "Vinnie" telling us all about his 6 digit job while grubbing cigs... when we got bored we moved on ... We never saw the %s very high for single guys
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group

our experience at any of the Hedos single guys or otherwise has been great..thats my two cents worth...for what it is worth
    B&C

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BMJP View Post
    our experience at any of the Hedos single guys or otherwise has been great..thats my two cents worth...for what it is worth
    B&C
    We agree and your two cents are important...lol...singles, both women and men are an important part of the mix at the resort. As most here have stated, more problems with unsupervised spouses than with the single folks.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Debra--I heard that you might have grabbed a crew member inappropriately on the cruise! YOU GO!!!!

I agree about the single men not impressed

Just got back from Hedo III. And I will tell you as first timers it wasnt impressive. WE HATED THE SINGLE GUYS!! We hated seeing our mom and dad and grandma and grandpa walking around. 75% of the people were overweight and totally unattractive. We thought it would be a much more sexier crowd. Dont think we will be going back. They should have discounts or incentives to bring in more single women.

Staff was awesome and we liked the food, but too much white trash and overweight people for us.

Just being honest.

I think it depends on the week you go. We have been down there a couple times now and the crowd really does vary from week to week. The 1st week we had a really hot crowd, it was awesome.. and then the next week it looked like a trailer park won a free trip!! I guess it's all in the timing!!

Quote Originally Posted by abso0525 View Post
    Just got back from Hedo III. And I will tell you as first timers it wasnt impressive. WE HATED THE SINGLE GUYS!! We hated seeing our mom and dad and grandma and grandpa walking around. 75% of the people were overweight and totally unattractive. We thought it would be a much more sexier crowd. Dont think we will be going back. They should have discounts or incentives to bring in more single women.

Staff was awesome and we liked the food, but too much white trash and overweight people for us.

Just being honest.
    Wow! I'm so lucky I read this post in time!! I didn't realize Hedo was only for the "beautiful people" Maybe my husband and I should cancel our trip (like THAT will happen! LOL) It's unfortunate that you guys spent your vacation worrying about what everyone else looked like instead of just having a good time and enjoying each other.

Just being honest.
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, but your best friends will be in the cell with you saying "DAMN! that was FUN!"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast