Thread: Nude beaches at home?

Registered User NorthernXposure's Avatar

Nude beaches at home?

Hi all,

We're heading to H3 in January for the first time and we've been reading a ton of trips reports to get prepared. Thank you to all that took the time to file your reports. One thing that we've noticed from reading is that for many people their first time at Hedo is also their first time being naked in public.

Luckily for us we're from Vancouver, Canada and we have a wonderful nude (well okay "clothing optional") beach called Wreck Beach here to enjoy. Its a very beautiful, natural place, protected from just about anything manmade, except for the boats in the water and the planes taking and landing at Vancouver Airport. We started going down there about 4 years ago (about the same time we got into the 'lifestyle'...coincidence?) and on our first visit we were naked in about 2.5 secs and never looked back. When in Rome right? It just felt so spiritually freeing and comfortable and in the summer we try to get down there at least twice a week. Our avatar was taken on Wreck and if you look closely you can see the full moon...LOL!

Anyways, just wondering how many of you are lucky to have a nude beach where you live and whether you go there often. If you are regulars at a nude beach...did this have an effect on you deciding to go to Hedo for the first time?

Here's a link to the Wreck Beach website. If you're ever in Vancouver during the summer make sure you get down there for a sunny afternoon you'll never forget. www.wreckbeach.org

Cheers,

M&J

No nude beaches in our neck of the woods
    But skinny dipping can be fun!!!

thanks

I have been to wreck beach as well. Originally from Chilliiwack, now in Fort McMurray, we are heading to Hedo 3 for the first time in January as well(16-24). From what I have read i don't think we are going to see the same PDAs at wreck beach as we will see at Hedo.
    S&B

we're from Long Island and there are several nude beaches but never been to one. Usually when we're at the beach it's with the family.

No nude beaches in Ireland and even if we had we rarely get the weather in summer to enjoy them. The only positive if you try it out the females nipples will certainly stand out!!!

Nude beaches

We are about 5 hours from the Gulf of Mexico, but live near a lake with a nude area called Hippy Hollow, but never been there! I H3 Jan 16 thru 19.
    G&C

We don't have a nude beach, but we have a nude campground where we camp frequently in the summer! You need to be careful of sparks from the campfire when you're nekkid!
    I've wanted to go to Hedo for years, long before I went nekkid camping. Luckily when I told my hubby about it (this is the last and best marriage for both of us) he was alllll for it! We're so excited!

There are a lot of nude beaches at Lake Tahoe (about an hour away). We have never been. They are mostly secluded, but there is no enforcement of rules. We have heard clothed people hanging out and such. Just seems weird being nude when anybody can wander down and snap a picture or ogle. Plus, there is some anonymity at Hedo, but so close to home you could run into your boss or minister or parents or whatever and it would be weird.

However, we almost did it this summer. DIF will make you do thing you normally wouldn't.

As a transplanted Vancouverite, I am very familiar with Wreck Beach and always loved it. However I stopped going only because the hike back up the carved-out stairs was very challenging as I gained weight.

We have a nude beach on Toronto Island, about a 10 minute passenger-ferry ride from downtown and then an easy 10-minute walk. I started going there only this summer. It is about the same size as Wreck, area-wise but not nearly as colourful and no driftwood on which to lean against. The only vendors there hawk their rental umbrellas and lounge chairs. As with Wreck, there is a gay area at one end and there are the inevitable lookie-loos. Toronto Island seems to be less-popular with women than Wreck. When I go on a weekday, I am often one of only a handful of woman in my line of vision (which actually suits me just fine).

Yes, my comfort at the nude beach likely played a part in my decision to book a trip to H3. I think those of us who are nude-beach types are often just as open to other experiences. Even though I'm a newbie to Hedo, my gut tells me I am going to be surrounded by some very open-minded individuals. Jan 11-18 ....29 days to go.