Thread: Hedo Virgins Can't decide 2 or 3???

Hedo Virgins Can't decide 2 or 3???

Hello everyone. We have took a trip to Montego Bay and loved Jamaica a lot and wanted to go back so just this past weekend we decided that we were just going to take a crazy vacation this year (we're not getting any younger) and now we can't decide which one to choose, Hedo II or III. We are planning for the first week in Feb. (2-7th?). We have been married for 12 years and really excited to do something like this but nervous about it at the same time. We have seen so many different forums about what people like about each but would love to hear from some experienced Hedo visitors that have been to both. Our biggest questions are:
    -What is the average ages at each resort? (We are 32&33)
    -The prude vs. nude options at each beach/pool area, How much & where must we be clothed, when is it optional and when required?
    -Which resort would have the least amout of single men? okay with single women..
    -We are planning our trip at the same time as the Mr Red Hot...so when there is an event like that does it take away from the normal activities?
    -Which one has the best entertainment/staff and why?
    -What can we expect to see on the prude side, is there plenty of adult entertainment on the prude side as well?
    -Are the rooms, restaurants, pools nicer at one or the other?
    We are really going into this open minded but want to be able to choose what and how we do things. Thanks for any input you may give!

Thumbs up

Hi and Welcome to the boards.

As you pointed out, you are going to get all kinds of answers to your questions based on peoples likes and dislikes, but you asked, so here goes...

We have been to both Hedo 2 and to Hedo 3, we prefer Hedo 3, but would go to Hedo 2 again if needed.

1- Average age. This varies depending on the groups that are on resort when you get there. At 32 and 33, you guys will fit in fine. The age range of our group is some in their 50's, some in their 40's, lots in their 30's and some in their 20's. That being said, we have seen people in their 70's having just as much fun.

2- Prude is Prude and Nude is Nude. Though you may see some topless on the prude side and some folks passing thru the nude side clothed, for the most part they are what they are and the security staff tends to enforce the rules as they see fit. Some times exceptions are made for gals on their "monthly" on the nude side, but again, thats pretty much up to the security folks. Hedo 3 does have a 3rd area called the Quad. This area is clothing optional so if you need time to ease into it, this would be the better side to start.

3- As for single men and or women, it just depends on when you go really. Last year our group had one single male and one single gal amongst the ranks. Everyone got along great.

4- It has been our experience that when there is a non-nude type of event that involves models types, they usually do not get that involved with the regular guests. They are involved in photo shoots etc... There is a group that is at Hedo every year we go doing a magazine/calendar shoot and we have never noticed that we were inconvenienced or missed out on anything because they were there. For the most part they are working and have little to no time for us vacationing crazies.

5- We feel Hedo 3 has the better staff. During our 2 visits to Hedo 2, we seldom saw any of the EC Staff. It really all has a lot to do with the energy level of the resort, they can get people pumped up, but participation is a key for them just like it is for most folks.

6- The EC staff does get everyone involved regardless if you are on the nude/prude or even the quad. Not sure if that was the type of adult entertainment you were looking for or not. If you are looking for PDA's, your best bet would be the nude side.

7- We found that we did not go hungry at either resort. Food wise there are lots of choices. We do love the ocean view of the outside Jamaican restaurant at Hedo 3. The Italian places at both were good. The Japanese restaurants food wise were equal. But, we did not like sitting in front of the hot grille outside at Hedo 2. Buffet wise, we never went hungry at either. Rooms, Hedo 3 is the newer of the 2 resorts, we prefer an option to bathe or shower. Hedo 3 works for us. Hedo 2 has great showers with multi nozzles and they have made some room renovations recently. People are gonna tell you that you wont spend enough time in your room to care, but we give Hedo 3 the nod on this as well. If a beach is the deal breaker, definitely go to Hedo 2. You can not beat 7 mile beach. We are from the desert, we do fine in the pools. Hedo 3 has 3 pools, while Hedo 2 has 2. Both have the nude and the prude, Hedo 3 has a nice pool in the quad for those trying to figure out if they want to be naked or stay clothed and be around people who are naked. I have heard many times that Hedo 2's pool on the nude side is bigger, I must be missing something, maybe I am just to involved with the folks around me to care. Hedo 2 does have a bigger jacuzzi in the nude pool than they have at Hedo 3.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, please ask away. As you can see, folks are not afraid to help.

Good luck on where ever you decide to go, you can not go wrong.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked."

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Come join us at Hedo 3.

I/we don't have anything to add to help you decide on your choice of vacation location, but I would like to throw out there that since we decided to head to H3 I have learned (through this forum), that you will not be the only newhedovirgins present at either location during the 2-7 Feb time frame. This virgin couple boards our flight at 0530 on 2 Feb headed to H3...Come join these newbies.

Hope to see you there!

Smile Thanks For Your Input!

That really helped hearing it from some experienced Hedo travelers. The plan for us is Hedo 3 and hope to have it booked before the weekend. We are trying to get the best prices we can but also want to book with an agent that is experienced to give us some pointers! If anyone has anyone or website to recommend please let us know. Thanks again for your help & I'm sure we'll be posting some more questions soon! Happy New Year!!!!

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    There are links on this site under travel. I found quite a few helpful agencies and was able to bargain a little. I would recommend (based on other members advice which I didn't read before I booked) going with one of the groups, castaways, or dennyp. I've heard nothing but good feedback from members who set up travel with those. I used vacationstoremember.com (Julie) but have not yet traveled, so the only feedback is that she has been great so far.

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by newhedovirgins View Post
    That really helped hearing it from some experienced Hedo travelers. The plan for us is Hedo 3 and hope to have it booked before the weekend. We are trying to get the best prices we can but also want to book with an agent that is experienced to give us some pointers! If anyone has anyone or website to recommend please let us know. Thanks again for your help & I'm sure we'll be posting some more questions soon! Happy New Year!!!!
    We have used www.castawaystravel.com travel for all of our previous 8 trips. You can call them at 1-800-470-2020, ask for Jennifer, she is a hoot....

Right now they are running a special, but you have to book by 1/31/09, 5th night free promotion. I am not sure if Castaways has any groups going during the time you are looking to travel, but tell Jennifer that Rick from AWOL sent you and they will be able to help you out.

Ivy and Rick
    "Life is to short, party naked"

P.S. If you can wait until August, we would love to have you join our little band of crazies.
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 12-31-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Talking Hedo 3 ~ Here we come!

Thanks to everyone for the info. We booked our trip to Hedo 3 today! We are so excited yet nervous about what to expect when we get there. We had stayed at the Breeze Superclubs in Montego Bay last time and loved it, but this is a whole new ball game for us! We had to change the dates a little bit though. We are going to be there from 2/14-2/19. The fifth night free promotion worked out great for us! I'm so glad we found this site with all of you on here to answer all of our crazy questions. It's amazing how many others have the same issues,thoughts, and questions about what to expect, body image, & all the "what ifs". Hopefully we can find some others that are going around the same time to meet and talk to. Now I definitely have to get to a tanning bed and start thinking about what to pack for me and my husband! 43 days & counting! YEAH!