Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Making Rules & What Ifs...

We live in Southern Indiana across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY.
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestguy672 View Post

Also -- Hedo is not a swinger's resort -- there are some who swing and many who don't.
    Thanks that tells us about everything we need to know.
    Last edited by HotWetWild; 02-10-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    So if Hedo is not swingers only all the time, it's been screwed up in your opinion???

If that screws Hedo up for you, you simply need to go during a time that a lifestyle group, or groups are there. Trust me, there are plenty to choose from.

And, for my recently unwanted two cents... I would assume that having non-lifestyle couples at the resort when you are, would be a good chance to recruit. Especially since so many couples actually go to Hedo to experiment with new things.

What happened to the allure of virgins???

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

Blog Entries

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by HotWetWild View Post
    I said unfortunate because the last thing I expected to see was a thread debating the rules at Hedo. I can appreciate the need to prepare "newbies" for the Hedo experience. We consider ourselves "Hedo newbies" but an experienced couple that has been in the lifestyle for a few years now. We didn't decide to spend a week at Hedo and not know what it's all about. I have a difficult believing that many couples would spend the time, energy and cash it takes to visit a lifestyle resort like Hedo with out knowing what it's all about. My point is if you and your significant other have rules that's something that should have been worked out long before traveling to a swingers resort, wouldn't you agree?
    What "unforeseen circumstances" can arise at Hedo that most couples with any experience in the lifestyle at all haven't had to deal with already? Jealously?, A partner's inability to say "no"?, or a partner's inability to keep his hands to himself? or the lifestyle classic "she don't play unless I play". As members of the lifestyle community we all know how to deal with these issues. You deal with them the same way you deal with them at your local clubs or local house parties.
    Bottomline is reading some of these "rules" in this thread is making us question even if we should visit Hedo in the first place. I have said it before and I'll keep saying. For a supposedly liberated group of people, some swingers sure are uptight.

Not everyone that goes are experienced lifestylers and hedo is not necessarily a lifestyle resort. While lifestylers go there and some people participate in the lifestyle while there that does not make it an exclusive lifestyle resort. And, if you read this thread, you can see that it has veered from its original course and turned into why people go to hedo. Some for the lifestyle activities, some to be nude (No sex), some to be nude and have sex, some for the food and cleanliness and some to read books.

Maybe, before you spend all of your hard earned money you should do a little research on the hedo resorts. This thread was started for people who were new to hedo. Maybe they were in the lifestyle maybe not. It had good intentions to edify and was recommended to be started from another thread because other people were asking what other couples had as "rules" and what other people had expereinced, good and bad.

They wanted to know what people that had been to hedo before had experienced. This thread was suppose to answer those types of questions and seriously steered off course. There have been many people that have gone to hedo for the first time and had no idea what to expect or what might happen. We were one of those couples. We must have liked it because we have returned 3 more times. But, we have spoken with and met other couples that were curious, also.

It has turned into a debate gone bad. Hopefully, it will regain its course. Kelwa was correct about the only real rules at Hedo:

BE NICE AND HAVE FUN! or RESPECT AND ENJOY!

Blue

Blog Entries
    If I may...

As anyone around here who is familiar with me can attest, I have always been Mr. Nice guy. I have never gotten into squabbles and I have never stepped on what other's believe.

This train wreck of a thread has been good though, because it seems that everyone (including myself) has had the chance to argue a little bit and bitch a little too. I just wanted the newbies to know that this thread has zero to do with how we Hedo folks are. At the resort, we would all be getting along wonderfully. Maybe just because we would be drunk, but nonetheless, we would be.

I won't make a public apology for the bitchin and arguing, because (just like being bored LOL) is OK...

I think we can forget this thread getting back on track, so let's just consider this the bitchin thread and get it all out and move on... however long that may take.
    Last edited by JAnewbies; 02-10-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Is your glass "half full," or "half empty"... At Hedo, who cares... go ahead and fill it up every time you're near the bar...

The fact that a resort that has built it's reputation catering to swingers and then allows the vanillas in to point and gawk; yes I would have to say that sucks, wouldn't you? What are swingers that go to Hedo, entertainment for those to uptight to truly enjoy the lifestyle? I get it. Lifestyle couples put on a show so the vanillas can play on the fringes without actually doing anything.

Or has Hedo become a haven for single males looking to score an easy lay? Help me out here. I what to know what to expect when we pay a couple of hundred bucks a night.

If I understand the previous post correctly than going to Hedo is no different than going to a nude beach anywhere in the world. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyes12 View Post
    Not everyone that goes are experienced lifestylers and hedo is not necessarily a lifestyle resort. While lifestylers go there and some people participate in the lifestyle while there that does not make it an exclusive lifestyle resort. And, if you read this thread, you can see that it has veered from its original course and turned into why people go to hedo. Some for the lifestyle activities, some to be nude (No sex), some to be nude and have sex, some for the food and cleanliness and some to read books.

Maybe, before you spend all of your hard earned money you should do a little research on the hedo resorts. This thread was started for people who were new to hedo. Maybe they were in the lifestyle maybe not. It had good intentions to edify and was recommended to be started from another thread because other people were asking what other couples had as "rules" and what other people had expereinced, good and bad.

They wanted to know what people that had been to hedo before had experienced. This thread was suppose to answer those types of questions and seriously steered off course. There have been many people that have gone to hedo for the first time and had no idea what to expect or what might happen. We were one of those couples. We must have liked it because we have returned 3 more times. But, we have spoken with and met other couples that were curious, also.

It has turned into a debate gone bad. Hopefully, it will regain its course. Kelwa was correct about the only real rules at Hedo:

BE NICE AND HAVE FUN! or RESPECT AND ENJOY!

Blue
    Funny I thought coming to a messageboard asking questions in a thread about "Rules for Hedo Newbies" was doing research. Sounds like I am finding out plenty about the place right here.
    Thanks

Blog Entries

????

It is whatever you make of it. If you are an exhibitionist, go for it! It is not an exclusive resort for swingers as you erroneously asserted. That is all I was saying. If you want that, you may have to go somewhere else. Or, as others have stated, go during a Swinger's week. You seem pretty uptight???

The nice thing we enjoy about this resort is the diversity of the people that go. We enjoy people that are in the lifestyle, the ones that are not and the singles, male and female. Some people think this should be a couple swingers resort only, well it is not.

Until you have experienced the diversity and variety of the people that go to Hedo to not make presumptions about vanilla or anything else. It is a fun place to go and if you talk to some of your lifestyle friends that have been, they will tell you they do not feel like they are on display or being gawked at or attacked by single males or females. It is a fun place. An adult Disneyworld where fantasies can come true.

Before you assume that there are people pointing and gawking, either check it out or talk to some people. I have not seen any issues like you are stating. ANd, it is much better than a nude beach. Just do not go with the expectation that it is a 24 hour swapfest of all willing couples or you will be sadly disappointed. If you go with an open mind, you will be pleasantly surprised! It is a great place where swingers can have a ball and people not in the lifestyle can have fun with each other without the presuure of a lifestyle male trying to bother their woman. People are nude, people have sex in public places, some people swap and some people don't. It is a place where there is no pressure and it is sexually charged.

Go and enjoy or don't, does not matter!
    Blue

Blog Entries

Hmmm....

Funny I thought coming to a messageboard asking questions in a thread about "Rules for Hedo Newbies" was doing research. Sounds like I am finding out plenty about the place right here.
    Thanks

Coming to a message board is doing research, making general assumptions about hedo before going and griping about a thread called "Rules" is just plain uptight and uncharacteristic of a lifestyle person???

Keep reading! Check out some other threads. Send out a private message to some other couple that talk about being in the lifestyle and get their opinions before sounding off on all the "vanillas" or people that go there and do not swing.

Have an open mind!!!!! Have fun and be nice!!!

Blog Entries
    The fact that a resort that has built it's reputation catering to swingers and then allows the vanillas in to point and gawk; yes I would have to say that sucks, wouldn't you? What are swingers that go to Hedo, entertainment for those to uptight to truly enjoy the lifestyle? I get it. Lifestyle couples put on a show so the vanillas can play on the fringes without actually doing anything.

Or has Hedo become a haven for single males looking to score an easy lay? Help me out here. I what to know what to expect when we pay a couple of hundred bucks a night.

If I understand the previous post correctly than going to Hedo is no different than going to a nude beach anywhere in the world. Is that correct?
    Dude... I get your point and most people would want to blast you for talking that shit... but let me take a better route.

I would hardly say the vanilla folks gawk, or point. To be more realistic, they are more intimidated and interested. Even though we are not in the lifestyle, I assume that all in the lifestyle were exposed to it at some point and that's why they joined. I doubt it was a decision made over coffee one morning.

As for the resort... it caters to all types, not just swingers. It got it's reputation, because all it takes is one person to know that swingers have been to Hedo and tell 1000 people that it's a swinger resort.

My gamble is that many got into the lifestyle as the result of Hedo. How is the lifestyle community supposed to grow without clubs, parties and resorts that are open to non-swingers mingling in with the lifestyle crowd.

A bunch of single guys looking to score... Hmmm. Not hardly. The single guys at Hedo are out numbered by an incredible amount. Keep in mind, there are those looking for the 2nd male and not a couple. Who fills that void???

You have to have every type, in order for all to fulfill fantasies, or wishes. Not wanting the "vanilla's" is like saying only white, or only black people should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyes12 View Post
    It is whatever you make of it. If you are an exhibitionist, go for it! It is not an exclusive resort for swingers as you erroneously asserted. That is all I was saying. If you want that, you may have to go somewhere else. Or, as others have stated, go during a Swinger's week. You seem pretty uptight???

The nice thing we enjoy about this resort is the diversity of the people that go. We enjoy people that are in the lifestyle, the ones that are not and the singles, male and female. Some people think this should be a couple swingers resort only, well it is not.

Until you have experienced the diversity and variety of the people that go to Hedo to not make presumptions about vanilla or anything else. It is a fun place to go and if you talk to some of your lifestyle friends that have been, they will tell you they do not feel like they are on display or being gawked at or attacked by single males or females. It is a fun place. An adult Disneyworld where fantasies can come true.

Before you assume that there are people pointing and gawking, either check it out or talk to some people. I have not seen any issues like you are stating. ANd, it is much better than a nude beach. Just do not go with the expectation that it is a 24 hour swapfest of all willing couples or you will be sadly disappointed. If you go with an open mind, you will be pleasantly surprised! It is a great place where swingers can have a ball and people not in the lifestyle can have fun with each other without the presuure of a lifestyle male trying to bother their woman. People are nude, people have sex in public places, some people swap and some people don't. It is a place where there is no pressure and it is sexually charged.

Go and enjoy or don't, does not matter!
    Blue
    Blue,
    A lot of information there and I appreciate it.
    Thanks for the help.
    Jim

Blog Entries
    Jim,

No problem, I hope I was not too rude. It really is a great place!!!! You really would have fun!!!

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by JAnewbies View Post
    Dude... I get your point and most people would want to blast you for talking that shit... but let me take a better route.

I would hardly say the vanilla folks gawk, or point. To be more realistic, they are more intimidated and interested. Even though we are not in the lifestyle, I assume that all in the lifestyle were exposed to it at some point and that's why they joined. I doubt it was a decision made over coffee one morning.

As for the resort... it caters to all types, not just swingers. It got it's reputation, because all it takes is one person to know that swingers have been to Hedo and tell 1000 people that it's a swinger resort.

My gamble is that many got into the lifestyle as the result of Hedo. How is the lifestyle community supposed to grow without clubs, parties and resorts that are open to non-swingers mingling in with the lifestyle crowd.

A bunch of single guys looking to score... Hmmm. Not hardly. The single guys at Hedo are out numbered by an incredible amount. Keep in mind, there are those looking for the 2nd male and not a couple. Who fills that void???

You have to have every type, in order for all to fulfill fantasies, or wishes. Not wanting the "vanilla's" is like saying only white, or only black people should be there.
    Let me first say it was never my intention to offend. Just straight forward questions with no ill intent. I can see your point about using Hedo to spread the lifestyle; that makes sense. I only wish Hedo did a better job of marketing so that those of us in the lifestyle can make a better decision on if we should attend or not.
    Jim

Blog Entries
    I was never offended. We were there once when a lifestyle week overlapped a couple of our days there. I can tell you that the resort did a complete about face the moment the groups got there. I can tell you that you wouldn't have even known anyone was there but the lifestylers.

Take my advice... don't sell the lifestyle atmosphere during a lifestyle week short at all.

Trust me, you will get exactly what it seems you are after.

We love Hedonism II

I got a headache!
    We need a Hedo fix.......SOON

Hedo III - Nov 07, 08, 09 & 10

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast