Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air through sky auction?

Air through sky auction?

Has anybody used sky auction for air travel to Hedo. I won the bid per night auction, but hesitant about the air because of the times and dates.
    Mike & Clair (April 11-16)

I went twice with sky auction once with air and resort package and once with air only and resort on a different auction and all was great , already booked again for march with seperate auctions and they had no problem setting up same dates. You just have to be carefull bidding sometimes you can get a better deal out right with airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyann View Post
    I went twice with sky auction once with air and resort package and once with air only and resort on a different auction and all was great , already booked again for march with seperate auctions and they had no problem setting up same dates. You just have to be carefull bidding sometimes you can get a better deal out right with airlines.
    Thanks for the info. The auction would save me about half the way there are ending, i just dont want to get stuck with a afternoon flight or overnight standby. I would have to fly out of a airport 1.5 hours away when i have a airport 5 minutes down the road. The saving would make the drive ok but the ride home is dreadful, because i have done it before after a all nighter at hedo.

Before we would take air Jamaca because it was a direct flight from Baltamore , but we would have to drive 1 1/2 hrs. to B.W.I but it was always a gamble on leaving on time or coming home on the same sceduled day. We are 20 mins. from Dulles airport where sky auction books our flight on american airlines through Charlotte N.C. with only an 45 min layover so its always been good.

Charlotte is where we would leave from. All the searches keep coming up with $1,000- $1,200 for the both of us. Hope to win on sky auction for $500-$600 range.

I checked skyauction and there are is a great deal cosing in one day for our dates and market... but what scares me are flight times that arent posted ... that could be leaving MBJ ay 7 am and getting there at 10 PM
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group

Sandyann

How did you figure out the airline ???

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307

Each time we won an auction sky auction asked us our travel dates and set up each flight. We always were set up with American airlines and a the flights have been great , we have always left MBJ late afternoon which is always good for the last night of a Hedo vacation. I dont know if it is our lacation we fly out of or not , but I have been very happy with the service . Our march trip we leave Dulles 6:00 am arrive in Miami 8:35 leave Miami 9:40 am and arrive at MJB at 10:10 am on the return leave MJB at 2:50 pm arrive in Miami at 5:30 pm leave Miami at 8:15 and arrive back at Dulles at 10:45 pm. We went through Charlotte last few times.

I missed out on good deal last night (too drunk and mad after cowboys game) seems like weekend's are the best time to win cheap. Still worried about times leaving, cant waste the whole day in airports. The times are off since the cutback in flights.

This is jusy an idea I got off of another board, which sounds like a good idea if you can swing it, and we plan to do for our next Apr 09 trip.

We have gotten stuck not making our connections a couple of times, there for, missing the first day of our vaca at Hedo. Really tends to piss one off, not a good way to start a vaca. And air travel is just getting more unpredicable, no matter who you fly with.

So, on our next trip, we are going to fly down the day before our Hedo check-in date, book a room somewhere around MoBay airport, rooms can be had for $60-80. If we have flight delays, we will probably be able to get there by the next day, no harm, no foul. If we don't, we make arrangements with the SuperClubs desk prior to leavin the airport, you can't get to the lounge after you leave the building, to be picked up the next day, out front, at the passenger drop-off area, by the bus, early, and get an early start the first day we are there.

Anyway, we're gonig to give it it try, it sucks burning a Hedo day on travel.
    Last edited by nekkidpirate; 12-08-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

That does sound like a good idea !!!! we can get a deal with Air Jamaica ( hmmm) for 1/2 most any airline ... but they get in to late and lose 1/2 the day ... any ideas of hotels at MBJ

Could not wait hold out. Usair is running a sale, so i booked today.Saved alot of money, but have to drive 1.5 hour to Charlotte. Thats okay because if i flew out of local airport it would have been $570.00 extra.

... any ideas of hotels at MBJ

Not yet, there are some people on Dennyp's board that have done this, I'll be msging them to find out where they stayed, I'll post it or msg you when I find out.

Also, anyone here that has stayed around MoBay have any ideas, that would be greatly appreciated.
    NekkidPirate

Hedo 3-
    Apr 2003 -2008
    Oct 2003-2005

Desires Cancun-
    Sep 2008
    Oct 2015

Hedo 2-
    Apr 2009
    Apr 2016
    Apr 2017

N Resort-

Desires Pearl-
    Apr 2013

We have used sky auction for several trips including H2. No problems with flight, or anything involving skyauction. We actually won this trip for h2 only no flight for $1400.00 includes 7 nites for 2. Just got lucky
    Bert

Sky Auction

We purchased the week's vacation WITH roundtrip airfare. Our flight leaves St. Louis at 5:30 am which is fine with us because that will put us at Hedo by mid-afternoon. Coming back, we leave MoBay at about 1:00 pm. Flight times are great for us. Plus, a week with airfare totaled about $1,900. Try booking airfare and seven nights for that! You can't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast