Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies: To wax or to shave? Brazilian, Spinx or just manicured?

We're all for waxing! Started getting it done at the salon and did our research and purchased everything we needed to do it at home. Within one time of doing it Troy did better than the salons that I had tried. Now we can wax everything we want whenever we want. I prefer front to back waxed (and I mean everything) except for a landing strip. Troy gets it all waxed to and we LOVE IT!
    And like they said, make sure you try it several months before going to see how your body reacts to it. good luck!

The girls at the salon said to do a "trial run" first so that I should make an appointment soon to see how my skin reacts and such, and then to make an appointment after that and a few days before my trip...so....I am going to call tomorrow and make the appointment...wish me luck!! YIKES! This trip sure is having me do and think of things that I never would have before!

I would think a brazilian to start would be way too much pain for most people...how about just doing a bikini first & seeing what you think?
    Liz & Chris

If a brazilian is way too much pain...then why do it at all?! You ladies are scarin' me here...okay, maybe dumb question..but isn't the bikini just the side area? And, how would that prepare me for the full blown thing? And, if I can't handle a bikini, then I wouldn't do a brazilian..right? And if the pain of the brazilian is too much, would I really do it again?

We paid $500 in a package deal where touchups were free. Eventually the place reneged on that a little bit and additional sessions were $50 each, that was just bikini, not full body.

Results vary widely based on the skill of the operator and or power of the laser. I would really really shop around, try to find a place that is busy, and try to negotiate a deal or some sort of guarantee. The thing is, a clinics variable cost for each additional session is really low, so they should be able to offer you extra ones if necessary to get the removal you're after.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

You get such a smooth bikini area from waxing, way better than you'll ever get from shaving IMHO. That's why I wax, plus over time your hair grows in less coarse and less of it. I get my legs and bikini (with just a tiny landing strip left) done and love it. Plus I only have to have it done (or do it myself) every few months (compared to shaving). Bliss! I just don't feel the need for a Brazilian...aka getting my butt hole waxed as well and my waxing technician takes off just about everything else.

Get done what you want done...don't listen to us! Do what YOU want. Remember....it's all about you! Just do it!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Okay, so maybe I am confused as to what a brazilian is vs. a bikini wax? Can you let me know...thanks!

I wouldn't have a drink before a wax/sugaring as alcohol is a blood thinner. I first went to a spa that had no problem with me having a couple glasses of wine prior to my waxing seeing that they were the one's selling it. But to mix the alcohol with tylenol pm or any other pain reliever was not smart of them or me. Even with all I had consumed, it still hurt worse than any sugaring i've had since. The pain isn't THAT bad. I look at it this way, I have 3 tattoos and 3 piercings. These were much more painful than having the hair patch snatched! The most uncomfortable part of the Brazilian for me is the mound. Inner and outer lips are a breeze as well as the butt. If you have a really good and personable aesthitician(sp), you may get into a conversation where lots of laughter is included. That's sure to take away some discomfort.

Question Spinx, et. al.

What is a Spinx? With a Brazilian wax will most estheticians wax everything, including the "lips" around the vagina? Has there been any link suspected between skin cancer and laser hair removal?

I've had both a bikini and a brazillian. And as much as I hate shaving every other day, the pain was tooooo much for me to bear. The poor girl at the spa said I had very strong hair follicles... of all of the things on my body to be strong, why did it have to be my hair follicles???? I bled and cried. And I'm not a sissy. I have given birth to children without pain meds.

Not trying to scare anyone, it was just too much for me personally.

Now the sugaring, I'm interested in. Have to look into that before the trip in January.

Once you wax once to get a Brazilian you will never go back to shaving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellems2 View Post
    Okay, so maybe I am confused as to what a brazilian is vs. a bikini wax? Can you let me know...thanks!

a brazilian is all pubic hair front and back... and a bikini is just the front and not all ... at least at the salon i go to here
    Marti
    Rochester NY
    Hedo III MILF WEEK with ENTICE

If you take a pain killer before hand, i would recommend not using Aspirin, it also thins the blood (like alcohol). I suspect it could lead to more bleeding.

I have only had the back waxed and took no pain killers for it, so the above is just a theory, not based on real experience.

BTW - i am typing this while having my VX and coke, counting down the days till the next trip (Feb 20)
    The more you drink the less you need your pants

NYE 2016/2017 - H2
    February 2014 - H2
    October 2013 - H2
    November 2012 - H2
    February 2012 - H2
    NYE 2010/2011 - H2
    January 2010 - H2
    February 2009 - H3
    February 2008 - H3

Bald is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Ask Ask!

After working in a salon for 15 years, I can help you with some of your questions. First of all, ask who does Bikini Waxing more often in the salon or spa you plan on going to. The person doing the waxing makes all the difference in pain. Some people just have a better technique. Also, It is my experience that if you stay away from the "softer waxes that require strips, it seems to hurt less. Hard waxes dry and are pulled off without a strip. Hard waxes are mainly used for Brazilian waxing, but can be used for any area. When you get waxed, if you're still nervous, just have them "clean up" on the sides, you can go back often and work your way closer. You don't have to go bare the first time. You will look like a plucked chicken for a few hours, but it's worth it. The hair grows back with a finer end - no harsh stubble. Like an earlier poster commented, get a bottle of Tend Skin, it helps tremendously with ingrown hairs. It also helps with razor burn if you have sensitive skin. Tend Skin can also be used for men who get aggravated skin after shaving their beard or mustache. DO NOT USE TEND SKIN UNTIL THE DAY AFTER YOU ARE WAXED!!! I can not stress enough how much it will burn. Also, the more often you go, the easier it is. You can't go rippin' off a berber carpet each time and expect it to get any better....

Good Luck, after you start getting it done, you will never shave again.
    Last edited by lovingcouple; 12-11-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast