Thread: Gay Friendly?

Blog Entries

Exclamation Gay Friendly?

Hey all,

Went to sex trade show here in Vancouver today and this really caught my eye. Me and my boyfriend would really love to go somewhere where "anything" goes. Is this resort a gay friendly resort? Or is it for straight minded ppl only?

Thanks in advanced for the answers!!

Cheers,

Not a problem for girls looking for other girls but the guys is not a thing you want to talk about in Jamaica!! Never seen any guy stuff happen and hopefully it stays that way, but lots of girl/girl action.
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

My husband and I are headed out for our first trip in Feb. I haven't really come across any threads in the forum that address your question, but everyone one here seems very open minded and non-judgemental. I would hope that in a resort where everyone can be themselves, that it applies to everyone, and not just straight people. I'd be happy to let you know what we take away from it when we return at the end of Feb! Cheers ~A
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, but your best friends will be in the cell with you saying "DAMN! that was FUN!"

There have been multiple threads on this topic. Use the search function, it isn't Google but it works quite well.

Often this topic is ignored though. It's one of those third rail topics, like talking about overweight folks.

critter2 is right, lots of girl/girl, and minimal or no guy/guy.

In my two trips to Hedo III, it seemed like only 1/3 of the people there were swingers, but because swingers are the most organized people there, Hedo seems to follow a swinger ethos. My understanding of most swingers is that male homo/bisexuality is frowned upon openly and kept very secret when it does happen.

I never saw any male on male activity at Hedo although I'm sure it happens in private and in the long history of the two resorts it has to have happened at some point in public. The "been to Hedo 20-30 times" folks could best answer this question.

Also there are a lot of questions in this forum that basically amount to what is acceptable or unacceptable at Hedo. I've always wonder how people define UNACCEPTABLE. Does unacceptable mean people will look at you funny and whisper? Does it mean people will get out of the hot tub when you get in? Or does it mean someone will punch you in the face?

For example, if your husband started to french kiss another consenting male in the Hedo hot tub at noon, they would get a ton of funny looks and whispers but I doubt either guy would get punched in the face. Ultimately how much of a radical do you want to be?
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Blog Entries
    Gay guys expressing public affection for one another at Hedo won't work... at least not smoothly.

Even though women waited for the right to vote (until 1920) and other equalities along the way... and as they still struggle with workplace equality to some degree... they have full acceptance and even an upper hand at Hedo.

Gay guys at Hedo haven't even been "given the right to vote yet," much less been granted "public acceptance." I don't criticize people for their preferences, even when I stand strongly opposed. At least now that I have gotten older I don't.

But, the fact is, Hedo is not for male homosexual activity. As Moorerotic pointed out, you would probably not be punched in the face, but you could almost guarantee yourself plenty of space as people around you cleared out to get away.

Hedo is tolerant of most things, but tolerance does not always mean acceptance and it certainly does not mean enthusiastic acceptance.

Girls are pretty and two pretty things, when they are together, are even more pretty. Because I am a guy, I can say this without seeming like I am insulting guys... Guys are not pretty, so when two guys are together, it's less than not pretty...

You asked the question, so don't flame me (no pun intended) for being honest... You can go and probably have fun, but I would recommend keeping the MM affection behind doors.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

So is Hedo against two non-pretty girls getting together? LOL
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Blog Entries
    I knew SOMEBODY, would find SOMETHING to blurt out (lol)...

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

Well I'm gay, lesbian whatever label you would like to use, and I have never had any problems at hedo. but I have never seen any gay man at the resort.
    Last edited by eden; 01-19-2009 at 03:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Eden... I think your label is HOT!!!

And being a girl... Hedo would welcome anything you and another girl (or man) wanted to do together, but that's been my point...

Imho

Quote Originally Posted by Moorerotic View Post
    My understanding of most swingers is that male homo/bisexuality is frowned upon openly and kept very secret when it does happen.
    in my experience, it's not that bisexuality is frowned upon in the lifestyle, but it typically is not displayed openly.

as for Hedo, we saw a ton of single guys there with their buddies, but unless they were VERY GOOD at being just guys, they were definitely straight.

Personally having had to hide a relationship before, people just seem to know when you have something more going on. For me, Hedo was about allowing me and my partners time to NOT worry about what other people thought. I can't say that being gay at hedo would be a comfortable situation. Unfortunately, there are too many people who cannot accept it as you well know. This is why we go find people like us - so we can be ourselves.

My one friend has found a travel company that books nothing but friendly trips. He's going on an all guy cruise in March. and in case this burning question is in the back of anyone's mind, this couple and many of their friends are quite monogamous. Swinging/polyamory/bisexuality/homosexuality are all separate entities.