Thread: Nov.14th-28th

Nov.14th-28th

Well we survived another awesome year of partying at Hedo2 and now we will do a couple of months at the Betty Ford Clinic and we will be ready to start the countdown to next years trip.
    Travel in and out by US AIR had no problems and the bus ride to and from the resort was fine.The bus ride in was actually the best one ever as we waited at the Groovy Grouper outside the airport for friends to arrive so we could all bus together.After a few beers our friends arrived and after several more we realized we were buying drinks we could be getting free, so we filled a bag with Red Stripes and headed off to the resort .One beer/pee stop later and we were at "home".
    Other than a couple of the girls getting naked the minute they stepped off the bus[who would ever do that?],check in went through without a hitch. Don't know who to thank more,our travel agent or Hedo management but we were upgraded from prude side ocean front jacuzzi to a nude side ocean front jucuzzi. Awesome room #2171,was about 50 yards from Delroy's bar and the nude pool .The ac worked great and we never had a problem with anything in the room other than little ants one day and they were drawn in by food left out.
    The only theme nights that seemed to be well covered were the PJ and Toga nights.Our group did pimp & ho and naughty school girl nights and had fun doing that.
    The Piano bar was a great time every time we were there and the place was pretty much standing room only.Dion does a great job in our opinion and kept the people going,of coarse with out the people wanting to sing the place would be no fun so Kudos to those that sang and joked etc...
    Ok our sore spot of this trip was the food!!!! We have never in 5 years seen the salad bar so poor and the dinner buffet not much better.Even Thanksgiving when we went to eat at 8:30 and the turkey was already MIA. We always managed to eat something but it was really not even close to previous years.We ate at the buffet for lunch one day and had a good selection so not sure why they can not get the nights better.Grand Gala buffet on the 14th had Lobster tails but the following week had none.
    Pastafari was again as good as we always expect but we only ate there once because we don't really set up a schedule when on this vacation. The prude beach grill was excellent and we ate lunch there a couple of times. No problems with the nude beach grill as we always had grilled cheese or BLT's and fries and those were always fine.
    Bar service was always fine for us as we realize sometimes there are alot of people at the bar and only so many bartenders to go around.Could definately use someone to order the alcohol so they don't run out so frequently.No Jim Beam for almost 2 weeks at most all bars and Crown few and far between most times but again we always found something to drink and we helped them get rid of alot of rum cream this year!!!
    The gym looked to be a busy place most mornings and i [Bill] felt better each morning after walking by it.Sometimes i would spend a minute or so watching the Yoga classes and felt much more relaxed afterwards and would therefore need some vodka and orange to get my system back in order.
    All in all we had an awesome time with all our previous friends,[i'd say old friends but they whine about that],and we met some great new friends who we hope to see again next year and many years after.
    Hope to see everyone back in 2009 for another really great vacation!!!

Bill & Donna

Almost left out the most important event of the whole trip!!! On the 25th Donna and i renewed our wedding vows after 30 years of wedded bliss and Lorna did an awesome job of taking care of all the details.We renewed our vows on the "hook" and had a wonderfull champagne table set up just off the edge of the nude grill for toasting this event. It was so great to have all of our best friends standing with us for the ceremony and then having toasts with us as we enjoyed a special moment in our lives that we will remember forever!!!!
    Last edited by critter2; 12-02-2008 at 10:03 AM.
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Great report. And congrats once again on the 30yrs of bliss!

By the way I also followed your work out routine, man who knew watching 1 min of yoga would be so exhausting!!
    Past Trips:
    November: 2008, 2011, 2012
    October: 2016
    January: 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020

Upcoming Trip: January 19th - 31st 2021

Great report Bill and we were honored to be part of it. The DIF is already too much to handle. The bus ride was too much fun wasn't it?
    Back at Delroy's November 16th to 26th for Spanksgiving

OMG your comments about the gym and yoga are way too funny i will think that every time i go past there from now on lololol